Football Smarts-wash

Ability to improvise-Brees by a mile

Willingness to go for the throat-Brees

Ability to carry the team on his shoulders-Brees by a mile

Leadership-Brees by a mile

Ability to overcome the defense's strengths-Brees by a mile

Ability to beat good teams/D's-Brees by a mile

Ability to bounce back during a game-Brees by a mile

Brees is playing a hell of a game tonight but Chad has had great games in his carrer too. Come back to me when Brees wins a playoff game.

So Chad is still better than Brees? Last week, wasn't your mantra "Come back to me when Brees beats a winning team"? Not only does he do exactly that, he throws for 400 yards and 5 touchdowns, and now it's "Come back to me when he wins a playoff game"? Un****ingbelievable.

You are the biggest homer on the face of the Earth.

So Chad is still better than Brees? Last week, wasn't your mantra "Come back to me when Brees beats a winning team"? Not only does he do exactly that, he throws for 400 yards and 5 touchdowns, and now it's "Come back to me when he wins a playoff game"? Un****ingbelievable.

You are the biggest homer on the face of the Earth.

Becuase i think brees is overrated i'm a homer? i've been saying that for YEARS.

i'm wrong because of one game? brees will do nothing in the playoffs.

One game? Brees has been on fire all year and is on pace to throw for over 5000 yards. Chad has had one very good game all year, against the Titans in the season opener. Since then he has heen average to downright horrible.

One game? Brees has been on fire all year and is on pace to throw for over 5000 yards. Chad has had one very good game all year, against the Titans in the season opener. Since then he has heen average to downright horrible.

brees has played an easier schedule then chad has if thats possible and he has 2 GREAT RB's. he's gonna collapse in the playoffs.

brees has played an easier schedule then chad has if thats possible and he has 2 GREAT RB's. he's gonna collapse in the playoffs.

Brees is twice the QB that Chad could ever dream of being. Plain and simple. I don't care what kind of weapons you give Chad, there isn't a chance in hell of him having the type of season Brees is having this year.

Brees is twice the QB that Chad could ever dream of being. Plain and simple. I don't care what kind of weapons you give Chad, there isn't a chance in hell of him having the type of season Brees is having this year.

you put chad in a dome with those offensive weapons and he'd be just as good if not better. brees couldn't win a playoff game with the best player in the world.

you put chad in a dome with those offensive weapons and he'd be just as good if not better. brees couldn't win a playoff game with the best player in the world.

Trust me, Chad would have to throw 1000 dump passes to reach 5000 yards in a season. That is a feat he would never achieve. Coming into this game DAL was probably the hottest team in the NFL and NO just spanked the living crap out of them. I completely agree the NFC is weak as a whole, but NO has as good a shot as anyone to get to the SB through the NFC. As to Brees' playoff record, don't forget he was playing for Marty "underachieved in the playoffs since the beginning of time" Schottenheimer.

He has one great RB, Bush as a RB is awful. He should be a WR.

I wouldn't call Deuce "great" either. Above average, yes.

BTW, Joe Horn did not even play tonight and Colston was too dinged up to be a major contributor. I guess Brees benefited from all that superior talent like Terrance Copper, Devery Henderson, and some guy with dreadlocks I've never even heard of, right Mike?

Those are a couple of good points there. Brees is surrounded by ALOT more talent down in New Orleans.

Yes, Brees is better than Pennington but if you gave Pennington Reggie Bush, Deuce, Marques Colston and Joe Horn he'd put up comparable numbers.

Those are a couple of good points there. Brees is surrounded by ALOT more talent down in New Orleans.

Yes, Brees is better than Pennington but if you gave Pennington Reggie Bush, Deuce, Marques Colston and Joe Horn he'd put up comparable numbers.

don't forget the dome.

I disagree, a lot of the throws Brees made today Pennington simply can't make. What's the point of having talent around you if you can't take advantage of it anyway? It's not like Pennington hasn't had talent around him for most of his career. This is probably the least talented team he's had, and even so he has a former Pro Bowl WR and an emerging WR, probably one of the better tandems overall in the league. I just do not think he is very good. You could probably put him on the Rams offense and he wouldn't put up numbers comparable to Bulger. I think he would be good in the Chargers offense, but I think anyone would be good in that offense. You can throw behind Gates or throw ducks at him, and he'll just get the ball anyway, meanwhile LT will bail you out even if you suck, as he's done several times this year for the Chargers. I can't think of any other team in the NFL where on offense if the QB and the rest of the team doesn't show up, one player can carry the team. Usually that's the QB's job when the rest of the offense isn't working. Even teams like the Ravens and the Bears look to their QB on offense.

If it was the other way around, Chadophiles would be spewing similar excuses after Chad led the Saints to a 7-9 record by season's end:

- we just lost our franchise center & have a 5th-round rookie at OG. Give them another year or three & Chad will make them better.

- if New-Orleans-Chad had the Jets' easy schedule he'd be 10-3

- Who does he have to throw to? An over-the-hill Joe Horn & a 7th-round rookie? Please. If Chad had Brees' receivers of Coles & Cotchery he'd throw for >4000 yards also.

- Chad doesn't throw for a lot of yards in this offense because they have McAllister & Bush. He doesn't need to throw the ball all over; he manages the game & that's why they're not 3-13 again.

- What did you expect? This team was 3-13 last year. He's exceeded all expectations. Brees stinks on ice & if he was the Saints QB instead they'd be 5-8 at best.

Do I have this right? I think so.

Archived