Scenario #1:

1. Jets win out

2. Jacksonville loses 1 of their final 2

= Jets as the 6th seed or 5th seed, depending

Scenario #2:

1. Jets win out

2. New England loses final 2

= Jets 2006 AFC East Champs

There's also another scenario where the Jets could get in but it's a lot of crap having to go on in the final 2 weeks so lets keep it sexy and simple with these 2.

Scenario #1:

1. Jets win out

2. Jacksonville loses 1 of their final 2

= Jets as the 6th seed or 5th seed, depending

Scenario #2:

1. Jets win out

2. New England loses final 2

= Jets 2006 AFC East Champs

There's also another scenario where the Jets could get in but it's a lot of crap having to go on in the final 2 weeks so lets keep it sexy and simple with these 2.

I think in your scenario ONE, you assume a loss for either Denver or Cincy in next week's game. You can't automatically assume that, as it could finsih in a tie. You have to root against tie. Small chance, I know

I think in your scenario ONE, you assume a loss for either Denver or Cincy in next week's game. You can't automatically assume that, as it could finsih in a tie. You have to root against tie. Small chance, I know

Indeed.

There is also a chance that if the Jags win out if DEN & CIN go 1-1 in their final 2 we're in.

And for 1 it's pretty much a given.

The whole trick of Sunday is, do you get greedy and root for a Jaguars win against NE, and keep your Division hopes alive, OR do you go the sure fire-method and root for a NE win, and assuming a Denver/Cinci non-tie, control your own destiny by winning out?

Probably better off going the safe route.

I don't understand why a tie would be bad, that would prevent 2 teams from getting to 10 wins rather than 1. I'm trying to figure this out but can't.

I am WRONG on that TIE scenario. A TIE would actually allow the Jets to control destiny right away.

Sorry about that

Jets go 2-0 Cincy losses both to Pittsburgh and Denver.

Denver wins against cincy,and San Fran.

Jacksonville losses to NE wins in week 17.

Were the sixth seed plAYING WHO?

Jets go 2-0 Cincy losses both to Pittsburgh and Denver.

Denver wins against cincy,and San Fran.

Jacksonville losses to NE wins in week 17.

Were the sixth seed plAYING WHO?

We only need to see these things happen:

1. We win out

2. Jacksonville loses to NE or KC

3. Denver / Cincinnati actually plays their game:)

i do not think a first round playoff game can include the divisional winner and the wild card winner from the same division.

Sure it can.

Cleveland & Pittsburgh did it in 2002 or 2003, forget which year it was.

3 vs 6

4 vs 5

No matter who the teams are.

Sadly we better hope that NE beats Jacksonville... there is no way they are going to lose to Herms Cheifs in the last week... by then Herm will have let the team fall apart...

If the JAGS win and beat the Cheifs too, we then rest our hopes on winning out AND the Pats losing to the Titans in a game they NEED to win the AFCE....

If the JAGS win and beat the Cheifs too, we then rest our hopes on winning out AND the Pats losing to the Titans in a game they NEED to win the AFCE....

Or have the W of Denver / Cincinnati lose Week 17... that would vaunt us into the WC as well.

(If of course we win out and Jacksonville wins their final 2)

It is nice to be confused about stuff like this in December!!

Hey, last year we were confused too... confused on what the hell was going on because we were all tanked out of our minds. You had to be to go into that stadium last year.:)

Archived