PFW's The Way We Hear It...look at the 1st entry...

SoFlaJets

I think the Patriots assessment is spot on.

also what I was thinking is that it gives a little more insight into why the rift between our two coaches-maybe it wasn't that Belly wanted EM to take over for him as much as it is that he needed him to HELP him coach up the new coaches....something I hadn't considered

also what I was thinking is that it gives a little more insight into why the rift between our two coaches-maybe it wasn't that Belly wanted EM to take over for him as much as it is that he needed him to HELP him coach up the new coaches....something I hadn't considered

I can totally understand that point of view. You put a lot of effort into training a guy (Mangini) to act as your right hand man and maybe ask him to put his career aspirations on hold for a year to help your through a transitional year and he takes all you have done for him and leaves before you can get the benefit of the training. I know it is a business, but I can see why he could be ticked off.

I can totally understand that point of view. You put a lot of effort into training a guy (Mangini) to act as your right hand man and maybe ask him to put his career aspirations on hold for a year to help your through a transitional year and he takes all you have done for him and leaves before you can get the benefit of the training. I know it is a business, but I can see why he could be ticked off.

yea it is starting to seem like this is the crux of it all-BTW no one has commented on Nate Clements-how good would HE look opposite Dyson next year?

What a friggn' little weasle Mangini is for not staying with BB and taking a HC job in the NFL.

He he stupid or something?

Hey SoFla, do you really think Clements could beat out David Barrett and Hank Poteat?

hey Poteat has done a good job for us but Clements is something special and I'd love to see him in Mangini's defensive backfield-and no one has said it but Barrett made a great interception at the goal line Sunday

yea it is starting to seem like this is the crux of it all-BTW no one has commented on Nate Clements-how good would HE look opposite Dyson next year?

I'd love Clements, but not for too much money. He is looking for franchise tag + kind of money and extra cap room or not we should look long and hard before we spend on him. We need too many things to lock up more $$ on a team strength (db).

The Jets analysis makes sense, but seems odd considering that Clemens supposedly competed for the starting job this past season. Didn't think he had to be slotted to compete in '07.

I'd love Clements, but not for too much money. He is looking for franchise tag + kind of money and extra cap room or not we should look long and hard before we spend on him. We need too many things to lock up more $$ on a team strength (db).

The Jets analysis makes sense, but seems odd considering that Clemens supposedly competed for the starting job this past season. Didn't think he had to be slotted to compete in '07.

we have a lot of cap space Dom...it would be nice to use it,unlike a certain OTHER team that had it and chose not to bolster it's receiving corps...I would like to see us geta bruiser guard or RT a RB and Clements-what else would you spend for in FA with over 30 mil to blow?

If any of these guys have been re-signed let me know and I will edit the post...

RB's

Michael Turner, RFA, San Diego Chargers

Ahman Green, UFA, Green Bay Packers (he was good can he still be?)

TE/WR

Daniel Graham, UFA, New England Patriots

Drew Bennett, UFA, Tennessee Titans

OL

Leonard Davis UFA Arizona Cardinals

DL

Dwight Freeney, UFA, Indianapolis Colts

Terdell Sands UFA Oakland Raiders

LB

Lance Briggs, UFA, Chicago Bears

DB

Nate Clements, UFA, Buffalo Bills

Asante Samuel UFA New England Patriots

Michael Lewis, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles (with Kerry Rhodes... wow)

Those are the guys I think we should look into

Archived