Watching Herm presser on NFL Network and . . .

raffyD

From the outside looking in (non-chief fan) I actually felt a little sorry for him, for the first couple of minutes at least (then it just became funny). He really sounds like a boob, truly clueless. Was I that blind during his tenure or has he just gotten worse (or, has media coverage of him increased maybe?)? Then he kept talking, the reporter asking a question had to literally fight to get the entire question out because Herm was so eager to talk. He finished with loud mumbling about "It starts with winning the division, and then figuring out how to do that . . . ":eek:

2006 was a success the moment we got Mangini.*

*I was going to say "the day we lost Herm" or something like that but then I realized no coach and Herm as coach are pretty even.

From the outside looking in (non-chief fan) I actually felt a little sorry for him, for the first couple of minutes at least (then it just became funny). He really sounds like a boob, truly clueless. Was I that blind during his tenure or has he just gotten worse (or, has media coverage of him increased maybe?)? Then he kept talking, the reporter asking a question had to literally fight to get the entire question out because Herm was so eager to talk. He finished with loud mumbling about "It starts with winning the division, and then figuring out how to do that . . . ":eek:

2006 was a success the moment we got Mangini.*

*I was going to say "the day we lost Herm" or something like that but then I realized no coach and Herm as coach are pretty even.

You are finally seeing what non-Jets fans witnessed over the last 4 years. It's embarrassing isn't it?

I can't believe I didn't see it sooner either raffy-I started suspecting he was a charlatan on opening day and by the time Chad's shoulder was wrecked I was pretty sure and then by the Baltimore game I was convinced

Just brings nothing to the table as a head coach for me.

You are finally seeing what non-Jets fans witnessed over the last 4 years. It's embarrassing isn't it?

Unfortunately that's pretty much it.

This has to be his last hc'ing gig, I can't imagine him continuing like this. I support the league wanting more minority head coaches but they need to focus on guys like Lovie and Lewis, otherwise they're shooting themselves in the foot.

I can't stopping watching the nfl network btw (time warner free preview), Ronde Barber just said "they just love their head coach" in response to the question "why have the jets been so succeessful this year." Love this ****!

herm was a fool and he ran my favorite RB in the ground. hes going to do it to LJ LOL

someone mentioned the NFL network and last night and early today they kept showing Larry Johnson at the end of the show actually MOCKING HIS HEAD COACH about the "Y.P.T.W.T.G." quotes

someone mentioned the NFL network and last night and early today they kept showing Larry Johnson at the end of the show actually MOCKING HIS HEAD COACH about the "Y.P.T.W.T.G." quotes

Yup LOL larry for halloween mocked his head coach and now hes pissed at herm becuse he said there offense was to simple. Its becuse there running the damn ball evry play.

I was watching NFL Live yesterday and Herm came out and said that Trent Green will be the starter next year.

What a clown.

Its becuse damon huard is a FA and they dont want to waste money on him. Thats a stupid ass thing to do though seeing as he was 5-2 as the starter and didnt throw one pick.

Imagine if he went to Oakland & then went to the pro-bowl, lol.

id love it LOL we need a new qb and him or matt shaub will proably be a raider this offseason anyways. Then herm would look even worser:p the raiders have the talen just horrible coaching.

id love it LOL we need a new qb and him or matt shaub will proably be a raider this offseason anyways. Then herm would look even worser:p the raiders have the talen just horrible coaching.

I just don't know about Schaub right now-Jim Mora is about to be fired as soon as the season ends and the new regime is going to have to decide which direction they're going to want to go in-Vick,clearly isn't the right QB for the system they've been running and they may want TO go with a more I'll say conventional type drop back passer-which Matt Schaub has a chance to be an excellent one.

Also,rizzo-believe me when I tell you Atlanta is not too eager to let him go-we were trying to get him in the early spring and the Falcons wanted WAYYYYY too much for him

I just don't know about Schaub right now-Jim Mora is about to be fired as soon as the season ends and the new regime is going to have to decide which direction they're going to want to go in-Vick,clearly isn't the right QB for the system they've been running and they may want TO go with a more I'll say conventional type drop back passer-which Matt Schaub has a chance to be an excellent one.

Also,rizzo-believe me when I tell you Atlanta is not too eager to let him go-we were trying to get him in the early spring and the Falcons wanted WAYYYYY too much for him

It all boils down to money bro and vick has to much invested into him. Moss for schaub i think can happen and if not then huard is there.

It all boils down to money bro and vick has to much invested into him. Moss for schaub i think can happen and if not then huard is there.

that is an interesting scenario-Atlanta needs WR help BADLY and Moss needs a change of scenery-that's an excellent trade for both teams

Pity is the last thing I feel when I see and hear Herman Edwards. This is a man who received 4 million dollars from the KC Chiefs. This is a man who was able to con a pay raise and an extension out of Woody after the '03 season. Tack on the millions he has made in endorsements and working the motivational speaker circuit, and you have what very well might be the Guinness book of world records BS Artist in perpetuity.

I heard his name mentioned somewhere yesterday as a possible FA pick-up...it might HAVE been Oakland

SFJ, I was reading the Should Dungy be fired thread on JI. The reason Dungy was fired was because he insisted that Shaun King could play QB in the NFL. Gruden won the SB the following year 'cos he brought in a veteran QB, Brad Johnson.

Pity is the last thing I feel when I see and hear Herman Edwards. This is a man who received 4 million dollars from the KC Chiefs. This is a man who was able to con a pay raise and an extension out of Woody after the '03 season. Tack on the millions he has made in endorsements and working the motivational speaker circuit, and you have what very well might be the Guinness book of world records BS Artist in perpetuity.

Exactamondo. This guy is easily one of the biggest POSs in Jets History and between his BS game he played to get the extension and last season spent in bed with the Chiefs leadership, the sack of crap deserves evebrything he gets. He has had everyone fooled for years. Fans, the league, players, the press. One of these days he'll pay the price and people, i.e. the press, will realize he is the biggest incompetent boob since Bart Starr behind a set of headphones.

with the new CBA extension they do

Vick got a $37M signing bonus - I think at the time you could only spread it over 6 years, so that's $6M + his $6M salary = $12M

other cap values:

Kerney counts about $11M

Dunn ~$6M

Abraham is about $4.5M (but that goes up another 4M/yr by '08 and they have to plan.

Crumpler ~$5M

Brooking ~$8M

Coleman ~$6M

Gandy $4M

Hall $3M

Forney $3M

Webster $3M

---------

$66M

If they add Moss...that's a lot of scrubs filling up the other ~40 positions.

Archived