Where would this rank?

Chrisrud

I am here for good

Chris -- thanks for stopping by. I hope you are here for good. I will never forget, you signed up and started a thread asking an innocent question one time. Then like 20 pages of B.S. broke out. You came back a week later and you were like WTF? :P

This is a very good thread. Man it would be BAD. Really bad. So bad that I don't even want to think about it. I fear it would undo all the good that was done this year. They can make the playoffs and lose by 50, it wouldn't matter. Losing at home to the Raiders who have packed it in -- ugh.

What would the headline be?

Mangini Loses -- Herm Wins 3way TieBreaker

Chris -- thanks for stopping by. I hope you are here for good. I will never forget, you signed up and started a thread asking an innocent question one time. Then like 20 pages of B.S. broke out. You came back a week later and you were like WTF? :P

This is a very good thread. Man it would be BAD. Really bad. So bad that I don't even want to think about it. I fear it would undo all the good that was done this year. They can make the playoffs and lose by 50, it wouldn't matter. Losing at home to the Raiders who have packed it in -- ugh.

What would the headline be?

Mangini Loses -- Herm Wins 3way TieBreaker

I know that was nuts.

Thanks BTW

I felt like that team could have won a championship had they beat Pittsburgh.

This one, I don't have that feeling at all.

2 years ago?

That team would have gotten SMOKED the following week. Donnie had Ben's #. That was about it.

This one would evoke the tired old "same old Jets" mantra. We all expect the Jets to be on the playoffs now. If they lost on Sunday, the JN server would crash and burn. It would be the latest in a long line of cruel psychological punishment that long time Jets fans have had to endure. That's why there will still be some apprehension heading into this game, we always hope for the best and expect the worst.

This might sound crazy but....Win or lose Sunday,Playoffs or not....This team has far exceeded my expectations. I'm not going to be crushed. Im happy as a MOFO with the state of this team either way.

Its easier to say that coming off a win in Miami than it will be coming off a loss to the Raiders though...

I still believe that anything over .500 is gravy. Of course I want the Jets to go all the way every year, but the expectations were low in 2006.

The biggest heartbreaker was the opener in 1999, hands down. EVERYONE had us going to the Super Bowl.

The biggest heartbreaker was the opener in 1999, hands down. EVERYONE had us going to the Super Bowl.

Indeed Tabor, indeed.:Cuss:

Along with that you can add in the Doug Brien game, the end of the 00' season, 98' AFC Championship Game, Fake Spike Game and countless other horrific memories.

I think New England would have won the next week, but you can never say that with certainty. Anything can happen in a single game.

Are you kidding me troll?

New England took the Jets manhood away from that on week 16 that year..

I would know.. I was there..

No way..

We can never win a superbowl with Chad Pennington as QB.

Are you kidding me troll?

New England took the Jets manhood away from that on week 16 that year..

I would know.. I was there..

No way..

We can never win a superbowl with Chad Pennington as QB.

There is a reason they play the games. Anything could have happened in the AFC Championship game. Just like back at the NFC Championship game from 1998.

I agree with the bolded statement. But at that point, I had not yet given up on Pennington.

Archived