Interesting Deion Branch article.

Alk

Unless Branch was going to play defense, the Patriots still lose.

Keep drinking the Pats Kool Aid. I love this. You have billed yourself as being objective. Now you can't admit that the Pats might have made a mistake. No, not the almighty Mumbles and Kraft. They are NEVER wrong.

Wrong!!

Brady would have picked up on Branch not being covered a lot quicker than eyeballs who had the dropsies..that could have been a TD!:lol:

EXACTLY.

There is a bigger problem here. Brady is afraid of making eye contact with Caldwell. That death scare is frightening. Why else would they not pick up on him being not covered?

Just for the record. I am not saying Branch was the reason the dynasty ended. :P

I am saying it would have helped them to have him. If I were a Pats fan I would be mad that they let him walk. Brady was.

Trickle down effect anyone? What do you think Asante is going to say when they try to franchise him? He is going to want to get paid (i.e. bonus). I hope he holds out as well. Mumbles can replace him as well. Keep plugging holes.

Keep drinking the Pats Kool Aid. I love this. You have billed yourself as being objective. Now you can't admit that the Pats might have made a mistake. No, not the almighty Mumbles and Kraft. They are NEVER wrong.

Your contention is that having Branch would have made a difference yesterday. It would not have. He did not give up 38 points and 455 yards.

I know I said in here that Bill dropped the ball in the Branch fiasco. As I said before I will say again, Bill did drop the ball by not knowing that the Branch situation would break down as it did.

Your contention is that having Branch would have made a difference yesterday. It would not have. He did not give up 38 points and 455 yards.

I know I said in here that Bill dropped the ball in the Branch fiasco. As I said before I will say again, Bill did drop the ball by not knowing that the Branch situation would break down as it did.

Well let me clarify.

Alk said --

You read it here first: the Deion Branch debate is officially over

Here is my contention: the debate is not over. And won't be until the Pats get a # 1 or # 2 caliber receiver on their roster. Gaffney showed signs.

Jackson and Caldwell? Please.

You know how you can tell Troy Brown is old? He was drafted in a round that no longer exists.

Well let me clarify.

Alk said --

Here is my contention: the debate is not over. And won't be until the Pats get a # 1 or # 2 caliber receiver on their roster. Gaffney showed signs.

Jackson and Caldwell? Please.

You know how you can tell Troy Brown is old? He was drafted in a round that no longer exists.

Is this true? Man, that is old.

As to the Pats fans, you guys need to suck it up because a clutch #1 wr was on your squad and you let him walk for the sole purpose of saving money that should have been spent. Glad it finally came back to bite all of you in the ass.

Now f@ck off and go worry about the draft like the other 30 teams not playing in two weeks are doing.

As to the Pats fans, you guys need to suck it up because a clutch #1 wr was on your squad and you let him walk for the sole purpose of saving money that should have been spent. Glad it finally came back to bite all of you in the ass.

Now f@ck off and go worry about the draft like the other 30 teams not playing in two weeks are doing.

I think he was an 8th rounder. I could be wrong, I didn't look it up. I am sure R44_bot will chime in if I am wrong though.

:P

I think he was an 8th rounder. I could be wrong, I didn't look it up. I am sure R44_bot will chime in if I am wrong though.

:P

You are right. He was the 198th pick in the 1993 draft.

Let him walk?

The Patriots negotiated with him and made an offer. When it became obvious they did not anticipate his desire to leave, they let him make a deal.

The Patriots offered him the 6 million average he got from Seattle. Only, it was less years.

You are right. He was the 198th pick in the 1993 draft.

Let him walk?

The Patriots negotiated with him and made an offer. When it became obvious they did not anticipate his desire to leave, they let him make a deal.

The Patriots offered him the 6 million average he got from Seattle. Only, it was less years.

Maybe Brady should have offered to take a cut in pay so the Pats could have offered Branch a few more years. Good luck with that 1st round pick.

I guess he went to Seattle so he would have a chance to make the Super Bowl. :bag:

Yeah, that is it.

Maybe Brady should have offered to take a cut in pay so the Pats could have offered Branch a few more years. Good luck with that 1st round pick.

It is beter then nothing. That was where it was heading.

Again, hope that extra $3 to 6 million in cap room(depending on which Pats apologist is talking) were of great comfort last night, and from now though the next 2 weeks of Manning-arama. WHo needs AFC Championships when you can have $3 million in unused cap room?

Again, hope that extra $3 to 6 million in cap room(depending on which Pats apologist is talking) were of great comfort last night, and from now though the next 2 weeks of Manning-arama. WHo needs AFC Championships when you can have $3 million in unused cap room?

Would Deoin Branch have made a difference last night? No.

Actually the new turf cost somewhere in the 3-6 million range and Bob Kraft certainly was not going to pay for it OUT OF HIS POCKET. So now we know what the tight bastich's philosophical approach is to staying under the cap ;)

Next season they are going to deduct the cost of airfare, uniforms and hotel costs from the amount they are willing to pay players under the NFL salary cap.

Incidentally, it used to be that when the Chinese would execute a prisoner by firing squad, that the family was postumously billed for the cost of the bullet. I don't know if that was ever true, let alone if it is still true today, but it makes for a good story nonetheless.

The message to Patiots players is clear. Put you body on the line for the TEAM but don't expect the TEAM to have your back when it is time to get paid the going rate for your services. If you are unfortunate enough to get injured then REALLY REALLY don't expect the team to have your back. Keep that in mind the next time they want to rush you back from rehab before your new contract ;)

Would Deoin Branch have made a difference last night? No.

Of course. In a seventy three point game with no defense being played for long stretches please don't tell me that the presense or absence of a proven receiver who is better than anyone else you had on the field last night was not going to make a difference in a game with that much offense.

Who is kidding whom?

Archived