If Jmac stays where does that put Brad Smith?

ECURB

Would Brad Smith be able to push his way up to the #3 spot? We can only use him in :gadgets" for so long before they just dont work anymore with a bench player...

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/421137

They list him as 3 games started this year, I would assume that means the #3 WR so Jmac won 13 times out of 16...

If we can get smith in there on a regular basis we can get sneaky with the tricks again.

Would Brad Smith be able to push his way up to the #3 spot? We can only use him in :gadgets" for so long before they just dont work anymore with a bench player...

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/421137

They list him as 3 games started this year, I would assume that means the #3 WR so Jmac won 13 times out of 16...

If we can get smith in there on a regular basis we can get sneaky with the tricks again.

Coles and Cotchery started all 16

McCareins- 7

Dwight-2

Smith-3

First 4 games we only started 2 wr's

Coles and Cotchery started all 16

McCareins- 7

Dwight-2

Smith-3

First 4 games we only started 2 wr's

So its not like Mangini doesnt like Jmac, or smith would have taken over his spot... will he stay... I kind of want him to but for less $

This all depends on his maturation at the WR position.

Personally, I feel that he would be best suited as a deep threat, but he must increase his speed and route running ability in the offseason.

Maybe Cotch will take him under his wing and invite him to join in on his offesason training regiment.

It was clear that Jerricho was able to make major gains during the offseason, and we can only hope that B. Smith takes that same step.

Personally, I feel that he would be best suited as a deep threat, but he must increase his speed and route running ability in the offseason.

Maybe Cotch will take him under his wing and invite him to join in on his offesason training regiment.

It was clear that Jerricho was able to make major gains during the offseason, and we can only hope that B. Smith takes that same step.

Nice point, that would be really good.

I read in one of the local papers on Tue. that Chad and Coles are tacking family vacations together... not that they will get in better shape... but the closer your QB and #1 WR are the better....

Last offensive position by game

1-askew

2-askew

3-askew

4-askew

5-McCareins WR, B. Smith RB

6-Dwight

7-Dwight

8-McCareins

9-McCareins WR, B. Smith RB

10- S. Ryan-FB

11- S. Ryan-TE

12-B.Smith WR, McCareins WR

13-McCareins

14-Askew

15-McCareins TE

16-Askew

Playoff-McCareins

McCareins is signed thru 2010... 3-4 mil a year contract was for 7 years, 31 million which includes a 7 mil signing bonus.

Smith is signed thru 2010, and Dwight is signed thru 2009 I believe... both at much lower cost than JMac

Jerricho has speed, McCareins doesn't. Wr's need to be able to create separation and McCariens could never do it.

Jerricho has speed, McCareins doesn't. Wr's need to be able to create separation and McCariens could never do it.

McCareins was actually creating some seperation towards the end of the season, but it does not matter how much seperation you get whenever Chad's ducks allow the DB to catch up to you.

Archived