The Official: I'm not watching the Super Bowl thread

Alk

Yeah I realize I'm probably the only one here but oh well. This matchup holds no intrigue for me at all. I have hated Manning, Dungy and Polian since day one and Grossman is quite possibly the worst and ****iest starting qb in the NFL (a combination that I never thought was possible). I'm starting plans for my "anti-Super Bowl party" right now. Sure I'll be the only one attending but that's just fine with me.

I don't hate the Colts. I don't hate the Bears.. Not sure who I'll root for yet, but I'll watch. Could be a great game. Could be a blowout on either side. Interesting indeed considering everybody said the AFC was far superior. We shall see.

That is because you are not a real football fan...just a pathetic bandwagon jumper like the rest of the so called Pats "fans" . Of course you aren't wathcing the SB.

That's bull**** and you know it. You have known me for a quite some time. Do I honestly strike you as a bandwagon jumper? This will go down as the first super bowl in my memory that I haven't watched. My dislike for those mentioned people won't allow me to watch the game.

Oh stop it Alk! I'll watch and cheer on the Bears defense......the only chance in hell that the bears will win is via fumbles forced and INT's made by the bears.

Stop what? I'm not watching. I would have watched if the damn Jets were in the Super Bowl but not now. Hell, if the Saints had at least made it I would have watched it but no way now.

Yeah I realize I'm probably the only one here but oh well. This matchup holds no intrigue for me at all. I have hated Manning, Dungy and Polian since day one and Grossman is quite possibly the worst and ****iest starting qb in the NFL (a combination that I never thought was possible). I'm starting plans for my "anti-Super Bowl party" right now. Sure I'll be the only one attending but that's just fine with me.

WAH WAH WAH

I hope the BEARS crush the Colts... just so the Pats fans cant claim "well we lost to the SB champs, could be worse"

You got that all wrong. Nothing could be worse than losing to the Colts in the AFC Championship. Nothing.

You got that all wrong. Nothing could be worse than losing to the Colts in the AFC Championship. Nothing.

Losing to Horse Face sucks, I agree. I find a glimmer of "gladness" it did not come down to a Vinatieri kick, however. Yah, I'm sick. LOL!

Losing to Horse Face sucks, I agree. I find a glimmer of "gladness" it did not come down to a Vinatieri kick, however. Yah, I'm sick. LOL!

These were the three worst scenarios running through my head.

1. Vinatieri hits a game winner.

2. Gostkowski misses a game winner.

3. Manning's thumb injury was much worse and their backup QB comes into the game and beats us.

Pats lost fair and square...and quite frankly, I need to stop whining about injuries. It's a fact of life in the NFL.

Still.....two weeks of Peyton ball-washing and two weeks of two black HC's facing eachother.....will make me gag. I think the fact that two black men are HC of two SB teams is a non-issue......which is what we truly want to achieve .....it NOT being an issue.

I don't really hate the bears. Grossman is unbearable but other than that, they're just not a very interesting team. The Saints would have made this game watchable.

I agree with you. I wanted to see the Saints win because they actually have an interesting offense.

I hope it turns out to be the greatest super bowl ever and you miss it. Then by some random series of freak occurrences are unable to ever watch it.

You moron, how can it be the greatest Super Bowl ever if the Patriots aren't in it? :)

That's bull**** and you know it. You have known me for a quite some time. Do I honestly strike you as a bandwagon jumper? This will go down as the first super bowl in my memory that I haven't watched. My dislike for those mentioned people won't allow me to watch the game.

LOl...I was just messing with you. The rest of Pats fans suck.

LOl...I was just messing with you. The rest of Pats fans suck.

You can't mess with me right now Smizzy, I am very unstable. :) I was so on edge, I didn't even touch a beer that entire game. We were up 21-3 and I hear my wife tell her mom over the phone that the Patriots were going to be in the Super Bowl. My stomach sunk and when she hung up the phone I told her I was feeling very uneasy about the game.

That wasnt as exciting as the Rams/Titans superbowl when the Stretch came up 2 yards short of a win.

dyson-xxxiv.jpg

I remember taking a **** during the fourth quarter of that game and saying "Man, I hope this game gets better while I'm in here". It did, but not as good as NE/CAR.

Archived