Sad news for Nebraska Football

SouthernJet

NU I-back Marlon Lucky Hospitalized - No Details Released

February 13, 2007

What happened to Nebraska I-back Marlon Lucky?

Lucky was in the intensive care unit of a Lincoln hospital Tuesday, reported to be in stable condition.

Authorities said an ambulance took him to the hospital from his apartment Sunday night.

No information about the case was released by Lucky

He's a good back and I remember the Texas game when they kept talking about the strong relationship between him and his brother. Hope he gets okay ASAP and please people, **** like this happens, does not mean he's a bad person as high school & college kids make mistakes and plenty of them.

wasn't supposed to be funny, in fact i hate comedy.

just pointing out what a stupid question you asked.

Pointing out the irony. Let me guess, they never taught you about irony. Or was it that the day you learned well and good are interchangeable?

Pointing out the irony. Let me guess, they never taught you about irony. Or was it that the day you learned well and good are interchangeable?

in certain contexts good and well are interchangeable. but like most of the english language, it has been bastardized over time and many of the rules have been totally ****ed up. more than 1/3 of the words in any given conversation are not even spoken correctly, but im sure you knew that already, with your great education (do you know how to say it, because I have yet to hear one person say that word correctly, not even a single english teacher, and i was an english minor for a short time)

either way, i got your humor in the first place, but i still enjoyed pointing it out as a stupid question, as it was.

in certain contexts good and well are interchangeable. but like most of the english language, it has been bastardized over time and many of the rules have been totally ****ed up. more than 1/3 of the words in any given conversation are not even spoken correctly, but im sure you knew that already, with your great education (do you know how to say it, because I have yet to hear one person say that word correctly, not even a single english teacher, and i was an english minor for a short time)

either way, i got your humor in the first place, but i still enjoyed pointing it out as a stupid question, as it was.

Whatever you say, Steve....

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=26714126

wow, a myspace profile. how hard is that to find? not very...

but i do appreciate you taking precious time out of your day just to find me on myspace!

It seems pretty normal compared to a lot of other Myspace pages.

Fredonia Rocks!

I partied there before you were born LOL.

It seems pretty normal compared to a lot of other Myspace pages.

Fredonia Rocks!

I partied there before you were born LOL.

well, i am pretty normal?

fredonia is ok, the entire area is very beautiful, but ****ty in terms of jobs and opportunities. honestly though, out of all the towns in this county, i would pick fredonia as my least favorite :)

before i was born, really? how old are you?! :)

Old enough to have partied at SUNY Fredonia before you were born. ;-)

I had a few friends who went to school there in the 70s, and it was a blast.

:character0183:

hey, i was alive in the 70s :)

:) yeah, like i said, its ok, but i really don't like the atmosphere there anymore, kinda sucks. not just the college, but the entire town. honestly i would rather hang out in dunkirk and thats ghetto central.

:) yeah, like i said, its ok, but i really don't like the atmosphere there anymore, kinda sucks. not just the college, but the entire town. honestly i would rather hang out in dunkirk and thats ghetto central.

Ha! I remember Dunkirk. Just down the other end of Central Ave. There was a greasy spoon there we ate in after the bars closed. I'm sure the area has changed, but I remember getting off the NYS Thruway and at that exit, you basically drove thru a shopping center to get to the toll booth. My friend dropped off his film at the Kodak drivethru as he was paying the toll. Funny.

They had all the music majors at SUNY fred- do they still call them Zippys?

LMAO; smart-assness is my kind of comedy, but speaking of irony, how does one become an Environmental Scientist with a Poly Sci degree?

actually, the two have quite a bit in common. i get asked the question constantly. i went to college for political science, with a concentration in public law and policy. half of the classes in that major have something to do with the environment. almost everything i do as an environmental scientist has something to do with public law and policy.

actually, the two have quite a bit in common. i get asked the question constantly. i went to college for political science, with a concentration in public law and policy. half of the classes in that major have something to do with the environment. almost everything i do as an environmental scientist has something to do with public law and policy.

What, exactly, do you do as an Environmental Scientist?

Ha! I remember Dunkirk. Just down the other end of Central Ave. There was a greasy spoon there we ate in after the bars closed. I'm sure the area has changed, but I remember getting off the NYS Thruway and at that exit, you basically drove thru a shopping center to get to the toll booth. My friend dropped off his film at the Kodak drivethru as he was paying the toll. Funny.

They had all the music majors at SUNY fred- do they still call them Zippys?

actually, i think you have it a little confused. you get off the thruway and come to a redlight, which in the 70s would have been mostly farmland, etc. nowadays it is a huge commercial district (walmart, home depot, gas stations and every fast food restauraunt you could think of)but anyways, if you kept going straight (along the thruway to your right) you would get to the shopping area you are talking about. it is still there, although many of the stores have changed and the photo booth you are talking about has been gone for about 10 years, although for some reason i can remember that vividly. you would then get to central avenue which if you turn left you go to fredonia and the college, to the right you go to dunkirk and lake erie. why do i know this? well, i love local history :)

now, don't get me wrong, fredonia is a pretty nice town, i just don't like the atmosphere. the people who live there are very uppity (sp?) and it has pretty much gone nuts with college housing and the related. it just doesn't seem like a village anymore, and with the commercial sprawl it just isn't that nice to look at anymore. its still a nice place to visit, but it isn't what it used to be. on the other hand, dunkirk is probably alot worse than you remember. it is now welfare city and most of the area has been devastated, not unlike buffalo or anywhere in western new york. the schools are terrible, you can't go a block without someone buggin you in spanish :) but still, the people are nice and i would much rather hang out with them than anyone from fredonia. anyways, im sure you really don't care :):):) but i love talking local history so i thought i better get it out while i can :)

lectures others on global warming while his own carbon footprint for running his computer all day to feed his messageboard posting/myspace use is huge.

actually, living in a house under 500 square feet does twice as much more for minimizing your ecological footprint than not driving a car ever and giving up 50% of your electrical use.

either way, i pretty much only use the internet from work, where the computers have to be on all day :)

actually, i think you have it a little confused. you get off the thruway and come to a redlight, which in the 70s would have been mostly farmland, etc. nowadays it is a huge commercial district (walmart, home depot, gas stations and every fast food restauraunt you could think of)but anyways, if you kept going straight (along the thruway to your right) you would get to the shopping area you are talking about. it is still there, although many of the stores have changed and the photo booth you are talking about has been gone for about 10 years, although for some reason i can remember that vividly. you would then get to central avenue which if you turn left you go to fredonia and the college, to the right you go to dunkirk and lake erie. why do i know this? well, i love local history :)

now, don't get me wrong, fredonia is a pretty nice town, i just don't like the atmosphere. the people who live there are very uppity (sp?) and it has pretty much gone nuts with college housing and the related. it just doesn't seem like a village anymore, and with the commercial sprawl it just isn't that nice to look at anymore. its still a nice place to visit, but it isn't what it used to be. on the other hand, dunkirk is probably alot worse than you remember. it is now welfare city and most of the area has been devastated, not unlike buffalo or anywhere in western new york. the schools are terrible, you can't go a block without someone buggin you in spanish :) but still, the people are nice and i would much rather hang out with them than anyone from fredonia. anyways, im sure you really don't care :):):) but i love talking local history so i thought i better get it out while i can :)

As far as your first paragraph, that is pretty much the way I remembered it.

Your second paragraph is a sad commentary on the area. I guess it has changed a lot. It was a quiet, rural college town when I was there, with a lot of bars downtown, and the people were very mellow and happy to be living in a quiet, low-key area.

I remember The White Inn was a nice place to stay, and at the time, the town was still a sleepy college town, usually covered in snow. I guess everything changes, and not always for the better.

As far as your first paragraph, that is pretty much the way I remembered it.

Your second paragraph is a sad commentary on the area. I guess it has changed a lot. It was a quiet, rural college town when I was there, with a lot of bars downtown, and the people were very mellow and happy to be living in a quiet, low-key area.

I remember The White Inn was a nice place to stay, and at the time, the town was still a sleepy college town, usually covered in snow. I guess everything changes, and not always for the better.

yeah. the area has had a ton of economical problems, along with almost anyone who goes to college does not return to the area. i think out of my graduating class of 60, only 5 still live there, including me. i have always liked the area, but its starting to get to the point that there are NO jobs. at least none that pay more than $10 per hour, which is why i have to drive to buffalo for this one.

actually, living in a house under 500 square feet does twice as much more for minimizing your ecological footprint than not driving a car ever and giving up 50% of your electrical use.

either way, i pretty much only use the internet from work, where the computers have to be on all day :)

What do you do at this place called "work"?

What, exactly, do you do as an Environmental Scientist?

well, honestly, most environmental scientists/analysts do not care for the environment much at all. pretty much shills for development.

what we actually do though, is study the environment and its interactions with humans, human development, etc. we also do alot of permitting, inspecting, etc.

so like right now...im working on an industrial wind power development...

i have to go through everything that it will impact, find out how much it will impact, figure out which areas will be impacted the most, and which areas are best for that type of development. (these can be animal, archeological natural resource, visual, sound impacts, etc) we then try to figure out how to mitigate these impacts.

for the most part though, environmetnal consultant agencies just want to figure out how to get around the policies in place.

What do you do at this place called "work"?

sorry, i was actually getting some work done :)

what do i do? i do field testing, i analyze aerial photography and different environmental impacts. i write impact statements, etc. one thing nice about this job, is there is a lot of diversity. one week i might be doing an archeological dig, the next week i might be making maps for different projects, the next week i might be writing an environmental impact statement.

well, honestly, most environmental scientists/analysts do not care for the environment much at all. pretty much shills for development.

for the most part though, environmetnal consultant agencies just want to figure out how to get around the policies in place.

ARE YOU F'N SERIOUS?

I happen to be an Environmental Consultant, with a degree in Wildlife Biology. I am afraid my boss would **** her pants if one of us described our job as you just have. In my opinion, an Environmental Consultant's Job is to bring all aspects of a project together and produce the best possible outcome for every entity involved. I asked how a Political Scientist makes the transformation to Environmental Scientist and you just answered my question as I thought you would. You do not do anything remotely based on science, but your fortay is learning how to sweep the crumbs under the rug, all while lecturing others on environmental correctness. You sir, are what is wrong with this business: politicians telling others what is and is not good for the environment. I am not knocking you, totaly; your boss hired you to do exactly what you are doing. But for you, with your educational background, to determine what is best for wildlife, natural resources, cultural resources, etc. is a travesty. There is a concept of using recognized industry experts to perform specific duties when development takes place. You are not, by any standards, an Environmental Scientist.

ARE YOU F'N SERIOUS?

I happen to be an Environmental Consultant, with a degree in Wildlife Biology. I am afraid my boss would **** her pants if one of us described our job as you just have. In my opinion, an Environmental Consultant's Job is to bring all aspects of a project together and produce the best possible outcome for every entity involved. I asked how a Political Scientist makes the transformation to Environmental Scientist and you just answered my question as I thought you would. You do not do anything remotely based on science, but your fortay is learning how to sweep the crumbs under the rug, all while lecturing others on environmental correctness. You sir, are what is wrong with this business: politicians telling others what is and is not good for the environment. I am not knocking you, totaly; your boss hired you to do exactly what you are doing. But for you, with your educational background, to determine what is best for wildlife, natural resources, cultural resources, etc. is a travesty. There is a concept of using recognized industry experts to perform specific duties when development takes place. You are not, by any standards, an Environmental Scientist.

Hey, wait a second, I never said I liked my job :) but...

Actually, almost everything i do is based on science. It just isn't my focus alot of the time. It is supposed to be, but since I am the newest person here, I do alot of the **** work. Its not like I have no science background what so ever. It just was not my major. In school I took a variety of classes that ranged from geography, geology, biology, environmental planning, urban planning, and of course my concentration Public Policy. I have a VERY varied educational and working background. Just because my final major in college was Political Science means very little. I have worked as a land surveyor, as a real estate developer, environmental, wetlands and archeological field crew...among many many other things. So please, don't just say, you are a polisci major, you can't be doing this work.

Now, you may be an environmental consultant who tries to get the best outcome for everyone involved, I WOULD LOVE TO WORK FOR YOU. but the fact is, that I have worked here for a while now, and I have done work with many other organizations and consulting agencies, like my own; AND THEY ARE ALL SHILLS FOR DEVELOPMENT.

on the other hand, i know exactly what you are talking about, sweeping crumbs under the rug, and trust me, that is what they do at all of these agencies that i have worked with, but trust me, i don't take it. In fact, I am considering going straight to the newspapers with some of the information that I have found. Trust me, I don't like the situation just like you don't, and I am in the process of looking for new work. I actually just had an interview yesterday in Long Island and there outlook was much like yours, which is what I am looking for.

Don't blame me, blame this company and this field, which whether you like it or not, is turning into a bunch of shills.

So, all in all, I am an environmental scientist, although the majority of my work is analyzing...and for now, i can't do much besides do my work and hate it.

in all honesty, i think almost all development is bad for the environment and I don't think it should be comprimized at all. but thats just me. OH AND I HATE ALL POLITICIANS.

Dunkirk? them guys have a county fair!

umm...yep. actually its right on the border of Fredonia and Dunkirk and its one ****ty fair :)

probably. them guys have a county fair race track and they race at Dunkirk, but ive never been there before!! i think Fredonia has a county fair track, but not sure. good times

Archived