Chad hands off to (fill in the blank) AG's blog from yesterday

SoFlaJets

Tell me how the Jets did the year before last without Chad...

My point exactly...

until I see a Jets quarterback playing better than Chad Pennington I will want Chad behind center-we ALL hope Kellen Clemens turns out to be a great pick-I just haven't seen it...yet anyway and I guess Eric Mangini hasn't either

L.Coles and J.Cotchery both had great seasons this year... And Chad was the QB.. Remember he was learning a new system,

Not only that alot of **** playcalling too. Don't get me wrong I like Brian Schottenheimer alot but there were alot of games where he was utterly lost like the Bills and Browns game. Chad will be better this year write it down.

I still really want to try to get Thomas Jones...other than a good runner supposedly a very good locker room presence

I'd have no objection to Jones at all. Doesn't have too much wear & tear on his legs due to sucking so badly for years.

I like Turner, too. But I don't like having to give up a first-rounder that much - a first & a 3rd is out of the question, particularly with no 4th-rounder. Highest I'd be "yeah, absolutely - definitely Turner" is our late 2nd. Our early 2nd, which I like less of course, isn't ridiculous since it was essentially a free pick if we were in fact going to take Clemens at #35 last year anyway. Higher than that, I'll just have to trust Brian S - but he'd better be right. When you draft someone late in round 1 and they're a bust - hey, it happens to every team. When you trade a first-rounder (even a late one) for a player & he's nothing special, then it's a total blunder.

I'd have no objection to Jones at all. Doesn't have too much wear & tear on his legs due to sucking so badly for years.

I like Turner, too. But I don't like having to give up a first-rounder that much - a first & a 3rd is out of the question, particularly with no 4th-rounder. Highest I'd be "yeah, absolutely - definitely Turner" is our late 2nd. Our early 2nd, which I like less of course, isn't ridiculous since it was essentially a free pick if we were in fact going to take Clemens at #35 last year anyway. Higher than that, I'll just have to trust Brian S - but he'd better be right. When you draft someone late in round 1 and they're a bust - hey, it happens to every team. When you trade a first-rounder (even a late one) for a player & he's nothing special, then it's a total blunder.

I like the Turner for the high #2 pick. He's the youngest of the three, and the only reason he isn't starting is because who he backs up.

Chad hands off to... anyone that isn't named Cedric Houston, Kevan Barlow or Leon Washington on a regular basis. Leon is a scat-back / 10 carry a game guy. We need a workhorse back there.

Thomas Jones

Juilus Jones

Michael Turner

Dominic Rhodes

Ahman Green

Clinton Portis

Draft Pick

All possible solutions to our RB need.

Chad hands off to... anyone that isn't named Cedric Houston, Kevan Barlow or Leon Washington on a regular basis. Leon is a scat-back / 10 carry a game guy. We need a workhorse back there.

Thomas Jones

Juilus Jones

Michael Turner

Dominic Rhodes

Ahman Green

Clinton Portis

Draft Pick

Rhodes, J. Jones, and green are not solutions, they either suck, or on the downslope of their career. I'm sure if you had it your way you would sign all of them.

Rhodes, J. Jones, and green are not solutions, they either suck, or on the downslope of their career. I'm sure if you had it your way you would sign all of them.

Right.

Dominic Rhodes is perfect for a 1-2 RB duo as he has proven and had a pretty good 2001 season when he was the full-time starter.

Julius Jones is a good back that Dallas likes but they like Barber III a lot more because he's also a very good receiver out of the backfield, something that isn't one of Jones' best attributes.

Ahman Green yes is 29 years old but still can get it done and would be a good plug in the gap back for the next few seasons.

mdrago, you continue to try to challenge me and continue to come away looking stupid. Have a nice day now little one.

Right.

Dominic Rhodes is perfect for a 1-2 RB duo as he has proven and had a pretty good 2001 season when he was the full-time starter.

Julius Jones is a good back that Dallas likes but they like Barber III a lot more because he's also a very good receiver out of the backfield, something that isn't one of Jones' best attributes.

Ahman Green yes is 29 years old but still can get it done and would be a good plug in the gap back for the next few seasons.

mdrago, you continue to try to challenge me and continue to come away looking stupid. Have a nice day now little one.

:funny_post:

How do i look stupid when you just said dominic rhodes is a good back? are you kidding? You think that just because an RB has good yards makes him a great back? Look at the Indy offense, why do you think they let James go? could it be that it doesn't matter if there back is great, good or average? the team revolves around manning and that O-line. But you keep wishing Rhodes is good.

pull up this thread next year after rhodes lands with another team and is either a horrible 1st back, a bench warmer, or cut.

have a nice day noodle arm #2

Thomas Jones

Juilus Jones

Michael Turner

Dominic Rhodes

Ahman Green

Clinton Portis

Draft Pick

How do you know that Leon is a "scat back/10 carry a game guy?" Have you watched extensive film of him, or are you just making a generalization because of his height? If the latter is the case, which I suspect it is, does the name Brian Westbrook ring a bell? He's one of the Top 10 backs in the NFL and Top 5 in his conference, and he is exactly the same height and weight as Leon. I'm really sick and tired of people saying Leon can't make it just because he's not tall enough. There have been plenty of backs like him before him who have succeeded.

I'm not saying we don't need another back to maybe compliment Leon in goal line/short yardage situations, but the only backs I would take off your list over Leon, strictly on talent and potential, are Turner, T. Jones, and Portis. Factor in what it would cost for Turner and Portis, and the only reasonable choice on that list is Thomas Jones. Do you only watch Super Bowls, or do you really think that Rhodes is an every down back? And unless Lynch is there at #25, I don't think there's anyone who will be a slam dunk over Leon.

How do you know that Leon is a "scat back/10 carry a game guy?" Have you watched extensive film of him, or are you just making a generalization because of his height? If the latter is the case, which I suspect it is, does the name Brian Westbrook ring a bell? He's one of the Top 10 backs in the NFL and Top 5 in his conference, and he is exactly the same height and weight as Leon. I'm really sick and tired of people saying Leon can't make it just because he's not tall enough. There have been plenty of backs like him before him who have succeeded.

I'm not saying we don't need another back to maybe compliment Leon in goal line/short yardage situations, but the only backs I would take off your list over Leon, strictly on talent and potential, are Turner, T. Jones, and Portis. Factor in what it would cost for Turner and Portis, and the only reasonable choice on that list is Thomas Jones. Do you only watch Super Bowls, or do you really think that Rhodes is an every down back? And unless Lynch is there at #25, I don't think there's anyone who will be a slam dunk over Leon.

Wait a minute...are you implying that Noodle arm #2 isn't a genius? and that you do not agree with his post? Say it isn't so.

:bwahaharoll:

I love people that want rhodes, they clearly haven't seen him play, or heard that "he doesn't like starting"....what kind of comment is that for an NFL player???

Noodle Arm #2? Creative nickname rookie.

Go enjoy Wisconsin man, you should be a Packers fan as you seem to know nothing about the Jets.

Dominic Rhodes? Another player you cleary know nothing about and you should be watching Indianapolis Colts games. The guy is a very good back to have to give the ball to 15 times a game, or around there and have Leon take it another 10 times and bam you have yourself a reliable 1-2 punch in the backfield.

Go enjoy Wisconsin man, you should be a Packers fan as you seem to know nothing about the Jets.

Dominic Rhodes? Another player you cleary know nothing about and you should be watching Indianapolis Colts games. The guy is a very good back to have to give the ball to 15 times a game, or around there and have Leon take it another 10 times and bam you have yourself a reliable 1-2 punch in the backfield.

I know nothing about the jets because....?

nice statment though, i guess.

Any RB in the NFL would look good in that indy offense. the draw plays they run gain about 5 yards or more every time. i have never seen another team run such effective draws (since the 99 rams anyway), and its not because of the back. Could it be because they are trying to contain peyton?

I do think we need a good 1-2 punch, but make sure the one delivering the punch doesn't suck.

Dominic Rhodes is the exact same type of back that Leon Washington is. If you want to confuse the defense and put in a change of pace back, getting Rhodes is not going to do it.

I live in Indy so I have a lot of exposure to Rhodes.

He sucks, plain and simple. He has had, I think, 5 or 6 100 yard games in his career. All but this past Super Bowl were from his rookie season. I know a lot of this has to do with backing up James but still, one good game and people think he is some sort of great back.

Archived