Jets signed CB Ray Ventrone.

JohnnyCans

From Boston Globe:

February 21, 2007

Ventrone to Jets

Former Patriots safety Raymond Ventrone, who was waived by the team last week, has signed a free-agent contract with the New York Jets.

Ventrone had initially joined the Patriots as an undrafted free agent on April 28, 2005. The former Villanova standout spent most of that season -- in which current Jets coach Eric Mangini was the Patriots' defensive coordinator -- on the practice squad.

Last spring, the 5-11, 200-pound Ventrone started 10 games for the Cologne Centurions of NFL Europe but required shoulder surgery upon his return, thus costing him a chance to make the Patriots' roster.

He's a white dude form Villanova

Mangina must have a hard-on for this guy since when he coached him on the Pats. Probably just a practice squad filler.

From Boston Globe:

February 21, 2007

Ventrone to Jets

Former Patriots safety Raymond Ventrone, who was waived by the team last week, has signed a free-agent contract with the New York Jets.

Ventrone had initially joined the Patriots as an undrafted free agent on April 28, 2005. The former Villanova standout spent most of that season -- in which current Jets coach Eric Mangini was the Patriots' defensive coordinator -- on the practice squad.

Last spring, the 5-11, 200-pound Ventrone started 10 games for the Cologne Centurions of NFL Europe but required shoulder surgery upon his return, thus costing him a chance to make the Patriots' roster.

He's a white dude form Villanova

Mangina must have a hard-on for this guy since when he coached him on the Pats. Probably just a practice squad filler.

Let's hope that's all he will be ,After a surgery no less ,we already have one of those.WE NEED TO BUILD THREW THE DRAFT

We have a couple of 'nova guys. Maybe they know about him. Uart is one, isn't he?

Hi! Yes, I am a Nova guy. Thanks for reminding me. Ventrone graduated a few years before me, so I am probably not the BEST guy to ask... BUT he was definitely one of our defensive standouts. Ventrone, Darrell Adams and our MLB Hulea were all pretty impressive in I-AA.

Impressive in I-AA doesn't mean much, but the Jets have imported a couple of players from that subdivision, so you never know.

http://villanova.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ventrone_raymond00.html

"All-American Candidate; Named pre-season first team All-Atlantic 10; One of the top safeties in all of I-AA football; Fierce hitter who plays with great intensity; Possesses outstanding speed and strength."

If his name isnt Massimino, he probably didnt do squat there, either.

Speaking of which: Rollie Massimino's namesake grandson is interested in coming to Villanova's football program.

I remember following him for draftdaddy. Word is, he was one of 2 candidates to be "Mr.Irrelavant" (last pick) in the 2005 N.F.L. Draft, but the Patriots -- who like to collect tight ends -- went with a D-3 TE that couldn't even make it to preseason. Ventrone was signed anyway, and I thought he played well in preseason games as a rookie.

Ventrone was actually fairly highly regarded out Villanova (highly regarded in Villanova terms) due to his speed and hard hitting style, but went undrafted largely because he missed a significant portion of his senior season (in 2004) due to an injury. Size is also a negative factor for him. He's not big, but, again, he is fairly fast.

Could he make the Jets?

I wouldn't bet anything of value on that, but he's a good football player, worthy of this long shot contract.....and, as I've always said, the last few roster spots on each team can be determined by special teams, so he has a "punchers chance" :box:

Ray comes from a fast family...Here is his sister -- nice looking girl, BTY

http://www.ubathletics.buffalo.edu/track/roster/ventrone.shtml

I remember following him for draftdaddy. Word is, he was one of 2 candidates to be "Mr.Irrelavant" (last pick) in the 2005 N.F.L. Draft, but the Patriots -- who like to collect tight ends -- went with a D-3 TE that couldn't even make it to preseason. Ventrone was signed anyway, and I thought he played well in preseason games as a rookie.

Ventrone was actually fairly highly regarded out Villanova (highly regarded in Villanova terms) due to his speed and hard hitting style, but went undrafted largely because he missed a significant portion of his senior season (in 2004) due to an injury. Size is also a negative factor for him. He's not big, but, again, he is fairly fast.

Could he make the Jets?

I wouldn't bet anything of value on that, but he's a good football player, worthy of this long shot contract.....and, as I've always said, the last few roster spots on each team can be determined by special teams, so he has a "punchers chance" :box:

Ray comes from a fast family...Here is his sister -- nice looking girl, BTY

http://www.ubathletics.buffalo.edu/track/roster/ventrone.shtml

Any idea how fast "fairly fast" is? I wonder about the 40 time on a guy like this, but presumably he didn't get to the combine. Hard hitter with speed does sound like a special teamer.

Any idea how fast "fairly fast" is? I wonder about the 40 time on a guy like this, but presumably he didn't get to the combine. Hard hitter with speed does sound like a special teamer.

Dominator, I'm not sure if he can make the team (it's tough as a street fee agent), but he's not a joke, as some would assume...He's a former high school track star.

I just looked it up, he suffered a broken leg in 2004 and missed almost his entire senior season. Take the leg injury away, he "might have" been a 5th or 6th round pick.

This is from profootballweekly.com, prior to the 2005 Draft: Ventrone, Ray, Villanova,5094, 198, 4.49 (speed)

About his sister, at a different Jet site, the men drool all over a Dana V. look-a-like :baby:

Dominator, I'm not sure if he can make the team (it's tough as a street fee agent), but he's not a joke, as some would assume...He's a former high school track star.

I just looked it up, he suffered a broken leg in 2004 and missed almost his entire senior season. Take the leg injury away, he "might have" been a 5th or 6th round pick.

This is from profootballweekly.com, prior to the 2005 Draft: Ventrone, Ray, Villanova,5094, 198, 4.49 (speed)

About his sister, at a different Jet site, the men drool all over a Dana V. look-a-like :baby:

The odds are real low that he will stick on the Jets- you are real lucky if one or two of these guys pan out.

Does anyone have any bio's on this cat???:bag:

I remember training camp the year before last - Mrs. B of Patriotworld.com telling me she found her new "cutie" to root for. I can't tell you if he is cute or not since it's awfully hard to tell with a helmet on, but that's what she said.....plus, I was too busy watching Troy Brown being a training camp drill warrior....on defense! :)

Speaking of training camp. Honestly, it's kind of boring....predictable....boring.....unless your a MILF Hunter like Jetcane, I guess.

Archived