Matt Jones has Abrahams Disease?

SouthernJet

"Barely a week after Arkansas receiver Matt "Moonshine" Jones was taken by the Jags with the 21st overall pick in the draft, there are concerns emanating out of Jacksonville that the athletically freakish Jones could end up being a major tease.

Some folks in and around the Jags program believe that Jones will be "a Shockey-like" player who "wants all the publicity but will be a tease on the field."

Jones' decision to sit out most of the team's initial minicamp practices due to a pulled hamstring prompted some to conclude that he's "already acting like a pussy."

Jones wowed scouts at the Combine with his size and speed, but he has been dogged by questions regarding his commitment to the game. And even if he's capable of running a 4.37 without putting in hours of training time, there's a certain overall ethic necessary to be successful in the NFL -- and that ethic requires among other things guys to push through the discomfort of a tweaked hamstring."

"Barely a week after Arkansas receiver Matt "Moonshine" Jones was taken by the Jags with the 21st overall pick in the draft, there are concerns emanating out of Jacksonville that the athletically freakish Jones could end up being a major tease.

Some folks in and around the Jags program believe that Jones will be "a Shockey-like" player who "wants all the publicity but will be a tease on the field."

Jones' decision to sit out most of the team's initial minicamp practices due to a pulled hamstring prompted some to conclude that he's "already acting like a pu$$y."

Jones wowed scouts at the Combine with his size and speed, but he has been dogged by questions regarding his commitment to the game. And even if he's capable of running a 4.37 without putting in hours of training time, there's a certain overall ethic necessary to be successful in the NFL -- and that ethic requires among other things guys to push through the discomfort of a tweaked hamstring."

Did Hammer write that article? :wink:

Jones' decision to sit out most of the team's initial minicamp practices due to a pulled hamstring prompted some to conclude that he's "already acting like a pu$$y."

SJ- you failed to mention entire story on how good he looked before the minor hammy tweak. Christ these kids are not in game shape. the jags have a player and he will win ROY.

Jones wowed scouts at the Combine with his size and speed, but he has been dogged by questions regarding his commitment to the game. And even if he's capable of running a 4.37 without putting in hours of training time, there's a certain overall ethic necessary to be successful in the NFL --

these are two very interesting sentences. first it's making the claim it took intense training to run a 4.37. but in the next breath, questions his work habits. PS if athletes could "train" themselves into having world class speed, then everybody would run sub 4.4 40's... [-X

these are two very interesting sentences. first it's making the claim it took intense training to run a 4.37. but in the next breath, questions his work habits. PS if athletes could "train" themselves into having world class speed, then everybody would run sub 4.4 40's... [-X

roids

Impressive insight. =D>

I thought it was... and Tom's right on the money... which is a first.

You can train yourself to be a workout warrior. That's why the term was coined. To get up for workouts is one thing, to go out and play the game is totally different. If it's not in his head, or his heart, he'll bust... that simple.

I thought it was... and Tom's right on the money... which is a first.

You can train yourself to be a workout warrior. That's why the term was coined. To get up for workouts is one thing, to go out and play the game is totally different. If it's not in his head, or his heart, he'll bust... that simple.

sure you can. just ask maurice clarrett... #-o

Yeah, cept it's obvious that Clarett didn't train hard, and his heart and head weren't into the workout. Try again.

i guess you where reading different stuff than i was. if anything it was reported he trained to hard & bulked up. perhaps it's you who should try again.

i guess you where reading different stuff than i was. if anything it was reported he trained to hard & bulked up. perhaps it's you who should try again.

Yeah, not quite. Bulking up isn't training hard for a 40 yard dash. That's training to get bigger. Sorry champ, that's not the same thing. You do know that you can train differently for different things, right? I mean, you're not that dumb, right? I mean, you're all mighty and know-it-all, so I mean you must know. Who am I to question Matt Jones? Oh sorry, Oh great one! :roll:

Yeah, not quite. Bulking up isn't training hard for a 40 yard dash. That's training to get bigger. Sorry champ, that's not the same thing. You do know that you can train differently for different things, right? I mean, you're not that dumb, right? I mean, you're all mighty and know-it-all, so I mean you must know. Who am I to question Matt Jones? Oh sorry, Oh great one! :roll:

sounds like you've got a personal problem guy. work it out or don't. i could'nt give two spits. but the bottom line is it was widely reported clarrett trained hard for the combines. not my fault you were'nt in the loop, oh uninformed one. :mrgreen:

Clarett added about 20 pounds of muscle. He still sucked. Slowed him down, too.

Matt Jones juiced up like a motherfuc*er and blew everyone away at the combine so teams conveniently ignored what a headcase he was at Arkansas. Too bad, too. The kid just isn't all there, and if he's still running a 4.3 when he starts having to piss into a cup, I'll eat my hat.

Clarett added about 20 pounds of muscle. He still sucked. Slowed him down, too.

Matt Jones juiced up like a motherfuc*er and blew everyone away at the combine so teams conveniently ignored what a headcase he was at Arkansas. Too bad, too. The kid just isn't all there, and if he's still running a 4.3 when he starts having to piss into a cup, I'll eat my hat.

hey tom, we all know he's a big kid. but i really thought you were goofin with the riods stuff. he's not exactly ben johnson like as far as his build goes. if anything he's someone that looks like he could spend some more time in the gym. it's all gonna come out in the wash soon enough. but i'm still waiting to find out why so many people seem to root against this kid.

hey tom, we all know he's a big kid. but i really thought you were goofin with the riods stuff. he's not exactly ben johnson like as far as his build goes. if anything he's someone that looks like he could spend some more time in the gym. it's all gonna come out in the wash soon enough. but i'm still waiting to find out why so many people seem to root against this kid.

Nothing personal against the kid. ANYONE who is 6'6, 240 lbs was running a 4.3, should have to pee in a cup.

As for people hating on him, I think it's because people who have been around watching the draft long enough has seen this story before. It's not that we hate the kid, it's just that we hate the story. He's Mikhael Ricks all over again. Mike Mamula. Huey Richardson. These guys come along every year and never pan out.

Nothing personal against the kid. ANYONE who is 6'6, 240 lbs was running a 4.3, should have to pee in a cup.

As for people hating on him, I think it's because people who have been around watching the draft long enough has seen this story before. It's not that we hate the kid, it's just that we hate the story. He's Mikhael Ricks all over again. Mike Mamula. Huey Richardson. These guys come along every year and never pan out.

well i still think me & ham are getting a couple of jetnation shirts on the house. what was it? 5 TD's & how many catches?

well i still think me & ham are getting a couple of jetnation shirts on the house. what was it? 5 TD's & how many catches?

:lol: I believe it was 40 grabs, 5 TD's. And Ham got his already by virtue of having Jones drafted in the first round. Snake. :lol:

Archived