Adalius Thomas would be a stupid signing

BoomBoomMancini

There will be a pretty good 3-4 OLB available with our 1st pick in round 2.

Plus we extended B.Thomas..

13 mil a year for OLB?

Sorry guys...

No dice.

He is going to be 49er

I think he's more likely to be a Patriot. So let consider that when saying how stupid it would be to have in a Jet uniform

I saw the post, i tilted my head like a dog, thinking "who the hell says this?"

then i read the name...

It just scares me a little that arguably the most versatile LB in the game right now may end up in NE. A team that loves to utilize versatility. I hate the idea of signing anyone to an enormous cap killing contract, but given the impact that Thomas could have on our defense, and that it would also keep him out of NE, makes me warm up to the possibility. If anyone paid attention to the Colts/Pats AFC championship game, you will have noticed that the Patriots undoing was that they were unable to cover the Colts TEs with their LBs. A.Thomas has the necessary speed to cover guys like that which is rare for a guy that big. He has the size and speed to play any LB position in the 3-4, and is very good in run defense and rushing the passer. I will be shocked if BB and Pioli dont make a very strong bid for his services. At 29 he still has a lot of gas in the tank in my opinion

13 mil a year for OLB?

Sorry guys...

No dice.

He is going to be 49er

This would be a stupid post. Thinking you can get a player as good as Thomas in the 2nd round is COMPLETELY idiotic.

13 mil a year for OLB?

Sorry guys...

No dice.

He is going to be 49er

If we signed Adalius Thomas, he would probably take the place of Hobson, not B. Thomas. Plus if we sign A. Thomas, having Hobson as our back up OLB would be great depth.

I think he's more likely to be a Patriot. So let consider that when saying how stupid it would be to have in a Jet uniform

We aren't the Yankees...you don't sign guys just to keep them away from another team.

Adalius Thomas is better than Bryan Thomas.. I'd agree. However, we signed B Thomas for 5 yrs.. How can we have both? Really, we can't... We'd be SOL.

I don't know if this would be a good signing or not. OL and RB is what I want to spend cash on and NT.

If we signed Adalius Thomas, he would probably take the place of Hobson, not B. Thomas. Plus if we sign A. Thomas, having Hobson as our back up OLB would be great depth.

A Thomas + B Thomas on the field at the same time means RUNS GALORE by the opponent..

We aren't the Yankees...you don't sign guys just to keep them away from another team.

Adalius Thomas is better than Bryan Thomas.. I'd agree. However, we signed B Thomas for 5 yrs.. How can we have both? Really, we can't... We'd be SOL.

I don't know if this would be a good signing or not. OL and RB is what I want to spend cash on and NT.

If you read my second post, maybe you would have responded differently. The NFL is so much different than MLB it would make it impossible to be the Yankees. If A.Thomas wasnt a great fit for the system Mangini runs, then I wouldnt have any interest. The fact that he is an equally great fit for the Pats at a position that is starting to become a glaring weakness is just another thing to consider

A Thomas + B Thomas on the field at the same time means RUNS GALORE by the opponent..

I'm just curious why you think they would just let RB's run right past them? i don't remember baltimore having much trouble stuffing the run. And watching B Thomas play this year, i'd say he was the best backer at stopping the run (maybe next to Barton, but that's barton's job in the middle, not a fair comparison really...).

](*,)

Im with you man..

We need to beef up the interior line.

It just scares me a little that arguably the most versatile LB in the game right now may end up in NE. A team that loves to utilize versatility. I hate the idea of signing anyone to an enormous cap killing contract, but given the impact that Thomas could have on our defense, and that it would also keep him out of NE, makes me warm up to the possibility. If anyone paid attention to the Colts/Pats AFC championship game, you will have noticed that the Patriots undoing was that they were unable to cover the Colts TEs with their LBs. A.Thomas has the necessary speed to cover guys like that which is rare for a guy that big. He has the size and speed to play any LB position in the 3-4, and is very good in run defense and rushing the passer. I will be shocked if BB and Pioli dont make a very strong bid for his services. At 29 he still has a lot of gas in the tank in my opinion

I tried telling you people this might happen. How could you not see it coming?

Archived