Selling points?

4HCrew

If you are a free agent looking to win what would sell you on the Jets? Mangini? Chad? I think Adalius took the money but also wanted to win so he went to the Pats. Do you think other free agent players see the Jets as a team on the rise?

Well obviously the marketing ploy is Chad Pennington. I mean, did you see what he did against the Tennessee Titans, Miami Dolphins, Houston Texans & Oakland Raiders this season? Just ****in' amazing!!! I've never seen a Quarterback with this accuracy since Montana, hence the popular nickname, Shades of Montana in the NYPost when his arm wasn't a piece of spahgetti.

Any free agent would be dumb to not come to New York, especially a WR where he could see his number plumment when he finds out Noodle Arm will only throw the ball 5 or 10 yards down the field, no matter your height advantage or speed.

Well obviously the marketing ploy is Chad Pennington. I mean, did you see what he did against the Tennessee Titans, Miami Dolphins, Houston Texans & Oakland Raiders this season? Just ****in' amazing!!! I've never seen a Quarterback with this accuracy since Montana, hence the popular nickname, Shades of Montana in the NYPost when his arm wasn't a piece of spahgetti.

Any free agent would be dumb to not come to New York, especially a WR where he could see his number plumment when he finds out Noodle Arm will only throw the ball 5 or 10 yards down the field, no matter your height advantage or speed.

This is a terrible post.

The players respect Chad. He gave his heart and soul to this franchise. If he sucks half as bad as you think he does then Kellen will easily beat him out. Time will tell.

This is a terrible post.

The players respect Chad. He gave his heart and soul to this franchise. If he sucks half as bad as you think he does then Kellen will easily beat him out. Time will tell.

I respect the fact that he put his career on the line but when does it end? I'd rather have a guy who I'm confident in being able to lead this team / carry this team to a Super Bowl title than a guy I respect who can get me 10 win seasons and maybe a playoff win each year to make me feel good about him.

I respect the fact that he put his career on the line but when does it end? I'd rather have a guy who I'm confident in being able to lead this team / carry this team to a Super Bowl title than a guy I respect who can get me 10 win seasons and maybe a playoff win each year to make me feel good about him.

If any of that is true then Chad will be the backup QB this season. Time will tell. I haven't spoken with him directly but I am pretty sure that Mangini wants to win a Super Bowl as much as you do.

Call it a hunch.

If any of that is true then Chad will be the backup QB this season. Time will tell. I haven't spoken with him directly but I am pretty sure that Mangini wants to win a Super Bowl as much as you do.

Call it a hunch.

Kellen's time will come and maybe Mangini is planning on giving him another year of learning on the bench, who knows, time will tell on that as well. All I know is this, Chad Pennington is not the man to lead this team to the promise land. If he does, then I'll get his name tattooed on my dick, until that time though, I wait to be corrected.

so Max how would you sell the Jets to a free agent?

The new stadium. The new training facility. State of the art training facility. The best young coach in the NFL. An owner that is committed to winning.

Coles, Vilma, Rhodes, DBrick, Mangold, Chad are some well known players.

At the end of the day money talks. Nobody is taking less money unless there are other reasons for them to come here. The life of the NFL career is TOO short. They have to get paid while they can. There simply is no other answer.

But all other things (money) being equal, I would stress the items above. I would also tell them about JetNation. If tweaked in the right way, it could be a selling point.

:character0053:

All I know is this, Chad Pennington is not the man to lead this team to the promise land. If he does, then I'll get his name tattooed on my dick, until that time though, I wait to be corrected.

Pennington is a long name- Coles might be a better fit for you.

:;-)

Kellen's time will come and maybe Mangini is planning on giving him another year of learning on the bench, who knows, time will tell on that as well. All I know is this, Chad Pennington is not the man to lead this team to the promise land. If he does, then I'll get his name tattooed on my dick, until that time though, I wait to be corrected.

DO you really think Mangini is losing on purpose? I think you need to re-think your stance... I sure hope your wrong too becuase it would suck to have a coach that knowingly went into a season with 0% chance of winning it all...

There is no long master plan like you wish there was, the NFL is a win now league. Mangini wants to win it all every day, every month, always. I highly doubt he went into 06' thinking, heck Ill get 10 wins with Chad but he cant win in the playoffs...

The thing that cracks me up the most is you sit here and act like a know-it-all about Chad, and from what I heard it was the same thing last offseason when you thought Ramsey would take him down. Face the facts, you obviously dont know Chads ability as well as you think you do, he proved you wrong more than once already and will continue to prove you wrong. Mangini likes him, the JETS FO likes him, the players like him, your all alone on an island with a few other crazy JETS fans...

Getting into the playoffs whenever healthy pfft... thats nothing! :roll:

The thing that cracks me up the most is you sit here and act like a know-it-all about Chad, and from what I heard it was the same thing last offseason when you thought Ramsey would take him down. Face the facts, you obviously dont know Chads ability as well as you think you do, he proved you wrong more than once already and will continue to prove you wrong. Mangini likes him, the JETS FO likes him, the players like him, your all alone on an island with a few other crazy JETS fans...

Getting into the playoffs whenever healthy pfft... thats nothing! :roll:

Never said it was nothing, it's good but it's not good enough if you want to see the team win a championship.

Maybe, just maybe, Tangini & Co. are keeping Pennington around for a few other reasons other then what you think in that they think he's the second coming of Jesus Christ? Maybe, just maybe, wild thought here, they're keeping him around because he's DIRT CHEAP at this point with his contract being all incentives. Maybe, just maybe, it's because they don't feel like throwing Clemens into the fire as a rookie or 2nd year player and want to give him 2 years on the bench to learn the offense (which I still don't agree with but, whatever).

Really? All the players? I remember back in 2004 and 2005 some comments from players calling him a cracked egg, among other things. I don't think the feeling is 110% Chad Pennington love fest in that locker room.

Never said it was nothing, it's good but it's not good enough if you want to see the team win a championship.

Maybe, just maybe, Tangini & Co. are keeping Pennington around for a few other reasons other then what you think in that they think he's the second coming of Jesus Christ? Maybe, just maybe, wild thought here, they're keeping him around because he's DIRT CHEAP at this point with his contract being all incentives. Maybe, just maybe, it's because they don't feel like throwing Clemens into the fire as a rookie or 2nd year player and want to give him 2 years on the bench to learn the offense (which I still don't agree with but, whatever).

Really? All the players? I remember back in 2004 and 2005 some comments from players calling him a cracked egg, among other things. I don't think the feeling is 110% Chad Pennington love fest in that locker room.

We already know that we agree to disagree... so lets just stop... lol :)

We both know that Mangini is 10 times the coach Herm ever was and the fact that we dont know his exact plan is a great thing! Lets sit back and enjoy so JETS football brought to us by Tangini...

Now if they would just sign Porter!

Archived