what rules changes would you like to see?

joewilly

I think the roughing the passer is way over protective of the q'back. can't hit him high, can't hit him low. at least reduce it to a 5 yd penalty.

I expect to see the q'back wearing a flag to pull out soon.

I agree, but I'd at least make it a discretionary one like facemasks. 5 yds & re-play the down or 15 yds + an automatic first. If there's a barely late-hit on a QB on 3rd & 12 they shouldn't get an automatic first down. Maybe re-play the down at 3rd & 7, but giving them 15 yards AND an automatic first is absurd. It changes the game too much.

Look what happened with Kiwanuka & Young. Kiwanuka had him dead to rights but because he was so worried about roughing the passer he didn't finish the play. The game should have been over. It may have been stupid in hindsight, and I'm not really sympathetic to the Giants, but I can understand where he's coming from.

The QB rules will turn the NFL into the National Faggot League. But if there's an obvious brutal, dirty-play late hit, there should be a 15-yard + automatic first down. Can't have this turn into the all-thug league either. There has to be some middle-ground, and the NFL is going from one extreme (what it used to be when clothesline tackles were legal) to the other (what we have now).

The roughing the passer rule has gotten insane. I would like to see it changed. However, I believe that d linemen and lb's have gotten so much bigger and faster if something isn't done we won't have many QB's left. I think that DB's are also getting the raw end of the deal with pass interference calls. I don't think you should be able to mug somebody, but there has to be some more consistency. I would really like to see overtime changed like they do in college. That would make it more exciting.

I agree, but I'd at least make it a discretionary one like facemasks. 5 yds & re-play the down or 15 yds + an automatic first. .

I like this solution. I saw a lot of questionable roughing calls last year, but the game would suck even worse if the QBs had a target on them and all the good ones were sent to the hospital in week one.

I don't think refs can rule based on down and yardage, though. It has to be on the hit.

the stupid endzone call when baker was forced out

unfortunatly, you can't do much about a plain bad call. though they should change that rule about not allowing a 2nd look at a discretionary call. every play should be subject to replay if its close.

no need to take so long under the hood either. college does a much better & quicker I think

I understand the league's concerns with protecting the QB (not only because they're really valuable to the game but they're the only players who can be completely blind-sided), but it's gone too far. You practically can't touch the QB anymore. I agree with sperm, it shouldn't be an automatic first down.

Every play should be reviewable, I don't care if it's a 'discretion call'. OT should definitely be changed to the college style, sudden death OTs are boring and unfair.

I just want all the rules to apply to all teams.

Rule books state that once an offensive linemen is down in his stance and his hand is touching the ground if he lifts it up it is a false start.

If anybody watches the Colts and Manning before the snap they're offensive linemen move around more than anybody I've ever seen. They never call false starts on them and I think they should be treated just like everyone else.

Just because manning changes the plays so much at the line and they usually have to hold that position longer than any other O-linmen in the NFL doesn't mean the rules shouldn't apply to them.

Scrap the BS sudden death overtimes. Both teams should get to receive a kickoff and get 1 drive each. Should Team A score first after receiving the opening OT kickoff, then kickoffs to Team B who turns the ball over on the return to Team A, then Team A wins.

Bottom line - both teams in overtime should get the chance to have an offensive drive. Sudden death is awesome when your team wins, but its still not the best way to prove who the better team was that day.

Lighten up on the BS roughing the passer calls.

Scrap the BS sudden death overtimes. Both teams should get to receive a kickoff and get 1 drive each. Should Team A score first after receiving the opening OT kickoff, then kickoffs to Team B who turns the ball over on the return to Team A, then Team A wins.

Bottom line - both teams in overtime should get the chance to have an offensive drive. Sudden death is awesome when your team wins, but its still not the best way to prove who the better team was that day.

Lighten up on the BS roughing the passer calls.

Sounds a lot like Communism. are you a red?

Archived