The Chris Baker Debate

K2C

I happen to think he is one of the more underrated TE in the NFL. This could be because I am a fan of his, but I truly think he has great hands and is a better blocker than some think.

I see a lot of mocks saying we need to get Olsen.

1)I think Olsen sucked in college, and don't know why he is such a hot prospect

2) Does anyone else think Chris Baker is more than a solid starter for the Jets?

I happen to think he is one of the more underrated TE in the NFL. This could be because I am a fan of his, but I truly think he has great hands and is a better blocker than some think.

I see a lot of mocks saying we need to get Olsen.

1)I think Olsen sucked in college, and don't know why he is such a hot prospect

2) Does anyone else think Chris Baker is more than a solid starter for the Jets?

I agree with you 100%. We need no part of Olsen and Baker has done MORE then enough to earn more touches.

Chris Baker is a fine TE with great pass-catching ability and perhaps a little under-average blocking. I think he's underutilized and should have more plays designed for him. I don't know why some people think we need a new TE, we have much more pressing needs, especially on the defense.

Yeah..his 6 TD's in three years are astonishing.

dont give me statistics. i know all the stats. watch tapes

You can cherry pick tapes of any player doing impressive things. He never really stood out at Miami and even his backers say he's an awful run blocker. He makes zero sense for the Jets.

no u cant.you can cherry pick one or two highlights. not games. he played in SEC. went against NFL calibur speed and size. his QBs were getting sacked left and right and he made the most of the few opportunities he got

""no u cant.you can cherry pick one or two highlights. not games. he played in SEC. went against NFL calibur speed and size. his QBs were getting sacked left and right and he made the most of the few opportunities he got""

he played in the ACC. I watched him and would love for him to be on the Jets.

Don't let your eyes fool you. Baker is what he is, and thats a middle tier TE. The only time he gets open is when defenses nap on him or when LBers bite on a playaction fake and Baker sneaks up and over them. You never see Baker beat a LBer one on one off the line of scrimmage. He doesnt have the speed or accelration to do that.

That is why if Greg Olsen is there Id take him. He has the talent and potential to elevate this offense. A guy who will give you legit mismatches on the field. A guy safeties would have to respect which in turn will create more one on one man coverages for Coels and Cotch.

And this doesnt mean we would ahve to get rid of Baker. He'd still have an important role on this team as a blocker and in two TE sets. Olsen and Baker would actually give us one heck of a tandem.

Once we get a TE to stay in and block on passing downs besides Baker then we can send him out into the field and his numbers will skyrocket, especially when CP hits the bench and we get a guy with an arm behind the line.:P

Have you guys missed JETS games this year??? Baker has well above average hands and is very good at making plays...

He made the winning TD catch against the Titans, Should have made the tie against the Browns on an awesome catch... he also had some huge catched against NE... he always showed up in the 4th Q and always came up with big catches... and that was with limited balls being thrown his way...

Have you guys missed JETS games this year??? Baker has well above average hands and is very good at making plays...

He made the winning TD catch against the Titans, Should have made the tie against the Browns on an awesome catch... he also had some huge catched against NE... he always showed up in the 4th Q and always came up with big catches... and that was with limited balls being thrown his way...

I agree.

The fact that its argued on here whether to take Olsen or not may not even be

in the minds of the CS. Personally I would be shocked to see them even take

a TE in the first day rounds.

Yes I have no problem with Baker being the jets starter for another 5 years.He is a good tight end.He gets the raw deal every year when it comes to the benefit of the doubt,just look at that catch he made this year against the Browns that won the game and the refs robbed him again! Baker rules! Give him some credit!

Archived