Hey UNC fans....

JonEJet

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

31-7 overall record this year

Swept Dook in both regular season games

ACC Tournament Champions

Went to the sweet 16 in the ncaa tournament.

Not a bad year at all. This loss earlier tonight is hard to accept but when it comes down to it GTown deserved to win. I give them credit for it.

Edit- They went to the Elite 8

31-7 overall record this year

Swept Dook in both regular season games

ACC Tournament Champions

Went to the sweet 16 in the ncaa tournament.

Not a bad year at all. This loss earlier tonight is hard to accept but when it comes down to it GTown deserved to win. I give them credit for it.

Edit- They went to the Elite 8

that and a cup of coffee will get ya.... a cup of coffee

enjoy your nice season .. it means nada... only championships matter, 5 years from now, no one will remember who was in elite 8

say bye bye to wright, lawson and tyler 2

enjoy your nice season .. it means nada... only championships matter, 5 years from now, no one will remember who was in elite 8

say bye bye to wright, lawson and tyler 2

Means nothing huh..then by your logic Dook has sucked since 1992. Good point!!

championship banners is all that matters!!!

you should know that

Of course they matter, but its hillarious that you and every other dook fan is crawling out of their holes to get laughs now. The team had a bad year, got knocked out by VCU in the first game of the tourney, got taken to school by NC State in the acc tourney...not really alot of good things to base your argument on.

Its ok though, I guess when your team sucks you have to sit by the TV and pray for your bitter and better rival to lose. :)

Of course they matter, but its hillarious that you and every other dook fan is crawling out of their holes to get laughs now. The team had a bad year, got knocked out by VCU in the first game of the tourney, got taken to school by NC State in the acc tourney...not really alot of good things to base your argument on.

Its ok though, I guess when your team sucks you have to sit by the TV and pray for your bitter and better rival to lose. :)

like i said no one will remember UNC's year, what rd did UNC go out last year?

i forget.

like i said no one will remember UNC's year, what rd did UNC go out last year?

i forget.

You're wrong..plenty of people will remember UNC's year, but it won't be just us fans it will be the haters who want to find a way to blast the team.

And they went out in the second round last year to George Mason.

When there are over 300 teams competing for the same thing, a national title is a lot to ask for if you're saying that is the benchmark for a "successful" season.

UNC should be proud of the campaign they had, especially with so many freshmen on the squad. Depending on how many players leave for the NBA, they should be back strong next season.

This is coming from someone who hates the Tarheels (and Duke, NC State, and ECU), mind you.

When there are over 300 teams competing for the same thing, a national title is a lot to ask for if you're saying that is the benchmark for a "successful" season.

UNC should be proud of the campaign they had, especially with so many freshmen on the squad. Depending on how many players leave for the NBA, they should be back strong next season.

This is coming from someone who hates the Tarheels (and Duke, NC State, and ECU), mind you.

for duke it is all that matters, UNCW is in a different league just getting to dance is your goal

for duke it is all that matters, UNCW is in a different league just getting to dance is your goal

Well then you will rarely be satisfied. You can't set the bar at "national title or bust" in a 65-team field or you will be a very depressed fan.

And yes, you're right, getting to the dance is the primary goal. But winning games once we get there is not out of reach anymore. VCU was the top team in the CAA and did the league proud, coming on the heels of a Final 4 run by George Mason, another CAA team. So the bar has been raised a bit for teams like us.

But for the majority of college basketball teams, yes, getting to the dance is enough to be satisfied.

Sure he is, he is a dookie. That automatically makes him wrong. :)

My question is, why is he talking smack to a fans of a team that swept his in the regular season, won the conference title, advanced 3-rounds further in the NCAA Tourney, and to top it all off, lost to a team with 1/100th of the basketball budget (VCU) of his, AND his team getting all the calls?

I mean, how many times does he need to see the video of Greg Paulus flopping to the court to draw a charge (and getting the call) despite no contact? How many times does he need to see that punk for Duke flying elbows to injure UNC's best player?

My question is, why is he talking smack to a fans of a team that swept his in the regular season, won the conference title, advanced 3-rounds further in the NCAA Tourney, and to top it all off, lost to a team with 1/100th of the budget (VCU) of his?

Because this is what they do. On March 4th when Carolina beat Dook at the dome, all you heard around here from their kind was how glad they were Hansbrough's nose got broken. They ignored the loss and focused on something else to make them feel better. That is what they are doing today as well. Its not an uncommon action that their kind likes to take part in. Its very sad, pathetic, and funny all at the same time.

Because this is what they do. On March 4th when Carolina beat Dook at the dome, all you heard around here from their kind was how glad they were Hansbrough's nose got broken. They ignored the loss and focused on something else to make them feel better. That is what they are doing today as well. Its not an uncommon action that their kind likes to take part in. Its very sad, pathetic, and funny all at the same time.

Which is why Duke is # 2 on my "despised schools" list. # 1 on that list is, of course, East Carolina. Their football games are like a redneck jamboree and they wonder why no one respects them.

Which is why Duke is # 2 on my "despised schools" list. # 1 on that list is, of course, East Carolina. Their football games are like a redneck jamboree and they wonder why no one respects them.

I agree..I have been to some of those (including the 1992 Peach Bowl against NC State) so I know what you are talking about.

My question is, why is he talking smack to a fans of a team that swept his in the regular season, won the conference title, advanced 3-rounds further in the NCAA Tourney, and to top it all off, lost to a team with 1/100th of the basketball budget (VCU) of his, AND his team getting all the calls?

I mean, how many times does he need to see the video of Greg Paulus flopping to the court to draw a charge (and getting the call) despite no contact? How many times does he need to see that punk for Duke flying elbows to injure UNC's best player?

If you have read any of my posts regarding paulus, you would know that i feel he is the most overrated player ever to come to duke and that he would be lucky to be 4th string at unc. i also told SJ early in the year that duke would be lucky to be 6th in acc and were probably looking at NIT. You can ask him if you so desire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as UNCW it was not a slam it was just a fact! UNCW, VCU and my school Niagara, as well as 250 other schools goal is to get in dance, a major pipedream to win it.

Duke, UNC,UCLA, Kansas.... goals are to win the dance anything else is a disapointment.

well said.

and is the NIT still a tournament?

I thought you had to pay to enter.

Dont they also allow some high school teams in also to give the teams that were undeserving of NCAA bid some competition?

Archived