Leon Washington

Pragmatic Bus

hense? c isnt even close to s on the keyboard. its hence, stop trying to use fancy articulate words to make your post seem more intelligent.

They are practically neighbors on the keyboard...lets save the english lessons for a different board though.

Note: I did not use an apostrophe on the word Lets. It should be Let's, or Let us. I apologize for being an idiot.

While Mangini might get a little credit, this whole story really has nothing to do with Mangini. It has to do with Washington. Some guys are hard workers. Some guys are the first ones in and the last ones out. Yeah maybe Mangini had a little push here and there, but the fact is, it seems Washington is the type of person who doesn't want to be a backup and for that reason, he's gonna work harder and longer to prove he isn't a backup in the NFL.

I think this story is more about what kind of person Washington is than what kind of coach Mangini is.

It wasn't like that under the previous regime. where players had great attitudes and worked hard...so if Mangini doesn't get the credit,who does? maybe god? :rolleyes:

I think you're drinking too much of the pessamistic kool-aid dude.

It is obvious people are either too young or too blinded after one season.

Mangini deserves some credit. But Washington deserves most of the credit. He's the one working hard, trying to prove he's a starter.

I mean this is the same staff that brought in Ramsey and Kevan Barlow last season. Not exactly top of the line hard workers.... Yeah now they are gone, but obviously the hard work and tough attitudes didn't pay off in their cases.

As I previously stated, Mangini does deserve some credit, but LEON WASHINGTON is the one working hard, working to prove he is a starter in the NFL. If Leon was not a hard worker to begin with, none of this would ever be brought up. Mangini wouldn't be given any credit and for all intensive purposes, the guys drinking all the Mangini kool aid wouldn't be saying anything negative anyway.

You people give too much credit when credit is not deserved. But hey, if that's the case, I guess Herm Edwards should have gotten a lot of the credit when Curtis Martin ran the ball 400 times a season and rarely missed a game from 2001- 2005. He proved he was better than Lamon Jordan who was supposed to be the heir apparent. Instead Curtis Martin lead the league in rushing in 2004.

This notion that Mangini should get credit for Leon Washington working out, preparing for next season is kind of ridiculous.

There are certain people who work hard and there are certain people who don't, regardless of who the management is. I guess most of you never have worked in the real world.

Mangini deserves some credit. But Washington deserves most of the credit. He's the one working hard, trying to prove he's a starter.

I mean this is the same staff that brought in Ramsey and Kevan Barlow last season. Not exactly top of the line hard workers.... Yeah now they are gone, but obviously the hard work and tough attitudes didn't pay off in their cases.

As I previously stated, Mangini does deserve some credit, but LEON WASHINGTON is the one working hard, working to prove he is a starter in the NFL. If Leon was not a hard worker to begin with, none of this would ever be brought up. Mangini wouldn't be given any credit and for all intensive purposes, the guys drinking all the Mangini kool aid wouldn't be saying anything negative anyway.

You people give too much credit when credit is not deserved. But hey, if that's the case, I guess Herm Edwards should have gotten a lot of the credit when Curtis Martin ran the ball 400 times a season and rarely missed a game from 2001- 2005. He proved he was better than Lamon Jordan who was supposed to be the heir apparent. Instead Curtis Martin lead the league in rushing in 2004.

This notion that Mangini should get credit for Leon Washington working out, preparing for next season is kind of ridiculous.

There are certain people who work hard and there are certain people who don't, regardless of who the management is. I guess most of you never have worked in the real world.

I think you're pretty on the money with this. Leon is turning out to be a special player and along with Nick Mangold they are the two gems from last year's draft. Rest of the draft was pretty underwhelming especially considering how deep with talent it was.

Other than Mangold, Washington and Andre Dyson Mangini and Tanenbaum haven't brought in anyone that good really. People here are conveniently forgetting about guys like Kimo, Schlegel, Ramsey, Anthony Clement and Kevan Barlow. Who'd a thunk the 49ers actually raped us by getting a 4th round pick for Barlow?

We'll see what happens in the draft. The Jets could have signed Travis Henry or Jamal Lewis and kept the Skins' 2nd round pick instead of trading down 30 spots but maybe guys like Woodley and Anthony Spencer will be there late in the second round.

As I previously stated, Mangini does deserve some credit, but LEON WASHINGTON is the one working hard, working to prove he is a starter in the NFL. If Leon was not a hard worker to begin \with, none of this would ever be brought up. Mangini wouldn't be given any credit and for all intensive purposes, the guys drinking all the Mangini kool aid wouldn't be saying anything negative anyway.

You bring up some good points..but your statement that giving Mangini credit for Leon Washington is the same as giving Herm Edwards credit for Curtis Martin is ridiculous. Curtis Martin came in as a rookie under the same system with Parcells. Is it just a coincidence that almost every player coming into the Parcells/BB system out of college are mostly hard working players?

Or should we give the players credit for knowing how hard to work coming out of college?where is Washington's attitude about winning championship coming from?himself?or Mangini?He did say in the article that in College he would just ''hang out'' or ''play video games'' when not playing football.

It Shows you what kinda mindset mangini brings to the team. you never saw anything like this when herm was coaching

Great, great article. Leon is going to be one hell of a player for us.

I can't wait to watch him and Thomas Jones this year.

I kind of see what you are saying but remember - Mangini drafted Washington because he knew Leon was this type of player. A hard worker who studies alot of film, and a high character football player who loves the game - so yes Mangini gets credit here.

The curtis-herm comparison makes no sense.....

Archived