Panthers willing to trade Jenkins

BP

We will also need someone next season when Drobs salary become gigantic... why not get them in here now to compete for the job?

Drob will most likely be cut or traded next season... unless he plays well all year and reworks his deal...

Drob is getting about 4.5 million this season... and will be at almost 9 million next season...

I think given the sucess I think he'll have, he should restructure mid-season. The Jets have been on the ball when it comes to re-signing must keep players. (Cotch, B-Thomas, etc.)

Depending on what they want I would trade for him. I keep seeing all these D ends signings. When are we going to see NT come in. I agree a lot with the Pouha thing. Guy is too old to be a project. Mosely hasn't done jack. Who do we have after D rob? like I posted more then once. I don't care who we bring in Adams, Jenkins, a heart beat is better then what we have at back-up.

The only thing I don't know is what they're asking. Anything over a 3rd is pushing it. A fourth would be better.

But seriously If he was able to be an impact player in the middle, that would solidify our run defense for the 3-4 and then make a possible 4-3 set even more effective. Versatility is what Magini's all about right? Make it happen then.

Umm, I would gladly send a 4th and a 6th for him. Come on, the Jets NEED a true NT. Mangini will have him run the perimeter of the compound and make him run up stairs all day if fatty can't keep his weight down. Its a hell of a lot better than the options we have now.

Umm, I would gladly send a 4th and a 6th for him. Come on, the Jets NEED a true NT. Mangini will have him run the perimeter of the compound and make him run up stairs all day if fatty can't keep his weight down. Its a hell of a lot better than the options we have now.

How is he a "true" nose tackle? Because he is fat? He has played in a 4-3 for his entire career.

And it's not just giving up a couple of picks for him. You have to weigh in what it will cost to resign him. And since the Panthers are looking to deal him, he is probably looking for more than he's currently worth.

Panthers | Jenkins off the market?

Sat, 26 May 2007 20:39:41 -0700

Darin Gantt, of the Rock Hill Herald, reports Carolina Panthers DT Kris Jenkins has been pulled off the market. Agent Drew Rosenhaus told the Charlotte Observer last week that he heard the Panthers were still shopping Jenkins. The team would have taken a first-round pick in this year's draft for Jenkins, but those offers never materialized.

No wonder! A first rounder??? A lil' overboard IMO. Interesting tactic though, as there was not really any sure fire NT prospects in the draft this year. But not surprising that nobody took the bait...

Archived