New York Rangers vs. Atlanta Thrashers Game 1 thread

MasonJet

And Thrashers with a goal to make it 2-1 Rangers on a power play. There was a terrible penalty called on Roszival to hand the Thrashers that goal. Great period though however.

C'mon people somebody else has to comment on this thread.

even for the playoffs? that sucks.

Rangers entered the playoffs on a really good ride. They might be dangerous.

Yeah it really does. I don't get Versus here at college and a lot of the first round games are on the teams local channels so I can't watch either way.

And the Rangers are playing some good hockey right now. I think there going to need to be a bit more physical in the next few games though Atlanta was getting away with too much stuff. But the refs kept the whistles in their pockets for the most part and we got a great game out of it, hopefully some other refs can learn that lesson.

Solid game. Did seem like some of the younger defensemen-Pock, Mara, Girardi- started realizing they were in a playoff game with about 5 minutes left and ran around a bit, but it worked out. The Rangers have a huge advatange in goal. Saturday's key-if they get ahead 2-0 going back to MSG, they have a great shot to advance. Honestly though this was the best matchup they could've hoped for.

Hollweg should dress over Hossa, even if he scored.

Solid game. Did seem like some of the younger defensemen-Pock, Mara, Girardi- started realizing they were in a playoff game with about 5 minutes left and ran around a bit, but it worked out. The Rangers have a huge advatange in goal. Saturday's key-if they get ahead 2-0 going back to MSG, they have a great shot to advance. Honestly though this was the best matchup they could've hoped for.

Hollweg should dress over Hossa, even if he scored.

Yeah the defense did get a bit weak at the end of the game and almost gave me a heart attack. Lundqvist will be the reason why the Rangers win or lose this series. Atlanta is a good matchup for us, they do have some top-notch scorers but not much depth, and our goaltending is undoubtedly superior. There is no way Hollweg should be in over. Ever since Hossa has played with Jagr and Nylander, he has been very productive and the only thing Hollweg does well is hit. I would like to see Hollweg play over Orr however. Orr did zip tonight, and he's supposed to be the physical guy but he just doesn't hit enough.

Archived