Spurrier says Bring Down Flag

SouthernJet

the same people who flaunt the stars and bars and good ol' dixie are the same people who still dream of a time when you could to a "n-ner" to shine your boots. look, you ignorant douchebags, dixie died. your bid to be independent failed because of your evil and despicable interests. we didnt reconstruct the south enough n my opinion.

p.s.-i take great pleasure in burning any confederate flags i see.

the same people who flaunt the stars and bars and good ol' dixie are the same people who still dream of a time when you could to a "n-ner" to shine your boots. look, you ignorant douchebags, dixie died. your bid to be independent failed because of your evil and despicable interests. we didnt reconstruct the south enough n my opinion.

I love you.

This is what makes me laugh. How is it a part of their heritage? The Confederacy existed for what, 5 years maybe? It existed as a completely seperate country from the United States, how is that something to be proud of? Celebrating your heritage is when you eat corned beef on St. Patrick's Day. Waving the Confederate Flag is just Southerners apparently not realizing that they lost that war a long long time ago and not being able to get over it.

So to use the line of so many Southerners "If you don't like it here, you can giiit out." :P I'm kidding of course, but people who think the Confederate Flag shows some kind of heritage are just kidding themselves.

You know what makes me laugh? The know-it-all attitude that you display on the subject of the flag, despite the fact that I doubt you've ever crossed South of the Mason-Dixon line. But, feel free to stand up on your soapbox and condemn Southerners that are showing pride in their history as racists that are in denial that they lost a war 150 years ago. You are kidding yourself with that bull****.

You know what makes me laugh? The know-it-all attitude that you display on the subject of the flag, despite the fact that I doubt you've ever crossed South of the Mason-Dixon line. But, feel free to stand up on your soapbox and condemn Southerners that are showing pride in their history as racists that are in denial that they lost a war 150 years ago. You are kidding yourself with that bull****.

Their showing pride in one helluva history alright...

Enslaving of a Race for hundreds of years.

Racism and discrimination of that race for decades.

Killing of people of that race because of their ethnicity.

That's one helluva history to celebrate.

So, from what I deduce from your post:

Hating people for their skin color - bad.

Hating people because of the section of the country they were born in - acceptable.

I just wish there was this much passion in fighting Islamic Jihadists.

:Typotux:

Come to think of it, if we used the same tactics Sherman and Grant used on the Confederacy, the problem would be solved.

Hmmmmmmmmmm. I wonder why we don't? Must be all the liberals who get their panties in a bunch over rebel flags but demand the US supply GITMO terrorists with ACLU lawyers.

:rl:

Yep, because there were no slaves up North.

Maybe we should rename all schools that are named after Thomas Jefferson, and take him off the $2 bill while we are at it.

Dude, I know I've been busting chops throughout this thread, but seriously...

Have you read any books about the Civil War?

Seriously Mason.....have you ever been to the South. The women down there are very nice looking.

As for me, I just want cultural diversity and harmony for everyone regardless of race, religion or background.

There's plenty of Virginia girls where I go to college and I'm not noticing a huge difference. I know several girls here who are from NY too and they're all pretty good looking. :)

There's nothing wrong with diversity and harmony, but the Confederacy was basically the opposite of that.

LMAO. I figured it's pretty obvious that I go to college at George Mason, you know, in VIRGINIA. But you're right I've never crossed the Mason-Dixon line except for the fact that I've been going to college in VIRGINIA, maybe 2 hours from the confederate capital Richmond, since August. :rl::bwahaharoll: Not to mention about 90% of the students here are from Virginia as well.

The Confederate flag is just completely unnecessary and does not show any true heritage. The South lost, most people realize that, clearly some do not.

And seriously Troll, get a clue.

Yep, because there were no slaves up North.

Maybe we should rename all schools that are named after Thomas Jefferson, and take him off the $2 bill while we are at it.

There was slavery in the North but most, if not all Northern states had abolished slavery by the time of the Civil War. One way or another, I don't see how the Confederate flag is something to be particularly proud of. Especially when some Southerners may have said at one point in their life that "libruls hate Amurka." Ironic, no?

LMAO. I figured it's pretty obvious that I go to college at George Mason, you know, in VIRGINIA. But you're right I've never crossed the Mason-Dixon line except for the fact that I've been going to college in VIRGINIA, maybe 2 hours from the confederate capital Richmond, since August. :rl::bwahaharoll: Not to mention about 90% of the students here are from Virginia as well.

The Confederate flag is just completely unnecessary and does not show any true heritage. The South lost, most people realize that, clearly some do not.

And seriously Troll, get a clue.

Come on, like I know where George Mason is. I wouldn't even know it existed in the first place if not for that fluke Final Four run.

What's completely unneccessary are the PC whiners with nothing better to do than bitch about something they have no ****ing clue about. There ain't nobody that flies the flag that believes that the war is still going on. It's not denial. Denial would be sweeping the flag under the rug and trying to pretend that the Confederacy never existed. Which is what YOU want to do. Like it or not, the Civil War is probably the most significant thing to ever happen in US history. The South may have lost, but they fought until the bitter end, despite being grossly out-manned and out-funded. And THAT is something to be proud of.

There was slavery in the North but most, if not all Northern states had abolished slavery by the time of the Civil War. One way or another, I don't see how the Confederate flag is something to be particularly proud of. Especially when some Southerners may have said at one point in their life that "libruls hate Amurka." Ironic, no?

I think it's funny that you assume you are talking to a Republican. You are not.

I think it's funny that you assume you are talking to a Republican. You are not.

Is that what you think I'm doing? LOL. I don't know what you are, I was just making a point. Thanks for the history lesson but I realize how important the Civil War is to the UNITED STATES. I just don't see how fighting that war is anything to be proud of, of course if they won then we wouldn't have to worry about Texas screwing things up.

I don't want to say the Confederacy never existed, but congrats on putting words in people's mouths. I'm saying it's existence is nothing to be proud of.

Is that what you think I'm doing? LOL. I don't know what you are, I was just making a point. Thanks for the history lesson but I realize how important the Civil War is to the UNITED STATES. I just don't see how fighting that war is anything to be proud of, of course if they won then we wouldn't have to worry about Texas screwing things up.

I don't want to say the Confederacy never existed, but congrats on putting words in people's mouths. I'm saying it's existence is nothing to be proud of.

Sorry for putting words in your mouth. I guess it is okay though for you to say I'm in denial that the South lost. Must be one of the perks of winning the war.

I, for one, am proud of my Southern history and heritage and I told you why in my previous post. If you can't understand it by now, then you never will.

Sorry for putting words in your mouth. I guess it is okay though for you to say I'm in denial that the South lost. Must be one of the perks of winning the war.

I, for one, am proud of my Southern history and heritage and I told you why in my previous post. If you can't understand it by now, then you never will.

Troll, it ain't got nothing to do with that flag. It's provincial snobbery, thats all. Bunch of kids from NJ, NY and Connecticut making fun of people from the South. The sad part is, they have the same contempt for people in "flyover country" like Indiana. They call them hoosiers and hicks and make fun 'cos they voted for "Dumbya".

Then get get all self-righteous over slavery and what have you, and most of them don't even know that Indiana soldiers suffered the worse attrition during the Civil War. They think New York won the war or something. Hell if NY and NJ had there way, there never would have been a war.

Shee-it, NYC they had draft riots.

Archived