Leberfeld's new blog

SoFlaJets

April 18, 2007

Raiders should take Calvin Johnson

LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell shouldn't be the first pick in the draft.

In fact, I don't know if he should even be a Top Ten selection.

Everyone assumes, that when Roger Goodell gets up to the podium at Radio City, to announce the first pick of the 2007 draft, he going to tell us the Oakland Raiders have selected Russell.

Not so fast.

First of all, if they trade for Detroit quarterback Josh McCown, and also deal wide receiver Randy Moss, this would likely lead them to select the draft's best prospect, Georgia Tech wide receiver Calvin Johnson.

He is the player they should select. He's a rare talent - 6-5, 239 pounds with 4.35 speed. Are you kidding me? And he's not just a workout warrior, but a really good player with great character.

So this pick should be a slam dunk.

All these people saying that Al Davis would like to pick Russell, are jumping to conclusions. Who has talked to Mr. Davis recently? He's like Hilary Clinton

leberfeld has improved in the last couple months, he's dead on right with this observation

Well when the Jets stop writing the articles for you, I guess you have no choice but to actually watch some football for yourself.

LOL, yeah, I've never been a big fan of his, especially when he was busting on Mangini for not giving him the scoop on stuff.

yea Coach he was kind of losing a LOT of street cred with Jets fans with his Brooks Bollinger agenda

They are all blogging now.

Randy Lange is going to have a blog on the Jets site soon. They hope to have it up and running before the draft.

Really Max? A Randy Lange blog on the official Jets site? How do you know that?

No problem guys. Randy also asked that you guys all check out the official Jets site and stay tuned for some pretty cool improvements that will be coming soon.

Thanks again Max.

IT IS LIKE PULLING TEETH WITH YOU GUYS. WHERE'S THE STRAIGHT MAN WHEN YOU NEED HIM. lol.

Archived