is this even possible?

4HCrew

Ok been working a ton and somewhat delirious but is this scenario even possible...

Raiders take Russell

Lions take Gaines Adams

Browns take Quinn

Bucs --- the Jets package Coles and their #1 to get this pick to take Calvin Johnson? or maybe even throw in one of the #2s

My thinking is that Coles has alot of miles on his tires not to mention a lingering turf toe and as much as Mangini respects him his mouth could get to in his way at times. Not sure of the cap hit but just a shot.

coles has too many miles on it and is leagues away from CJ. plus gruden would be doing cartwheels if he doesn't need to trade up to get CJ. but for sh!ts and giggles

4th pick = 1800 pts

25th pick = 720 pts

coles prob = 300-350 pts (in draft scale) equivalent to the 55th selection (late 2nd).

pretty much if this trade is feasible is if we trade the 07' and 08' picks and coles...which is absolutely not worth it

coles has too many miles on it and is leagues away from CJ. plus gruden would be doing cartwheels if he doesn't need to trade up to get CJ. but for sh!ts and giggles

4th pick = 1800 pts

25th pick = 720 pts

coles prob = 300-350 pts (in draft scale) equivalent to the 55th selection (late 2nd).

pretty much if this trade is feasible is if we trade the 07' and 08' picks and coles...which is absolutely not worth it

I agree.. no way Johnson gets to 4, but if he does, Carl Lewis gets a 1 day contract from Tampa to RUN THEIR CARD up.

Ok been working a ton and somewhat delirious but is this scenario even possible...

Raiders take Russell

Lions take Gaines Adams

Browns take Quinn

Bucs --- the Jets package Coles and their #1 to get this pick to take Calvin Johnson? or maybe even throw in one of the #2s

My thinking is that Coles has alot of miles on his tires not to mention a lingering turf toe and as much as Mangini respects him his mouth could get to in his way at times. Not sure of the cap hit but just a shot.

if the lions take adams at 2 they should fire millen on the spot. no matter how good he is it would be almost impossible to live up to the contract he got @ 2.

4th pick = 1800 pts

25th pick = 720 pts

that scale is not the end all be all.

Coles should be worth at least 600 points IMHO.

the scale is one of many factors that is used by owners to try and guage value. that doesn't even include coles' salary, how much of a hit it could effect the jets and how much room on the cap the bucs have. its also preference too....i was just doing it for an example

and coles isn't worth 600 pts, b/c thats the equivalent to a 31st pick. i see coles being a late 2nd or 3rd rder in value and thats about it at this point of his career.

Raiders take Russell

Lions take Gaines Adams

Browns take Quinn

I didn't see this one coming from you, 4H. I had you pegged for drafting in the trenches.

Tabor as much as I believe in establishing and stopping the run to me CJ is a one of a kind true gamebreaker. Granted having Chad as his QB initially may not show all of his abilities but when was the last time the Jets had a guy on offense that was an all pro stud? I am usually not a fan of these kinds of moves but for guys like a Reggie Bush or Calvin try to keep options open. It is nice to dream ;)

Wow 4H, could've swore you were a big LC fan and very interesting but very doubtful that this would happen. If it does, I'd be very happy but I think it would take more then the 25th overall and LC to get up to 4 to draft Calvin, if he falls that far. We would probably have to throw in next years 1st round pick as well.

124 I am a Coles fan but lets be honest how many years does he have left here? Also the way he started griping towards the end of the year last year I am sure will start wearing on people..hell it annoyed me and I love the guy

Archived