Assante Samuel situation

faba

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ya awesome analogy, an online aquaintance who i've never met is the same as a guy who is on the same team and the same side of the ball with 27 other guys who practices together every day, who studies film together, travels together, eats together, plays together. why don't you just give him a POT-W nom too for such a fantastic analogy. gotta run catch a plane, a bumblebee died in new zealand and i'm giving the eulogy.

that's sad; what kind of bumble bee was it?

C'mon man, the defense is made up of approximately 25 players. I work in an office that, ironically, has about 25 people. I would fly to catmandoo if one of them drowned tragically. I am sure he had enough frequent flier miles to travel to Louisana...

Maybe some of you have these cutesy little tight knit offices where everyone gets along and goes to dinner and bars every night. That's great. Most people don't. most people go to work and come home. They don't make buddy buddy with everyone and, while tragic, life goees on when distant aquaintances/coworkers die.

ya awesome analogy, an online aquaintance who i've never met is the same as a guy who is on the same team and the same side of the ball with 27 other guys who practices together every day, who studies film together, travels together, eats together, plays together. why don't you just give him a POT-W nom too for such a fantastic analogy. gotta run catch a plane, a bumblebee died in new zealand and i'm giving the eulogy.

Um.... I posted the Smilies because im a Florida Jets fan... Thats all, but thats for your 2 cents

Maybe some of you have these cutesy little tight knit offices where everyone gets along and goes to dinner and bars every night. That's great. Most people don't. most people go to work and come home. They don't make buddy buddy with everyone and, while tragic, life goees on when distant aquaintances/coworkers die.

and when someone tragically dies, only the aholes don't at least go pay their respects to someone who they lived and played with so closely for a year.

Samual is not most people...

I give up. I guess the NFL is in fact a bunch of brother in arms and not a place of employment. I guess Chad Pennington and Kerry Rhodes really do play Canasta with their wives and kids after practice.

To think Samuel is going to lose any potential money over not going to Hill's funeral is sheer lunacy and would only come from a jilted Pats fan or a Jets/MIA/BUF fan laughing at the Pats misfortune.

I give up. I guess the NFL is in fact a bunch of brother in arms and not a place of employment. I guess Chad Pennington and Kerry Rhodes really do play Canasta with their wives and kids after practice.

To think Samuel is going to lose any potential money over not going to Hill's funeral is sheer lunacy and would only come from a jilted Pats fan or a Jets/MIA/BUF fan laughing at the Pats misfortune.

...or an attorney who has worked on endorsement deals and knows what kinds of considerations (including background research and focus groups) goes into it. could be that.

Samual is not most people...

Moreover, I am not buddy buddy with everyone at the office, but I would certainly pay my respects having known them for a while. Yes, life goes on; however, part of the healing process for the family is having the people who were acquainted with their loved one acknowledge his/her existence. Perhaps I'm being over-dramatic...

Yes, a disclaimer would be good, thanks ;)

When I read this thread before, seeing the various posts criticizing Asante for not going, no matter the reason, really hit home with me, as I have my own issues with dealing with funerals. Then when you had quoted my post, I was already seeing red and was pissed off so the sarcasm sailed way over my head. My apologies for flying off the handle there.

With that said, if he did do it strictly based on his contract status, then yes, he is a scumbag. We just don't know that for sure.

cool ks, lots of people feel differently about attending funerals which are not their immediatle families & their reasons for not attending should be respected.

fear of flying. it's easy for those who don't suffer from this anxiety to say suck it up & get on the plane. I literally had to put my wife over my shoulder & carry her on while the pilot talked to her

way to hold the fort down booz. I couldn't argue with johnny anymore on an empty stomach. want me to take over or can you go a few more posts :)

:rl: sorry ryno. yer doin great too. no one person can take johnny on for the duration of a 5+ page thread. to say he missed his calling would be a flat out lie :mrgreen:

holy $hit! this whole time I thought I was on Johnny's side??? You mean to tell me I am against him?? he's a lawyer for christ's sake! I ain't edumacated enuff to littygate with him!!

I agree, I have worked in various offices from 6 people to my current job where there are a few thousand people. There isn't much chance I would go to almost any of there funerals. They aren't my family and I wouldn't want them at my funeral, why would I want to be at theirs?

OK, So if a Floridian Jets fan on this site dies, you're flying to the funeral? Because chances are you have a closer relationship than Hill and Samuel did.

Are you serious? This is becoming comical now. You act like they have never interacted one on in in the four seasons they have been on the team together. They have been in the same lockeroom and been to the same training camps and practices, I have a feeling they were probably a little closer than you're trying to let on.

holy $hit! this whole time I thought I was on Johnny's side??? You mean to tell me I am against him?? he's a lawyer for christ's sake! I ain't edumacated enuff to littygate with him!!

so sorry ryno. when you said what am i chopped liver?, I assumed you were on our side.

I don't actually read yer posts :mrgreen::rl:

Are you serious? This is becoming comical now. You act like they have never interacted one on in in the four seasons they have been on the team together. They have been in the same lockeroom and been to the same training camps and practices, I have a feeling they were probably a little closer than you're trying to let on.

I have now worked with the same people, everyday, for years now. If one of those who sits 10 yards away from me dies tomorrow, I'm not going to the funeral. I hardly know them other than the daily mumble of "hey, how you doin" when we walk past each other.

Maybe you have inside knowledge of Samuel and Hill sipping tea in the locker room or playing domino, but chances are they hardly knew each other.

I agree, I have worked in various offices from 6 people to my current job where there are a few thousand people. There isn't much chance I would go to almost any of there funerals. They aren't my family and I wouldn't want them at my funeral, why would I want to be at theirs?

I find it hard to believe that if you worked in an office with 6 people and one of them drowned over the weekend, then you would not attend their funeral. Even if that were the case, then I would bet the other 80% would go.

I find it hard to believe that if you worked in an office with 6 people and one of them drowned over the weekend, then you would not attend their funeral. Even if that were the case, then I would bet the other 80% would go.

I wasn\'t friends or even aquaintences outside of work with them. I did my job and barely even talked to them. Yeah, maybe 80 percent of people would go see them, but that isn\'t 100%.

I wasn\'t friends or even aquaintences outside of work with them. I did my job and barely even talked to them. Yeah, maybe 80 percent of people would go see them, but that isn\'t 100%.

I was implying that if the other four people thought it was a good idea, then, perhaps, it would be the correct thing to do, but you are who you are, man. I am not trying to criticize you personally. I just feel in order to truly play with the team mentality, one would certainly be obligated to pay respects to a fellow teammate.

I was implying that if the other four people thought it was a good idea, then, perhaps, it would be the correct thing to do, but you are who you are, man. I am not trying to criticize you personally. I just feel in order to truly play with the team mentality, one would certainly be obligated to pay respects to a fellow teammate.

Not everyone plays with a team mentality, even in pro sports, i wouldn\'t say that even half of players have a team first approach.

I wouldn\'t want to show up at a funeral where none of the family would even know who I was. I see no point in that, I barely know these people. I wouldn\'t attend a funeral for my neighbors either, and I knew them alot more than I knew my coworkers.

Its like the coworkers going out and getting a drink after work, hey, if you want to go, that is great, but not everyone does. The last thing I want to do is spend even extra time with coworkers that I have already been with for 9-10 straight hours a day.

Not everyone plays with a team mentality, even in pro sports, i wouldn\'t say that even half of players have a team first approach.

I wouldn\'t want to show up at a funeral where none of the family would even know who I was. I see no point in that, I barely know these people. I wouldn\'t attend a funeral for my neighbors either, and I knew them alot more than I knew my coworkers.

Its like the coworkers going out and getting a drink after work, hey, if you want to go, that is great, but not everyone does. The last thing I want to do is spend even extra time with coworkers that I have already been with for 9-10 straight hours a day.

Did you by chance ever attend a party and with the help of two comrades tackle a belligerent man with a water pistol that was threatening to shoot everyone in the room?

Man everyone can always count on you to have their back. Thanks ShoBilly!

:)

hey booz did you notice the ****stirrers left this thread about 4 pages ago & left us to clean up after them? plus I almost got beat up by one of our own in the process, not to mention I unknowingly praised the enemy. i'm gettin too old fer this $hit man. gonna have to hang em up soon

Archived