Assante Samuel situation

faba

A man that does not attend the funeral of a teammate is a piece of sh*t, period. We are talking about honor, integrity and "doing the right thing." When he takes the field as a Patriot, sometime this year, I for one will boo loudly.

It is your right to choose if you wish to or wish not to attend a funeral. He isn't a piece of **** person, he is a lousy teammate, maybe, by not attending, but that does not mean the he is a piece of **** person. We don't know why he didn't go, it could be personal reasons or maybe he was too upset, who knows, and who really cares because it is his personal decision.

Call him a lousy teammate if you wish, but, don't call him a lousy person.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A man that does not attend the funeral of a teammate is a piece of sh*t, period. We are talking about honor, integrity and "doing the right thing." When he takes the field as a Patriot, sometime this year, I for one will boo loudly.

curious whats the parking fee for that horse anyway at the home games?

Sorry JW but IMO, there are very few real good excuses to miss something like this. Now if his wife were giving birth or he had a death in the immediate family those are understandable but there really isn't any other excuse he could give that would work. Judging by his comments concerning his contract I have little doubt that he thought this would be a good way to "show the front office". Somehow I don't think his teammates are going to see it that way.

I highly doubt this had little if anything to do with his contract situation... the paper tried to spin it that way and you took the bait.

Yea so im a piece of sh*t because I never went to my best friends funeral because I could not deal with seeing him DEAD in a CASKET? STFU already...

You should already know it's a sin to Judge... So in my eyes your the piece of shhit.

Sorry JW but IMO, there are very few real good excuses to miss something like this. Now if his wife were giving birth or he had a death in the immediate family those are understandable but there really isn't any other excuse he could give that would work. Judging by his comments concerning his contract I have little doubt that he thought this would be a good way to "show the front office". Somehow I don't think his teammates are going to see it that way.

What if he missed a flight? What if a family member is sick? What if he's sick? What if he has a past with funerals and couldn't bring himself to go? What if what if what if what if. You don't know.

It is your right to choose if you wish to or wish not to attend a funeral. He isn't a piece of **** person, he is a lousy teammate, maybe, by not attending, but that does not mean the he is a piece of **** person. We don't know why he didn't go, it could be personal reasons or maybe he was too upset, who knows, and who really cares because it is his personal decision.

Call him a lousy teammate if you wish, but, don't call him a lousy person.

Seriously I dont understand how people can call him a POS for not going to a funeral... its ridiculous... if the man doesnt want to be there to watch his teammate go 6 feet under he doesnt have to.

The mighty Garb chastizing someone she doesn't know for committing an act for which she knows no context??? Garb? Couldn't be.

:roll:

Beats lying about getting a playoff ticket at the last minute for cost. :P

I find it sad as hell that selfish reasons would prevent ANYONE from doing the right thing. You see, sometimes doing the right thing is really uncomfortable.

This world is going to hell in a handbasket and it's going quick.

Nobody really knows how another man takes another mans loss... You dont know how many times he has seen a dead person, it's not a pretty site. No1 knows how he feels. Back off already.

Whoa, I certainly respect your position.

I agree funerals are not easy, and I have seen my fair share, but you do not have to view the body and I doubt this was an open casket gig anyhow. My statements are based on the report that began this thread, which implies that Samual did not attend the funeral b/c of his displeasure with the NE organization, and, thus, my stating he is a scumbag. I cannot preface every statement with "well if he did not go b/c of contractual issues, then..." Look if it turns out that Samual's homeboy drowned when he was younger, then I would understand, but I think you are giving this guy entirely too much credit.

To be entirely honest though, I could care less how this POS feels! This funeral was not about him and his feelings. It was about showing respect for the man he called teammate and supposedly went to war with...

Just so you can see it again.

I saw it the first time. Not my problem. I do find it interesting though - other people on this thread post the same sentiments as I, yet they are okay. Not that I give a sh*t - just means that my words carry some clout. LOL!

case in point. the author has done his job. samuels is labeled accordingly.

i'm a fan of human nature & think his reasons were more than front office related for not attending.

I'm gonna go out on a limb & say that if gay or wilson died he'd be there.

Beats lying about getting a playoff ticket at the last minute for cost. :P

I find it sad as hell that selfish reasons would prevent ANYONE from doing the right thing. You see, sometimes doing the right thing is really uncomfortable.

This world is going to hell in a handbasket and it's going quick.

Hahahahahahahahaha. And you'll be saved.... I'm sure.

Incredible. Thank god joebaby did the legwork and added those pictures in the dictionary next to "PRETENTIOUS"

I saw it the first time. Not my problem. I do find it interesting though - other people on this thread post the same sentiments as I, yet they are okay. Not that I give a sh*t - just means that my words carry some clout. LOL!

I think they just like me better than you Garb. :P

Hahahahahahahahaha. And you'll be saved.... I'm sure.

Incredible. Thank god joebaby did the legwork and added those pictures in the dictionary next to "PRETENTIOUS"

:rolleyes:

You and Gainzo win, Alk! These things like you! Awesome dude.

Whoa, I certainly respect your position.

I agree funerals are not easy, and I have seen my fair share, but you do not have to view the body and I doubt this was an open casket gig anyhow. My statements are based on the report that began this thread, which implies that Samual did not attend the funeral b/c of his displeasure with the NE organization, and, thus, my stating he is a scumbag. I cannot preface every statement with "well if he did not go b/c of contractual issues, then..." Look if it turns out that Samual's homeboy drowned when he was younger, then I would understand, but I think you are giving this guy entirely too much credit.

To be entirely honest though, I could care less how this POS feels! This funeral was not about him and his feelings. It was about showing respect for the man he called teammate and supposedly went to war with...

Thats how they want us (the fans) to view it... but your mistaken....

This is just a job for these guys... they go to work and go home to their family

Have you been to every single person you have ever worked with's funeral? Remeber right now Samuel isnt even a Patriot... he has no contract... that is like saying if someone from an old job died... you should fly across the country to see their funeral.

This is what I do not understand:

He is guaranteed 7-something million dollars as a franchised player. This pay increase nets to about 6.5 million dollars. So, he fears that he will be tagged next year? Which will net him what? Another 4 million increase? What am I missing here? He's good, but he's not Champ Bailey. Not even close. Get a grip, Asante. I say let him rot on his couch 'till game 10.

hmmmmm I was privy to the minutes of the last moderator meeting & there is talk of faba adding "except alk" to the end of his sig. i'm just sayin ;)

:lol: faba loves me. He is like my spiritual advisor.

This is what I do not understand:

He is guaranteed 7-something million dollars as a franchised player. This pay increase nets to about 6.5 million dollars. So, he fears that he will be tagged next year? Which will net him what? Another 4 million increase? What am I missing here? He's good, but he's not Champ Bailey. Not even close. Get a grip, Asante. I say let him rot on his couch 'till game 10.

So he should take the money this year and just not worry about his future?

What if he gets injured?

What if he just wants some job security because he feels he has earned it based on the fact that most other NFL teams would gladly hand him a long term deal?

For him to just shut up and take his franchise deal would make him and his agent TERRIBLE businessmen...

This is his career, he is trying to do what is best for him.. not you. He wants a long term deal because quite frankly, according to the rest of the NFL he is worth it... he just had the unfortunate luck of ending up with the stingy Patriots.

Some people just hate going to funerals...

I'm one of those people. I hate going to them. I prefer to have the last image I remember of them being alive doing something they enjoyed as opposed to them being motionless in a casket.

Thats how they want us (the fans) to view it... but your mistaken....

You do not know his motives any more than I do...this is a two way street.

This is just a job for these guys... they go to work and go home to their family

I take work home with me. It is not "just a job" when 53 guys are out on a battle field risking their necks. These guys are supposed to be tight. At least tight enough that if one should fall, the others are there in support. I would venture to bet every last one of the Jets players would have attended Dennis B's funeral had he past from his accident.

Have you been to every single person you have ever worked with's funeral? Remeber right now Samuel isnt even a Patriot... he has no contract... that is like saying if someone from an old job died... you should fly across the country to see their funeral.

He is not even a season removed from playing with this team, man. Contracts are not what obligate a person to attend funerals.

I'm one of those people. I hate going to them. I prefer to have the last image I remember of them being alive doing something they enjoyed as opposed to them being motionless in a casket.

I always (reluctantly) go to funerals for my family... hell I even had a speech (who knows how I made it through that) at the last one for my Great Grandmother... but when it comes to close friends or distant relatives... I choose to bail out sometimes...

Like you said... I really would much rather remember them alive, than in the ground.

You do not know his motives any more than I do...this is a two way street.

I take work home with me. It is not "just a job" when 53 guys are out on a battle field risking their necks. These guys are supposed to be tight. At least tight enough that if one should fall, the others are there in support. I would venture to bet every last one of the Jets players would have attended Dennis B's funeral had he past from his accident.

He is not even a season removed from playing with this team, man. Contracts are not what obligate a person to attend funerals.

I dont think this was about his contract... I dont think he is very close with the guy and doesnt want to attend a funeral...

To be honest we will never know more than what the media send spinning at us...

Archived