Assante Samuel situation

faba

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, that's a pretty scumbag move to not even show up for your teammates funeral. All in the name of money too. F#ck it, trade his a$$ to the Raiders.

Could not agree more. He's guaranteed 7 million being tagged - but noooooooooooo, a 6.5 million dollar pay raise 'aint enough for this guy. Marquis Hill was known to spend much of his hard earned money on helping rebuild homes in the wake of Katrina....Asante wants a new grill. Phuck him. Rot on your couch 'till game 10. Move Wilson to corner.

Could not agree more. He's guaranteed 7 million being tagged - but noooooooooooo, a 6.5 million dollar pay raise 'aint enough for this guy. Marquis Hill was known to spend much of his hard earned money on helping rebuild homes in the wake of Katrina....Asante wants a new grill. Phuck him. Rot on your couch 'till game 10. Move Wilson to corner.

I have always wondered how Wilson would work out at CB considering that was his natural position in college. I think I would move Hobbs to #1 corner with James playing opposite of him. Then rotate Gay and Wilson in at Nickel.

It's funny, every year I have to listen to how the Pats win with class and with upstanding classy players. But then like clockwork every year there's one of these high and mighty upstanding players acting like a child and demanding to be traded. Interesting.

To not show up for the funeral-I hope there was some good reason to not at least show your respect.

I respect the fact that respect shows up in all yer posts & yer sig even ends with respect

respectfully, joewilly

the media should be sued if in fact he had a very legit reason for missing the funeral. the article sure implies that his reason was team related & it sucks for him if it was for another reason

It's funny, every year I have to listen to how the Pats win with class and with upstanding classy players. But then like clockwork every year there's one of these high and mighty upstanding players acting like a child and demanding to be traded. Interesting.

I think that's been the misconception.. The Patriots have not been built on "character" guys but instead on team players. Guys like Rodney Harrison, Richard Seymour, Asante Samuel, Tedy Bruschi, Corey Dillon and now Randy Moss and Brandon Merriweather can HARDLY be considered "character guys".

Samuel out of picture: No deal, no minicamp

By Karen Guregian

Boston Herald General Sports Reporter and Columnist

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 - Updated: 01:46 AM EST

BOLTON -

the media should be sued if in fact he had a very legit reason for missing the funeral. the article sure implies that his reason was team related & it sucks for him if it was for another reason

She should be fired for referring to her City as "BOLTON"; however, the Patsies should BOLT ON this scumbag SOB. He is obviously not a team guy whatsoever. MH has been portrayed as a true stand-up individual by his other teammates and this guy does not even show up to pay his respects; disgusting...

not attending a teammate's funeral is horrendous and is emblematic of the me-first attitude in professional sports and the society at large and it shows how stupid he is. what better way to continue to stand your ground (i.e. not showing up to practice) but to also show that you're a reasonable person who honors and respects his teammates by showing up to the funeral? not showing up probably torpedoed his shot at a deal.

although, if they eventually reach a deal they'll issue a release saying that he couldn't show up because of yadda yadda to prevent the fans from booing his ass.

not attending a teammate's funeral is horrendous and is emblematic of the me-first attitude in professional sports and the society at large and it shows how stupid he is. what better way to continue to stand your ground (i.e. not showing up to practice) but to also show that you're a reasonable person who honors and respects his teammates by showing up to the funeral? not showing up probably torpedoed his shot at a deal.

although, if they eventually reach a deal they'll issue a release saying that he couldn't show up because of yadda yadda to prevent the fans from booing his ass.

I think that Kraft flew them down as a team and might not have offered Samuel the opportunity to join. I haven't seen any indication that Brady was there, though I assume he was since they said "almost the entire Patriots team". He should have gone, but I tend to think this is irrelevant in terms of a deal. It's not a good thing, but probably not that big a deal. How many of us missed the funeral of a co-worker (or former co-worker) that we really should have attended? Especially since it was in New Orleans and Samuel is in _____________ fill in the blank.

I think that Kraft flew them down as a team and might not have offered Samuel the opportunity to join. I haven't seen any indication that Brady was there, though I assume he was since they said "almost the entire Patriots team". He should have gone, but I tend to think this is irrelevant in terms of a deal. It's not a good thing, but probably not that big a deal. How many of us missed the funeral of a co-worker (or former co-worker) that we really should have attended? Especially since it was in New Orleans and Samuel is in _____________ fill in the blank.

There was some quote from the Patriots spokesman. When asked how many players would be attending he said something like. For preseason games we use five buses and for regular season we use four. Lets put it this way, we're using five buses. Regardless of whether he was offered a ticket or not, that is incredibly $hitty for him to just not show up. Oh that's right, what was I thinking. $7.9 million NEVER would have got him a flight to Louisiana.

First of all, why should he go to these mini camps? He is not under contract with the NE Patriots, why risk injury as an unsigned player?

As for the funeral, I doubt the ENTIRE roster went... of course they point out this one player...

If he doesn't want to go to the funeral, he doesn't have to... we don't know how close he was to the guy... a nice phone call to the family would do just fine. Some people just hate going to funerals...

This guy is trying to make as much money as he can in his career, no reason to hate him for it.

There was some quote from the Patriots spokesman. When asked how many players would be attending he said something like. For preseason games we use five buses and for regular season we use four. Lets put it this way, we're using five buses. Regardless of whether he was offered a ticket or not, that is incredibly $hitty for him to just not show up. Oh that's right, what was I thinking. $7.9 million NEVER would have got him a flight to Louisiana.

I usually agree with the "this is just their occupation" scenario that you could easily equate to a typical office situation, but in this instance, I do not think it applies. These guys are a team in the truest sense of the word, in fact, they are the epitome of the word. So, if a former teammate dies, you have to be there, regardless of the circumstances. I have not read any reports on the funeral, but I would venture to bet many of his past teammates were there along with the NE players. I would agree that this likely and unfortunately does not affect the contract negotiations, but I would like to think that it would affect team chemistry somewhat. Nonetheless, I could not imagine a scenario where one of my co-workers died tragically and I did not attend their funeral.

First of all, why should he go to these mini camps? He is not under contract with the NE Patriots, why risk injury as an unsigned player?

As for the funeral, I doubt the ENTIRE roster went... of course they point out this one player...

If he doesn't want to go to the funeral, he doesn't have to... we don't know how close he was to the guy... a nice phone call to the family would do just fine. Some people just hate going to funerals...

This guy is trying to make as much money as he can in his career, no reason to hate him for it.

I think you're probably the first person to even mention the mini camp, that's not even the issue. As far as the funeral, maybe not EVERY player attended but I guarantee all but ONE player on last years starting unit was there. This was a $hithead move any way you slice it. My only hope is we trade him to what turns out to be the worst team in the NFL this season. F#ck him.

I usually agree with the "this is just their occupation" scenario that you could easily equate to a typical office situation, but in this instance, I do not think it applies. These guys are a team in the truest sense of the word, in fact, they are the epitome of the word. So, if a former teammate dies, you have to be there, regardless of the circumstances. I have not read any reports on the funeral, but I would venture to bet many of his past teammates were there along with the NE players. I would agree that this likely and unfortunately does not affect the contract negotiations, but I would like to think that it would affect team chemistry somewhat. Nonetheless, I could not imagine a scenario where one of my co-workers died tragically and I did not attend their funeral.

Generally, I agree, but it happens. I've got a huge family full of old people. I've missed some a funeral or two, or only attended the wake and not the funeral. It can happen without the person being a scumbag, though it's certainly possible the guy is just a scumbag.

I think you're probably the first person to even mention the mini camp, that's not even the issue. As far as the funeral, maybe not EVERY player attended but I guarantee all but ONE player on last years starting unit was there. This was a $hithead move any way you slice it. My only hope is we trade him to what turns out to be the worst team in the NFL this season. F#ck him.

:foshizzle:

Man... You cant blame someone for not going to a funeral... Family, Friends, players on your team... You dont know how many people he seen growing up who got killed, died, or past-away... You dont know how another man takes another mans death.

I know I have been to over 10 of em in my life and I reached my breaking point in 04 when my best friend got shot and past. Did I go? no because I dont deal with seeing loved ones in a casket 2 well. I shut down for a good 2-3 months and still think about all the friends I lost when I go to sleep and it's not good when you wake up in cold swets from knightmares.

No1 has the right to judge why he aint go.

your more ****ed up than he is in your thinking... if he doesnt want to go see someones dead body laid out... he doesnt have to...

not everyone goes to funerals...

Generally, I agree, but it happens. I've got a huge family full of old people. I've missed some a funeral or two, or only attended the wake and not the funeral. It can happen without the person being a scumbag, though it's certainly possible the guy is just a scumbag.

I understand it happens and I am not attacking your character by any means, but these guys have the resources to attend a funeral on the moon if they need to and they can rearrange their schedules easier than the layperson in the off-season. It is also different when the cause of death is because of age related difficulties, but this kid was in his early twenties.

I understand it happens and I am not attacking your character by any means, but these guys have the resources to attend a funeral on the moon if they need to and they can rearrange their schedules easier than the layperson in the off-season. It is also different when the cause of death is because of age related difficulties, but this kid was in his early twenties.

Nobody really knows how another man takes another mans loss... You dont know how many times he has seen a dead person, it's not a pretty site. No1 knows how he feels. Back off already.

Nobody really knows how another man takes another mans loss... You dont know how many times he has seen a dead person, it's not a pretty site. No1 knows how he feels. Back off already.

Pretty much... I have cut back on the # of funerals I attend lately... I have missed 2 or 3 that I "should" have gone to...

I just cant handle them...

your more ****ed up than he is in your thinking... if he doesnt want to go see someones dead body laid out... he doesnt have to...

not everyone goes to funerals...

You're absolutely right, he doesn't have to but don't think for a second that I'm in the minority in thinking that he's a $hithead for not going. You thinking that I'm f#cked up in my thinking isn't going to cause me to lose any sleep tonight.

You're absolutely right, he doesn't have to but don't think for a second that I'm in the minority in thinking that he's a $hithead for not going. You thinking that I'm f#cked up in my thinking isn't going to cause me to lose any sleep tonight.

Damn I was hoping for some company in the night crew thread! :lol:

and this is why I hate the media & am thrilled we now have a very tightlipped front office.

because of this article, samuels is being labeled a lowlife scumbag by many here who are jumping to conclusions with no facts as to why he didn't attend. These articles work well cause they lead the sheep into thinking what they want them to think.I think it's ba-a-a-a-ad I'll wait till samuels states a reason for not attending the funeral before I pass judgement based on an article written to garnish attention

A man that does not attend the funeral of a teammate is a piece of sh*t, period. We are talking about honor, integrity and "doing the right thing." When he takes the field as a Patriot, sometime this year, I for one will boo loudly.

and this is why I hate the media & am thrilled we now have a very tightlipped front office.

because of this article, samuels is being labeled a lowlife scumbag by many here who are jumping to conclusions with no facts as to why he didn't attend. These articles work well cause they lead the sheep into thinking what they want them to think.I think it's ba-a-a-a-ad I'll wait till samuels states a reason for not attending the funeral before I pass judgement based on an article written to garnish attention

Great points joewilly.

A man that does not attend the funeral of a teammate is a piece of sh*t, period. We are talking about honor, integrity and "doing the right thing." When he takes the field as a Patriot, sometime this year, I for one will boo loudly.

The mighty Garb chastizing someone she doesn't know for committing an act for which she knows no context??? Garb? Couldn't be.

:roll:

Your a piece of **** for calling him a piece of **** when you dont know **** about the situation...

Your gonna hate a guy based on one article?

Your a piece of work.

Sorry JW but IMO, there are very few real good excuses to miss something like this. Now if his wife were giving birth or he had a death in the immediate family those are understandable but there really isn't any other excuse he could give that would work. Judging by his comments concerning his contract I have little doubt that he thought this would be a good way to "show the front office". Somehow I don't think his teammates are going to see it that way.

Archived