Ocho Cinco can do it all - beats horse in race for charity

Bengals' Johnson beats horse in run for charity

NFL.com wire reports

CINCINNATI (June 9, 2007) -- Chad Johnson got a head start without having to jump offside, and beat his coverage to the goal line again.

The Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver was waiting at the finish line when Restore the Roar arrived at the end of his one-eighth-mile gallop. That's right: Johnson raced a horse and easily won.

Johnson was spotted a 100-meter lead -- roughly about half the distance the horse had to cover in the race for charity. And when it was over, Johnson, as usual, was anything but humble. He sounded ready to take on boxing, basketball and NASCAR.

"Floyd Mayweather, you're next," Johnson said. "I want to fight you. I'd like to take Kobe and LeBron one-on-one. Jeff Gordon, we can take a couple laps. ... Now it's my time to take over the race world."

The 4-year-old colt's jockey, P.J. Cooksey, rode a horse that beat former Bengals receiver Cris Collinsworth in 1993. She sounded more impressed with Johnson's speed.

"He's quick," Cooksey said. "He's a fast man. That was phenomenal. When I looked over at him, all I could see were his legs; they looked like a windmill. He was a blur. I was beat bad."

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2007, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

He already had a huge lead, it would be funny to see how he would fare if they started neck and neck.:box:

exactly....he got a 100 meter headstart in a 200 meter race!

not impressed....but I would love to see him get in the ring with Mayweather! :)

exactly....he got a 100 meter headstart in a 200 meter race!

not impressed....but I would love to see him get in the ring with Mayweather! :)

The one race we'll never see though it would be fun would be a dog versus the horses in the Belmont. As fast as Secretariat was he would not beat a greyhound or most dogs at that distance.

:yawn:

How's that current 4 way tie for last place going?

You got Boston, and then there is everybody else.

Yanks will be fighting it out for 1st place by July...

They will win when it matters the most... and all the winning Boston did in May wont mean ****.

Yanks will be fighting it out for 1st place by July...

They will win when it matters the most... and all the winning Boston did in May wont mean ****.

The Yankees are in a 4 way tie for last place, and Yankee fans are talking trash???

Go find a rotten watermelon rind to hover around, flies.

The Yankees are in a 4 way tie for last place, and Yankee fans are talking trash???

Go find a rotten watermelon rind to hover around, flies.

Yo, momo. The Yankees are in 2nd place all by themselves and have won 6 straight.

Enjoy 2nd class, Mets fan. Go hump a Mr. Met blowup doll while wearing your Piazza jersey & thinking of Omar Minaya.

ocho is a press whore, but you have to respect that he doesn't hide it.

Yankees fans are desperate. At what point do they realize they suck this year? Seriously, the level of denial is at a disturbing level.

Go mets.

Anyone who says they don't like Chad Johnson is really being a stiff a$$... If there is one thing he does, is have fun.

Fact is, the kid likes to have fun, whether or not anyone likes it, he enjoys himself, and is outspoken. What he did was out of charity, and for the benefit of others, but yet he is being called a Press Whore.....

Let him have his fun, he is joking around, stop being a fag and stfu.

and the Mets suck, so far it's 26-2.....

Anyone who says they don't like Chad Johnson is really being a stiff a$$... If there is one thing he does, is have fun.

Fact is, the kid likes to have fun, whether or not anyone likes it, he enjoys himself, and is outspoken. What he did was out of charity, and for the benefit of others, but yet he is being called a Press Whore.....

Maybe we should lay off Randy Moss and T.O. too.

They are just havin' fun.

Maybe we should lay off Randy Moss and T.O. too.

They are just havin' fun.

100% different. Chad Johnson is like Steve Smith. They go out and have fun and put on a good show, but they are hard workers, they do their job, they are a positive team influence, and they rarely ever attract negative media attention.

100% different. Chad Johnson is like Steve Smith. They go out and have fun and put on a good show, but they are hard workers, they do their job, they are a positive team influence, and they rarely ever attract negative media attention.

We are talking about the same Chad Johnson that nearly got in a fistfight with his coach at halftime in a playoff game, right? Is it also the same one that puts a ton of pressure on his team-mates all the time by guaranteeing victory?

Yo, momo. The Yankees are in 2nd place all by themselves and have won 6 straight.

Enjoy 2nd class, Mets fan. Go hump a Mr. Met blowup doll while wearing your Piazza jersey & thinking of Omar Minaya.

What else was in Roger Clemens signing bonus? Cashman give him a rimjob?

Another 12 year old yankee fan bragging about all the championships the yankees won when Abraham Lincoln was president.

Pull up your pants, Jack*ss!

Another 12 year old yankee fan bragging about all the championships the yankees won when Abraham Lincoln was president.

I'm just busting on ya jetmo, relax. And whatever Cashman does for Roger is nobodys business!

He's a press whore and there's nothing wrong with that. Read the post before resorting to name calling and telling people to stfu. You have not, and likely will not, earn the right to say such things on this message board.

Wow, he called me a twelve year old, that's painful.

Especially considering the fact that I am 13.:rolleyes:

If you hate Chad Johnson, you're un-American. Period.

The guy talks, but is funny 110% of the time, backs what he says the majority of the time and is not an a$$hole and is a very good guy who does great things not only on but off the field as well. Hate Terrell Owens and Randy Moss all you want, that is your decision, but hating Chad Johnson is hating a player who up until the No Fun League decided no more 85 end zone celebrations, was making this game a lot more fun each week. And guess what, he still is.

If you hate Chad Johnson, you're un-American. Period.

The guy talks, but is funny 110% of the time, backs what he says the majority of the time and is not an a$$hole and is a very good guy who does great things not only on but off the field as well. Hate Terrell Owens and Randy Moss all you want, that is your decision, but hating Chad Johnson is hating a player who up until the No Fun League decided no more 85 end zone celebrations, was making this game a lot more fun each week. And guess what, he still is.

Much like the television show "Two and a Half Men", I don't find Chad Johnson funny.

Archived