Be fair Yankee Homers...

Jet/BosoxFan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If 2000 is soooo long ago like sox/mets fans would have us believe, than 2004 is the past as well.

Neither WS championship is helping win games in 2007, bottom line. But I'll be damned if I let a mets fan laugh at the Yankees not winning since 2000, considering they havent won in 20 years. I mean, get a reality check SJ. Not to mention, the team the Yankees beat in 2000 was the Mets.

The only fair thing to do is to throw out all history. So yes, the Red Sox 2004 title should not apply. Nor should the Met's NLCS appearance last season, NYY's early playoff exit, and Boston's 3rd place finish.

So let's look at the present, then. The Yankees are 36-38, 11 back of Boston, whereas the Mets are 42-33. I'll be damned if SJ DOES NOT rip on Yankee fans at this point, as I would expect the same treatment from you if the Mets or Red Sox were in the same situation.

By the way, Barton, you were 11 years old, I believe. when the Yankees beat the Mets in 2000.

The only fair thing to do is to throw out all history. So yes, the Red Sox 2004 title should not apply. Nor should the Met's NLCS appearance last season, NYY's early playoff exit, and Boston's 3rd place finish.

So let's look at the present, then. The Yankees are 36-38, 11 back of Boston, whereas the Mets are 42-33. I'll be damned if SJ DOES NOT rip on Yankee fans at this point, as I would expect the same treatment from you if the Mets or Red Sox were in the same situation.

By the way, Barton, you were 11 years old, I believe. when the Yankees beat the Mets in 2000.

Flashback 2 years ago. I dont recall ever posting anything about the Mets when they were in the dumps and the Yankees were flying high. Get real, I only care about the Yankees. I couldnt care less what the mets do, it has no relevance on the Yankees at all.

yeah, basically

Silly comment. I'm from upstate NY and have been a life long Jets fan. I'm not changin just because I move. How about you? R U gonna root for the Broncos if you move to Colorado? Didn't think so.

Flashback 2 years ago. I dont recall ever posting anything about the Mets when they were in the dumps and the Yankees were flying high. Get real, I only care about the Yankees. I couldnt care less what the mets do, it has no relevance on the Yankees at all.

Good for you. BTW your Yanks are now 12 out. :biggrin:

What could be worse than being a Mets or Blosux fan ? Being a Braves fan. How many more times shall that team choke in the playoffs, or have the Yankees pound them into the ground. If I were a Braves fan, I would go Donnie Moore on myself, let alone talk crap.:Nuts:

Good for you. BTW your Yanks are now 12 out. :biggrin:

Thanks for keeping check. I wish I could tell ya how many games the mets are leading by, but I dont give a care because they're the Mets. Even when the Yankees are sucking and the Mets are doing decent, all mets fans want to talk about is the Yankees. Soooooo pathetic.

BTW, its 11.

Archived