Police Picking on Pacman?

nj meadowlands

Looks like Pacman should be able to win this case

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2933641

Lawyer claims deputy said he'd pull over Pacman

ESPN.com news services

Updated: July 12, 2007, 11:28 AM ET

Are the police picking on Pacman? The Nashville lawyer for Adam "Pacman" Jones told The Tennessean that the sheriff's deputy who pulled over the troubled defensive back in Williamson County, Tenn., last month had earlier pledged he'd do just that.

Worrick Robinson said Deputy David Hadley had "made claims in the past that he was going to pull over Adam Jones the first time he got occasion to. That's exactly what he had been bragging about around other people in Williamson County," according to The Tennessean.

According to Williamson County Sheriff Ricky Headley, Hadley saw Jones get into the driver's seat of his orange Lamborghini the night of June 10 and pulled him over because he knew that Jones didn't have a Tennessee driver's license. Jones did have a valid driver's license from Georgia, but was cited for not obtaining a Tennessee license within 30 days of moving to the state.

Headley told the newspaper his department knew Jones didn't have a license because when they investigated a robbery at his home earlier this year, he only presented a Georgia state ID card.

But Robinson said hearsay that Jones didn't have a license did not qualify as the "specific and articulable facts" necessary to initiate a traffic stop, the newspaper reported. Headley told the newspaper that Jones was not cited for having the wrong license plate on the wrong car, as was previously reported.

A hearing on the citations is scheduled for Aug. 10.

so he knew pacman violated the statute to get the TN license, saw him get into the car and drive away, and pulled him over for the violation?

sounds like good police work to me. had the officer let him go, that would be preferential treatment.

first of all, please don't get me wrong. I think Pac Man is a complete fool and will end up behind bars real soon.....which is where he belongs. But.........

Good police work?? Are you freaking kidding??? Sounds like an absolute waste of valuable resources. Ummmm, maybe spend time investigating true crimes or looking for excessive speeders....I don't know, anything else but looking for a D/L technicality. I think that cop should be fired.

The guy sounds ljke Barney Phife. Reminds me of an episode I saw the other day when Andy left Barney in charge for 8 hours. When Andy returned the entire town was locked up for petty rules that were broken.

first of all, please don't get me wrong. I think Pac Man is a complete fool and will end up behind bars real soon.....which is where he belongs. But.........

Good police work?? Are you freaking kidding??? Sounds like an absolute waste of valuable resources. Ummmm, maybe spend time investigating true crimes or looking for excessive speeders....I don't know, anything else but looking for a D/L technicality. I think that cop should be fired.

The guy sounds ljke Barney Phife. Reminds me of an episode I saw the other day when Andy left Barney in charge for 8 hours. When Andy returned the entire town was locked up for petty rules that were broken.

Personally, I think he should have waited a little longer. It said he pulled him over at 8:30pm. He was probably headed to a club, so the cop should have just followed him there and waited. Something was bound to happen to Pacman once he got there :)

Personally, I think he should have waited a little longer. It said he pulled him over at 8:30pm. He was probably headed to a club, so the cop should have just followed him there and waited. Something was bound to happen to Pacman once he got there :)

I was thinking that same exact thought. I just forgot to write it. But so true. Without a doubt there would have been some true illegal activity going on in no time!

Now we all know who Deputy Hadley is. He accomplished what he wanted to.

If your suggesting the Officer arrested him for his own publicity,

I must remind you Officer Hadley wil still be only one of 300 to arrest PACMAN in the last month or so :P

I don't see how bragging you'll arrest someone when they commit a crime is a bad thing, I thought that was their job as cops.

exactly. and there is nothing wrong with keeping the pressure on a numbskull like pacman. maybe if he knows the cops are ready to pounce he'll be detered from anymore thug turd behavior.

exactly. and there is nothing wrong with keeping the pressure on a numbskull like pacman. maybe if he knows the cops are ready to pounce he'll be detered from anymore thug turd behavior.

True, but that doesn't mean he won't be able to do away with this case rather easily, like I think he might be able to.

or too many thug turds :confused:

Yes, Pacman was pulled over for good reason. Anyone who doesn't change their drivers license within 30 days of moving to a new state is a threat to the free world. Every county, city and town should have officers stake out these idividuals. Screw drug dealers, lets deal with the real problems.

Great point.

:rolleyes:

Curtis Martin is a non-entity because he lived a good and clean life. Just thought I'd throw in a black man's class act. And, his mother wasn't nice to him. And, his drive was to take care of her when she was never nice to him. I'm thinking he was a bad example.

If your suggesting the Officer arrested him for his own publicity,

I must remind you Officer Hadley wil still be only one of 300 to arrest PACMAN in the last month or so :P

Sorry but I hate it when people feel they have to "add" numbers to statistics for the point of making a joke. The actual figure was 287 cops NOT 300 :bag: . ;)

Yes, Pacman was pulled over for good reason. Anyone who doesn't change their drivers license within 30 days of moving to a new state is a threat to the free world. Every county, city and town should have officers stake out these idividuals. Screw drug dealers, lets deal with the real problems.

Great point.

:rolleyes:

A tail light out isnt a threat to society either, but police use these VALID offenses to pull over people that they feel are a threat to the local population,,aka ever see COPS. Pacman sure isnt a benefit to the local population..:P

liberals.jpg

I can beleive that the police target people . In the bronx I got arrested for Bull**** and I went to court and made the arresting officer look like a dick. I got aquitted and the judge singled out the officer and made him stay after they released the court room. Later I had a total of 6 run in's with that same cop. Ultimatley I had to file a greavence with the civil liberties and Luckily enough one of my very good freids was a former lutenient in The N.Y.P.D. and he filed the greavence with me and that cop lost his job! Its not out of the question to think a cop's not going to violate your rights to get the collar!

A tail light out isnt a threat to society either, but police use these VALID offenses to pull over people that they feel are a threat to the local population,,aka ever see COPS. Pacman sure isnt a benefit to the local population..:P

liberals.jpg

Right, but in theory they shouldn't be staking out certain individuals unless they have very good reason (ie: they have info that the person is carrying a large amount of drugs or a body in the trunk). Pulling someone over for a tail light is one thing - but staking him out because of something inside his wallet that you believe is not correct is another. Also I never miss an episode of cops and I think about 90% of the cops on there do a great job - but there are about 10% that don't and this guy is one of them.

Nobody cares if he's a bad cop, people only care when it happens to them or a celebrity they like. I don't think Pacman is going to lose a lot of sleep over a small fine for an infraction. It's not like gunshots were fired, and I don't think he was sent to jail or anything.

I got a $10 citation once for something really dumb, but I didn't even think it was worth fighting it so I just paid it and got what I needed to done so that I couldn't get that citation again (I had to get my windshield replaced because of a crack, and didn't have my registration anymore on the window).

Archived