Cowher coming to NY in 2008?

rick34125

NFL Gridiron Gab

Bettis: Cowher Will Coach the Giants in 2008

Posted by Matt Loede

Former Steelers and future Hall of Fame running back Jerome Bettis is once again speaking his mind on former head coach Bill Cowher, and this time he is making a prediction on where Cowher will coach in 2008. Speaking on NFL’s Total Access on Thursday, Bettis stated that he thinks Cowher will coach in 2008 in the Big Apple.

“He’ll be coaching next year, and I really think he’ll be coaching in New York,” Bettis said. “That’s just my take on it and thinking about the type of teams that he fits in good with, I think the Giants is definitely one.” Many may remember that Bettis made headlines last season as a part of NBC’s Football Night in America crew when he said early in the year that 2006 would be Cowher’s last year in Pittsburgh. He was right.

But will Cowher really be the Giants coach next season? It could happen, as many already have current Giants coach Tom Coughlin pegged as a coach on the hot seat. Other teams that Cowher has already been linked to include the Washington Redskins, Cleveland Browns and Carolina Panthers. Cowher will have plenty of chances to speak out for himself, as this season he will be a part of the studio crew on the NFL Today on CBS.

If Bettis is right and he seems to know Cowher pretty good that leaves Belichick out. Hmmm... could that mean BB will be staying on in New England for a while? :ahhh: Check out the link above for a short podcast of Bettis' comments.

Nobody in their right mind would leave the Pats job for the Giants. Belichick may be crazy, but he's not stupid. Going from Brady to Eli would be professional suicide. Personally, I don't see any reason (other than a boatload of $$) he should want to return to the Giants? What did they ever do for him? Seems like Big Bill got all the pub and good will from that gig. I don't even think his little gf works there anymore.

Nobody in their right mind would leave the Pats job for the Giants. Belichick may be crazy, but he's not stupid. Going from Brady to Eli would be professional suicide. Personally, I don't see any reason (other than a boatload of $$) he should want to return to the Giants? What did they ever do for him? Seems like Big Bill got all the pub and good will from that gig. I don't even think his little gf works there anymore.

Am I missing something here? Bettis was talking about Bill Cowher, not Bill Belly

If Bettis is right and he seems to know Cowher pretty good that leaves Belichick out. Hmmm... could that mean BB will be staying on in New England for a while? :ahhh: Check out the link above for a short podcast of Bettis' comments.

Am I missing something here? Bettis was talking about Bill Cowher, not Bill Belly

AFJ, I was referring the comment above. Not Bettis. I could see Cowher coming to the Giants with a blank check, but there are probably places I'd rather go.

over-shadow the Jets publicity -wise! ( Unless we win the SB!) I like Coach Chin but NOT in NY err NJ with the Giants! IMO he could turn that underachieving team around quickly. However, I liked COUGHLIN when he was with Jax and thought he would fix what ails the Giants. I will give him one more year!

But in essence, I do not care a darn about the GIAINTS! I am a Jets fan!

AFJ, I was referring the comment above. Not Bettis. I could see Cowher coming to the Giants with a blank check, but there are probably places I'd rather go.

You put it kindly....I probably would have gone with "yes dumbass, you are missing something here";)

Even if he were to come to the Giants it would still mean the team was a few years off.

It also took him something like 10 years to win a championship with the Steelers, so not sure he is going to be able to turn the Gints around in anything less. :)

BZ

Even if he were to come to the Giants it would still mean the team was a few years off.

It also took him something like 10 years to win a championship with the Steelers, so not sure he is going to be able to turn the Gints around in anything less. :)

BZ

he got them to the superbowl in his second year, he just happened to run into one of the best teams in the past 20 years.

Archived