How will this Jets team be next season?

Lets all please forget about the Patriots. It's the off-season and I really wanna hear from other Jet fans about the team we have going into the season. I also hope that our pre-season games shows a little of what we have in our young players like Kellen, Revis, Harris, even Brick and Leon.

-How will the Offense line be with Brick and Mangold as 2nd year players on the O-Line? Who in my eyes should have improved from thier Rookie seasons. When we drafted Mangold Ill be honest, I was like Who? But I'm honestly glad we have Mangold to hold down the O-Line for years to come. Peace out Kevin.

-How will Leon do behind a proven work-horse in Thomas Jones? I was amazed to see what he did running alongside other RB's in Barlow and Blaylock.

-How do you all feel about T.Jones? Will he be a good back with Chad as the QB and this Jets O-Line?

-Anyone feel that C.Baker may have a break out seasons now that Mangini and the coaching staff knows what they have in Baker?

-For the Jet fans on this site who FOLLOW NCAA Football, What do you all think in D.Revis? For example I would but Champ and Deon Sanders in the same category as "Shut Down" Corners. What do we really have in Revis? A player taken to high or a player with great potential?

-Anyone feel that C.Baker may have a break out seasons now that Mangini and the coaching staff knows what they have in Baker?

This is Baker's 5th season. Mangini knew what he had in Baker last year. Vince freaking Lombardi couldn't sqeeze any more talent out of this guy.

But please, I hope I am proven wrong.

Just don't mix the two and you should be all set :P

As a poster who has mixed the two, i have to agree with gainzo. You come to a board with a lot of strange comments in your inbox, and even stranger posts. Although it is sort of funny to re-read.

As for J-E-T-S? I got us at the same win total as last year, and winning the first playoff game against someone like the Jags, or Ravens.

Thomas and ellis will lead the team in sacks at about 6 each. Vilma will have a similar season, and Harris will outplay revis but revis will still be considered decent going into his sophmore comaign.

those are the predictions.

:pats:

Next year.

The Jets will be coming off a 9-7 season in which once again they made the playoffs. They will be ready for a Super Bowl Run in 08.

Clemens will be the starting QB at the beginning of the 08 season (I will be completely shocked if Pennington makes it through this season). I think Clemens will finish this season for the Jets better than Romo finished last season for the Cowboys.

D'Brick will reach his full potential and be going into the season as the best young LT in the game.

Mangold will make the pro-bowl in 07 and be acknowledged as the steal of the 06 draft.

L. Washington will continue to develop into an excellent 3rd down and situational back.

Revis will be coming off a good year in which he learned much -- first as the nickel corner and then by week 8 or so as the full time corner. His punt returning will be his biggest contribution in 07, but he will be ready in 08 to become a very good corner.

Harris will have seen less PT than most here expect this season, but will be fully prepared to step into a full time starters roll.

The defense as a whole will see a lot of change. Hobson and Barton will be gone (replaced fully in 08 by Harris and Bowens).

Jonathan Vilma will have solid season in 07 recording 125 tackles, 2 sacks and 3 picks (this is a solid season btw for an inside in the 3-4) but will make it clear to the Jets that he does not want to be a Jet in 08 (system hurts his numbers and his pay day). The Jets will trade him for picks which they will use to secure the O and D Lines for the future.

The Jets will use their cap room to sign either the biggest name DL FA or LB FA they can find and actually field and younger and stronger D in 08 despite all the personell changes.

Jets offense should be better. Jones was a good pick up. Passing game was already good. Did NY get a TE yet? IIRC, thats still a weak area. Mangold and Ferguson were 2 nice picks last year.

Another season in the 3 - 4 cant hurt. I dont watch every Jet game, but I assume they switch in and out of the 4 - 3 and 3 - 4 like _ _. Mangini did just a great job last season, but will have to do an even better job this year IMO. All the schemes from 06 have been studied to death and teams will be waiting for NY this year. And, this seasons schedule is more difficult.

Expectations are obviously very high. And, deserving so after Herpy Edwards. He is a blathering Idiot. NY could make the playoffs or not be as good as last season. Its a tough call.

When _ _ run is over, it wouldnt bother me in the least to see NYJ win the SB.

Archived