Lawngnome O-Line's TC Report 7/27 Morning Practice

lawngnome o-line

Lawngnome O-line Camp Report

Morning Practice 7/27/07

The sun was beating down on the crowded bleachers as many anticipated fans came out to see what the Jets looked like coming off their successful year last year. The buzz around Hofstra was definitely contagious as Jet fans young and old came out critiquing and complimenting all things Jets.

The practice consisted of various drills, from 11 v 11 drills, 7 v 7 drills, LB vs RB/FB pass protection drills, oline/dline drills, and a few kickoff and field goal team drills. In total the practice lasted around 2 hours.

There are a few things to note:

The QB debate should be shut down now as Chad definitely looked the most comfortable out there. He definitely understood the offense the best and mixed some dump offs with some deeper routes. He threw one ball to Coles that went 45 yards in the air and right into his hands----only for Coles to drop it. As the ball went up the crowd got excited and let out a groan in unison as Coles had the ball go off his hands and to the ground.

In the 7 v 7 Drills, both Washington and Tuiasosopo fumbled one play apart.

In both the 7 v 7 drills as well as the 11 v 11 drills Clemens threw a wobbly ball, which hung up in the air too long. There was one pass intended for McCareins where Kellen eyed the receiever the whole way on a 10 yard out route, and then threw it behind the receiver for an INT to Hank Poteat. An INT like that would definitely get returned for a TD.

Tui looked much better throwing a much harder ball and looked more comfortable in the offense. He threw a 15-20 yard out to Wallace Wright where he threw it before he made his cut. As Wallace turned it hit him square in the numbers. The crowd gave a nice clap/cheer for the execution of that play.

Brad Smith took some snaps at QB, but seemed to have the tendency to leave the pocket rather than stay in. Although he would be a likely option for some trickery, he might have to remember some natural QB tendencies and remain in the pocket and let the receivers run their routes.

For two consecutive plays, Penny threw it to Cotchery and Stuckey for a WR option. Stuckey

Good stuff! Thanks. I hope JoiseyJet is alright.

Did the players run laps if they messed something up? Was anybody sitting it out? I am assuming Chatham and Dwight but everybody else should be good to go for today anyway.

Nice report!

Brad Smith took some snaps at QB, but seemed to have the tendency to leave the pocket rather than stay in. Although he would be a likely option for some trickery, he might have to remember some natural QB tendencies and remain in the pocket and let the receivers run their routes.

My impression was he wasnt seeing downfield well and was over-hesitant to pull the trigger on throwing the ball downfield. Then, after his WRs ran the route and he didnt find them, he bolted from the pocket.

I'm guessing the Leon puking was after his fumble....I was watching the practice....kinda wish I did now.

Yeah I heard he fumbled... ran his lap... then puked... there is a picture of Chad checking up on him...

Yeah I heard he fumbled... ran his lap... then puked... there is a picture of Chad checking up on him...

Yeah, he fumbled on a handoff exchange, and the next play CP fumbled the snap from center. Isht happens. overall, it was a crisp practice i thought.

Archived