Jets apparently are interested in Simeon Rice

Kentucky Jet

Simeon Rice-DL- Buccaneers Jul. 28 - 4:36 pm et

In addition to the Titans and Giants, the Jets have reportedly shown interest in free agent defensive end Simeon Rice.

Rice could play with his hand up in the Jets' 3-4 defense. The Redskins and Lions may also be in the market for the 33-year-old rusher if he's healthy.

Source: Yahoo Sports

Related: Jets

I live in St.Pete which is 10 mins away from Tampa. I may hate the Bucs but if the Jets were to sign S.Rice we would have one hell of a D-Line with Rice, Robertson, and Ellis.

Yes S.Rice is getting older but he can stuff the run and get after the QB... I know some may be sold on Hamilton but I pray we get Rice.

Getting Rice is one thing but I don't think anyone on here is sold on Bobby Hamilton.

Simeon Rice at 33 is still better then anyone else we would be plugging in alongside Bryan Thomas at Outside Linebacker and I would hope the Jets would jump at the chance to sign him if he wants to try to play in the 34.

I live in St.Pete which is 10 mins away from Tampa. I may hate the Bucs but if the Jets were to sign S.Rice we would have one hell of a D-Line with Rice, Robertson, and Ellis.

Yes S.Rice is getting older but he can stuff the run and get after the QB... I know some may be sold on Hamilton but I pray we get Rice.

There is no way in hell Simeon Rice will be playing defensive end if he comes here.

Maybe on a rare occurrence in an exotic package. That's about it. The article even says he'd be a linebacker.

There is no way in hell Simeon Rice will be playing defensive end if he comes here.

Maybe on a rare occurrence in an exotic package. That's about it. The article even says he'd be a linebacker.

How many dang linebackers are we going to have? :confused:

We need some more o linemen. Why aren't any the fat asses being released?

We have a lot of bodies at OLB, but that's not what it's about. It's about finding a legit pass rushing threat to complement Bryan Thomas. No one knows if Bowens or Wadsworth is going to supply that, so we might as well throw Simeon Rice into the mix as well. We are just throwing **** at the wall here, hoping something sticks.

Its great to have a lot of Outside Linebacker's but not one of them that we have right now is as good, or has ever been as close to being as good as Simeon Rice. Rice would be a July steal.

Archived