Jets go running!

Kentucky Jet

isn't clarke a lot bigger than kendall as well? 330 or something? maybe not as cagy as the wiley veteren but losing pete may be a good thing at the end of the day. let the new guys grow together

You got it... that left side would be set for years!

isn't clarke a lot bigger than kendall as well? 330 or something? maybe not as cagy as the wiley veteren but losing pete may be a good thing at the end of the day. let the new guys grow together

Clarke is a lot bigger and stronger then Kendall. I saw a photo of Clarke yesterday. The man is a monster and is NOT fat! he is well defined at 330 pounds.

Clarke is a lot bigger and stronger then Kendall. I saw a photo of Clarke yesterday. The man is a monster and is NOT fat! he is well defined at 330 pounds.

I told you guys in the first report!

He is a frickin widebody!

;-)

I was impressed with the OL. They look more advanced than they did at this time last year, and they look to be in pretty good shape. Jones, Clement and Moore all looked smoother during the drills, and they look stronger, too.

Mangold and Brick were able to step out of the spotlight, since they are no longer the rookies everyone is checking out. Adrian Clarke is a frickin wide body and I'll keep an eye on him, too as camp progresses.

this might be why we didn't go after a guard with any of our picks. It still would be nice to have blalock in there at right tackle or RG.

then again, who am i to argue...

this might be why we didn't go after a guard with any of our picks. It still would be nice to have blalock in there at right tackle or RG.

then again, who am i to argue...

I love that quote at the bottom there by Bryan Thomas birthday boy

Mangini really talked up TE Joe Kowalewski today.

He's been having a real good camp, imo.

Good to hear. What makes you say Kowalewski is having a good camp? Blocking? Recieving? Route running? Also, is he playing strictly TE now that they have Barnes or are they using some of the TEs more like H-backs like they did with Ryan last year? I'm wondering how much the h-back/te in the backfield thing is a Schotty plan and how much it was a result of having no FB all of '06.

Good to hear. What makes you say Kowalewski is having a good camp? Blocking? Recieving? Route running?

Yes.

Also, is he playing strictly TE now that they have Barnes or are they using some of the TEs more like H-backs like they did with Ryan last year? I'm wondering how much the h-back/te in the backfield thing is a Schotty plan and how much it was a result of having no FB all of '06.

They are moving a lot of guys around, splitting TEs out wide, etc., just doing a lot of creative stuff to see what works. I think you're correct that having a legit FB is going to free up Schotty some more.

He has had a good camp and will probably survive cuts, but I don't know to what extent he would impact the team. We all ready have Baker and Dearth, so after that you Pocaisk and Kowalewski. I thought last year they were trying to make him in to a Cooley like player; FB/TE. I know in our offense they are close to the same thing.

Can anyone remember that from last year?

He has had a good camp and will probably survive cuts, but I don't know to what extent he would impact the team. We all ready have Baker and Dearth, so after that you Pocaisk and Kowalewski.

And we have Sean Ryan, too.

It's a numbers game, and ST performance could be the difference maker. Of course, dearth has his ST role which guarantees his survival...

It's a numbers game, and ST performance could be the difference maker. Of course, dearth has his ST role which guarantees his survival...

From ManGenious

Joe was one of those guys who showed that weekend that he really belonged. He belonged more so than one of the guys we signed as an undrafted free agent, so we cut one of those guys. He took that contract and then throughout training camp he did a really nice job. He was able to make his way to the practice squad.

This from a report on tonite's practice:

Sean Ryan showed really good hands in 7 on 7 and 11 on 11

Archived