Bryan Thomas promises to pick up where he left off

Kentucky Jet

Thomas Promises to Pick Up Where He Left Off

July 31st

Bryan Thomas has always tried to improve his game in the off-season, dissecting himself on video to see what he did wrong or right on particular plays.

In reviewing last season, he probably found more right than wrong than in any other previous year.

That's why I still have hope for Miller as a CB.

If you remember, his rookie season, Thomas had some stupid things happen to him.

An embarrassing spat with his girlfriend at the airport. Losing about 25 pounds on Mickie D's.

It took him a few years to mature, and now lets see what happens when he has a real DE in front of him.

I'm not saying Coleman is a "great" DE, but I do think he is a guy that's going to have to be blocked, or he will make plays. Kimo was awful

Coleman will tie up guys, so Thomas can make plays.

12+ sacks this season.

That's why I still have hope for Miller as a CB.

If you remember, his rookie season, Thomas had some stupid things happen to him.

An embarrassing spat with his girlfriend at the airport. Losing about 25 pounds on Mickie D's.

It took him a few years to mature, and now lets see what happens when he has a real DE in front of him.

I'm not saying Coleman is a "great" DE, but I do think he is a guy that's going to have to be blocked, or he will make plays. Kimo was awful

12+ sacks this season.

Didn't Thomas play behind Ellis last year not Kimo?

12+ sacks this season.

Right on. I have said it earlier too, it will improve D-Rob's preformance as well. Coleman could be our most valued you addition since he can improve every position on the field, by not being a pile of human waste (ala, Kimo).

Hey Maynard, speaking of Hobson. Does anyone else get tired of Hobson being the most average linebacker in the history of linebackers? He seems to do just enough to stay on the field, but not bad enough to need a replacement. Wish we could fix that.

Hey Maynard, speaking of Hobson. Does anyone else get tired of Hobson being the most average linebacker in the history of linebackers? He seems to do just enough to stay on the field, but not bad enough to need a replacement. Wish we could fix that.

Yes, I agree, Hobson is very erratic. He will make a nice play and then get completely blown out of the next play. I am kind of hoping Bowens can at least supplement his time on the field. Or how about this? Move Barton out to OLB where he belongs and start Harris in the middle now, which will happen sometime anyway. Why trade or cut Barton when Harris is ready? He is better than Hobson. And we could probably get something for Hobson, since he is still young.

Yes, I agree, Hobson is very erratic. He will make a nice play and then get completely blown out of the next play. I am kind of hoping Bowens can at least supplement his time on the field. Or how about this? Move Barton out to OLB where he belongs and start Harris in the middle now, which will happen sometime anyway. Why trade or cut Barton when Harris is ready? He is better than Hobson. And we could probably get something for Hobson, since he is still young.

anyway we can push the guy to play better. Its just been ridiculous to have him starting for what, 4 years now? All this talk about cutting barton (earlier in the offseason) seems foolish since he was doing the best of anyone in the tackling drills and the aditude he brings the defense. i'd like to see the 4 backers go

thomas, barton, vilma, harris/bowens

allow hobson to spell any one of them, (from what i remember he is a smart guy, and would do well at all 4 but not good enough to play one full time, JMO).

I am really excited to see our front three this year, getting the corpse out of there is going to make everyone look better.

Right on. I have said it earlier too, it will improve D-Rob's preformance as well. Coleman could be our most valued you addition since he can improve every position on the field, by not being a pile of human waste (ala, Kimo).

Agreed, As I said Cole won't be a star, but you can bet he has the Tuna's thumb's up.

That means he is a tough dude, and a very hard worker.

Will be tough against the run, with a quick step in the passing game.

Right up there with Thomas as far as off season upgrades go. Will improve the whole D line

anyway we can push the guy to play better. Its just been ridiculous to have him starting for what, 4 years now? All this talk about cutting barton (earlier in the offseason) seems foolish since he was doing the best of anyone in the tackling drills and the aditude he brings the defense. i'd like to see the 4 backers go

thomas, barton, vilma, harris/bowens

allow hobson to spell any one of them, (from what i remember he is a smart guy, and would do well at all 4 but not good enough to play one full time, JMO).

I am really excited to see our front three this year, getting the corpse out of there is going to make everyone look better.

There are actually some people who have tried to defend Kimo's play last year to me. I have been watching football for a long time. In all honesty, he was the worst starting DE I have ever seen. I don't care what he did for the SB Steelers just the year before. I don't care if in the locker room he is a combination of Knute Rockne and Winston Churchill. A pile of dirty rags would be as effective.

There are actually some people who have tried to defend Kimo's play last year to me. I have been watching football for a long time. In all honesty, he was the worst starting DE I have ever seen. I don't care what he did for the SB Steelers just the year before. I don't care if in the locker room he is a combination of Knute Rockne and Winston Churchill. A pile of dirty rags would be as effective.

But the decision is ERIC MANGINI'S and he seems to differ from you re: KIMO. However, IMO ,Coleman will beat him out because he is younger, quicker and stronger. He is also well indoctrinated in the 3-4. The team is looking to win it all in the near future.

I agree, i don't know about the worst ever, i could argue that KGB of the packers is worse, lately anyway. at least kimo wouldn't get beat by going up field on every single play. he would just get run over, which, to his credit, took up a blocker. KGB doesn't even need to get blocked to get out of the way of the ball carrier...either way, kimo sucks.

kentucky- You're right its Mangini's call, i still see him playing as a mistake. He thought he was getting a solid 34 end, but who else did he have to play there? his hands were tied last year. This year he has competition and there is no way on this green earth kimo will start a game in 07.

And that is what really bothers me. Usually Eric and I see eye to eye. On this one, he is wrong.

Oh, so close to coaching perfection ... :)

Mangini likes Kimo for his work ethic, his locker room presence, and his knowledge of the 3-4. If he liked him for his play on the field there wouldn't be 38 DE's on the roster right now.

He won't be here in Sept. unless it's as an asst. coach

No need to cut or trade Barton or Hobson. We need the depth. If a player like Kimo is still on this team...guys like Barton & Hobson more than deserve to stay.

i really don't think we can afford to lost Barton. He brings wayy too much to the table, great tackler, smart as hell, and a great attitude. Lets not forget he's probably better than our child prodigy in Vilma.

hobson came a long way last year. he performed well in the 3/4 last year comparitively speaking. he was in position & seemed to understand the system better than most. I look to see a much improved defensive front 7 this year now that they have a full season of it under their belt

the names hobson & thomas came up a lot last year during games

i really don't think we can afford to lost Barton. He brings wayy too much to the table, great tackler, smart as hell, and a great attitude. Lets not forget he's probably better than our child prodigy in Vilma.

plus md camp reports on Barton have been good so far-remember back in camp '05 when we were getting reports about him being hurt? Nobody knew how much he meant to that defense

plus md camp reports on Barton have been good so far-remember back in camp '05 when we were getting reports about him being hurt? Nobody knew how much he meant to that defense

That's sort of what i'm thinking with him. You can pull numbers on him, and say he's worth this much, or this much, but if you have ever played on a team, or a defense more importantly, some of your best guys are not the ones with the most tackles, or best 40 times. they just get the job done, you can count on them, and the raise the level of the entire team (both offense and defense in some instances).

Archived