5 games out.....

anskyruben

So, the Sux fans excuse for blowing a 14.5 game lead is " strength of schedule" ? O-K;)

The Red Sox lessened of their 14.5 game lead has more to do with the Red Sox not being able to keep up their .700 pace they had earlier in the season and the Yankees ability to play .700 ball since the All-Star break. It's a season of peaks and valleys. We'll see how the Yankees peak in the next few weeks when they play decent teams.

Nice spin job fellas. A 14.5 game lead going to 10 is normal and acceptable because of the fluctuations of a baseball season. Having it drop to 5 is being on the brink of chkoing . Then again, I think that Red Sux fans are used to this by now. They are all pretty much expecting the Yankees to catch their team.

Nice spin job fellas. A 14.5 game lead going to 10 is normal and acceptable because of the fluctuations of a baseball season. Having it drop to 5 is being on the brink of chkoing . Then again, I think that Red Sux fans are used to this by now. They are all pretty much expecting the Yankees to catch their team.

Not really. What we're used to is the Yankees not playing belowe .500 for the majority of the first half of the season. They were bound to turn it on at some point. Let's see if they can keep it up against better teams.

Standings now show 6......be careful of chirping too soon which you obviously are thinking twice about as your words have changed from "blew a 14.5 game lead" to now being on the "brink of choking". The Sox 14.5 game lead has allowed them to withstand injuries to Papi and Schill while waiting for Drew and Lugo to hit.

Nice that the Pedroia kid is hitting a "Melky" like .354 since May 1 with much less fanfare.

Yanks miss CC this series with Cleveland which is good.

Another opportunity wasted to sweep a series. :Irate:

It looked like they basically took the night off. Jeter had a HUGE mental error last night when he went to first instead of going for the DP. So instead of getting out of the third down 6-2, Stairs of course comes up with the base hit scoring two making 8-2 and basically sending me off to HBO to get ready for Hard Knocks.

Welcome to the dog days of August and a tough stretch of games coming up.

Archived