5 games out.....

anskyruben

Can't use that convenient excuse anymore

Jays had won 8 in a row at home before the Yankee Lumber Company made it's way to the SkyDome

Oh, and by the way....the Yanks and Sawx have the exact same schedule, year after year

PPpuuhhlleeaaasseeee!!!!!!

After 162 games, you can say they have played essentially the same schedule. The Yanks have played no contender since the All Star break. The Sox have at least played Cleveland, Seattle and Los Angeles. All of whom are in contention for a division title or playoff spot.

The rest of the month is a good test for the Yanks as discussed in a previous thread.

Same schedule

Did the Sawx have the easy schedule to start the season?

Who knows, but it seems fitting that the Sawx make this once 14.5 game lead interesting

Can't help the best team on the Sox early schedule tanked and spotted them a 14 game lead.

I feel fine. Keep feasting on the great teams you have lately. The roles will be reversed soon.

Like you havn't uped your win total against under .500 teams. Please. These are the same Sox who lost 2 of 3 to Kansas City and have Tampa Bay a dozen more times left in the season. 5 games out with 50 games to go can be made up, but more importantly we're only 1/2 game out of the Wild Card. You will be seeing the Yankees in the postseason after all.

Can't help the best team on the Sox early schedule tanked and spotted them a 14 game lead.

Lets not get confused

It was a 14.5 game lead the Sawx HAD

But lets keep it real, it's not as if we haven't seen this play out the same way before

Like you havn't uped your win total against under .500 teams. Please. These are the same Sox who lost 2 of 3 to Kansas City and have Tampa Bay a dozen more times left in the season. 5 games out with 50 games to go can be made up, but more importantly we're only 1/2 game out of the Wild Card. You will be seeing the Yankees in the postseason after all.

Exactly. While the Yanks only have 6 more with the D-Rays.

The rest of this month will be a true test to see if the Yankees are finally getting their act together or have been feasting on bad teams since the All Star break.

Lets not get confused

It was a 14.5 game lead the Sawx HAD

But lets keep it real, it's not as if we haven't seen this play out the same way before

True.

Same schedule

Did the Sawx have the easy schedule to start the season?

If I remember reading or seeing the stat correctly, the Red Sox had one of the toughest schedules, winning percentage wise, out of anyone before the All-Star break.

124- Of course the Sox have beat the teams they should. They are also fair well enough against the good teams too (5-2 against Cleveland for example). The Yanks haven't even played Detroit yet. We'll see how the chips fall but after this Anaheim series, it's going to get alot easier schedule wise for the Sox. Including no more West Coast trips, and those are killer for any team.

There in one thing I know right now.

You never know

After they finish with Toronto they hit the brutal part of their schedule. Or are they ?

Right now the Tigers are all banged up and are playing probably their worst stretch of baseball this season. Sheff is out. Rogers is out. Zumaya is out (when is he scheduled to come off the DL anyway ?) Maybe it is going to be a tough series or maybe it won't. Maybe the Yanks will beat on the Tigers and gain control of the WC race, maybe the Tigers right the ship. We are going to find out next week.

The Angels ALWAYS give the Yanks fits so it will be interesting to see how they handle them. Maybe Molina gives the Yanks an idea of what the Angels liked to do when they have played in the past.

Like I said. Right now we just don't know. You guys all the said the same thing in 05 when the Yanks got off to a horrific start. Got healthy against some poor teams. "Let's see what they do against some real teams"

They took care of buisness.

So we are going to see. It looks like Pettitte, Moose and Clemens this weekend against the Tribe. Who knows maybe Torre throws Hughes into the fire this weekend as well.

Just curious how the Sux fans are feeling these days ? :Nuts:

Hahahahahaa....was listening to WEEI Boston Sports radio this morning and there was a certain unease in the air. Hahahahahaahaha.....

Take solice, slly RSN members, New England's REAL team will be taking the field soon enough.;)

Hahahahahaa....was listening to WEEI Boston Sports radio this morning and there was a certain unease in the air. Hahahahahaahaha.....

Take solice, slly RSN members, New England's REAL team will be taking the field soon enough.;)

Who is that Boston College Eagles.

Can't use that convenient excuse anymore

Jays had won 8 in a row at home before the Yankee Lumber Company made it's way to the SkyDome

Oh, and by the way....the Yanks and Sawx have the exact same schedule, year after year

I must have missed that series at home against the Pirates.

This Yankee team is fun. Especially with the kid pitchers on the horizon. Maybe they did learn something by losing to the Tigers last year. You don't have to coddle these kids as much as they have done. Sometimes -- talent is just talent.

Now the past few years the Yankees haven't been producing the arms you see now. So that certainly makes a big difference. But the Yankees are fun to watch. Let's not get crazy with the Giambi's and Damon's of the world. Seeing Shelly slide into 2nd base last night was fun. Some would say that the Yankees just showed some passion.

Crazy concept for a bunch of rich guys.

:character0293:

Check out the front page of the Globe's (part owners of the Red Sox) Sports Section. There's a slide show dedicated to "not being worried." Oh, and a discussion board - it's so laughable.

http://boards.boston.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=bc-redsox&tid=33643

What is your favorite team? You talk as if you are not part of RSN.

Garb-- they worried up there?

Yup.....still, Red Sox fans are in their glory. Why? Because they LOVE being panicked and miserable. One thing about Bostonians - they (we ;)) have b*tching down to an artform....generally speaking. :)

Max, I am NOT part of RSN. I'd rather eat nails, than act favorably upon anything Larry Lucchino, Tom Werner and stick figure Henry are involved in. Further - I can't stand the High and Mighty attitude of most Sox Fans. Give me one good reason why Sox fans feel "superior." Can't come up with one? Me either.

Yup.....still, Red Sox fans are in their glory. Why? Because they LOVE being panicked and miserable. One thing about Bostonians - they (we ;)) have b*tching down to an artform....generally speaking. :)

Max, I am NOT part of RSN. I'd rather eat nails, than act favorably upon anything Larry Lucchino, Tom Werner and stick figure Henry are involved in. Further - I can't stand the High and Mighty attitude of most Sox Fans. Give me one good reason why Sox fans feel "superior." Can't come up with one? Me either.

One thing about Bostonians - they (we ;)) have b*tching down to an artform....generally speaking

Seems like you fit in well up there then.

One thing about Bostonians - they (we ;)) have b*tching down to an artform....generally speaking

Seems like you fit in well up there then.

True that - but I suppose it's better than being one of those mentally challenged folks from New Jersey. ;)

Think about it - the Northeast - NY included - is FAST, UPTIGHT, ALWAYS ON THE GO - no wonder people retire to the southeast.

Archived