Chiefs | Holmes offers to take starting job

Smizzy

Chiefs | Holmes offers to take starting job

Wed, 8 Aug 2007 22:26:46 -0700

The Associated Press reports Kansas City Chiefs RB Priest Holmes has said he would take the starting job if RB Larry Johnson does not want it. Holmes said, "Somebody has to get the money. Hey, if L.J. wants to leave the money out there, guess I'm going to take it. If he wants to come get it, it's rightfully his to take. He's earned it. But if he chooses not to come back, well, somebody has to take it. Why won't it be me?

:character0282:

Where did you form the opinion Holmes could still play? Not knocking you-did they show him on the TV show or something?

Well, that he could still play may be a bit overstated, but he is still in shape, and looks like he can still carry the rock 15+ times a game.

I saw him on Hard Knocks, he didn't look out of shape at all.

5 years ago.

And still would be today.

Larry Johnson has not come close to breaking Priests' 27 touchdowns in '03.

LaDainian Tomlinson is the best back in the league for a reason Larry, sign a deal with around $15-20 million guarenteed, because there's no way in hell you will get or deserve LT money after a year and a half of success.

LaDainian Tomlinson is the best back in the league for a reason Larry, sign a deal with around $15-20 million guarenteed, because there's no way in hell you will get or deserve LT money after a year and a half of success.

I'm not too high on LJ, cause like you said, he's had a year and a half to prove himself, and lord knows he'll be run into the ground by the herm. I don't think priest will do much of anything this year, no Line, and he's just older.

I still got the chiefs pegged for the second overall pick this year.

I'm not too high on LJ, cause like you said, he's had a year and a half to prove himself, and lord knows he'll be run into the ground by the herm. I don't think priest will do much of anything this year, no Line, and he's just older.

I still got the chiefs pegged for the second overall pick this year.

I got the Raiders picking #1, how's that sound?

I got the Raiders picking #1, how's that sound?

i got the dolphins battling the texans for that one. I could almost see the raiders getting close to .500 ball this year, just cause their defense is young and strong. We'll see though.

Well, that he could still play may be a bit overstated, but he is still in shape, and looks like he can still carry the rock 15+ times a game.

I saw him on Hard Knocks, he didn't look out of shape at all.

Sure, he is in shape. But he had a neck injury that made him miss 22 months of contact. 1 shot and the man can be paralyzed. What coach in their right mind you put in a RB with an injury that may end his career?:character42:

Sure, he is in shape. But he had a neck injury that made him miss 22 months of contact. 1 shot and the man can be paralyzed. What coach in their right mind you put in a RB with an injury that may end his career?:character42:

haha...i can think of one...:)

The same coach who sends a QB (Chad) back into the same game that he tore his shoulder for the second time . The same coach who has his star RB (Curtis) continue playing for another 8 or 9 games after he serously injures his knee, a knee injury that was bad enough to end this ironman's career.

Yes, Herm just loves warriors. If Stephen Hawking was on the sidelines, Herm would push him into the game to get some intelligence in the game.

I agree completely, but Priest Holmes is a grown got damn man, he makes decisions for himself, if he thinks he can go, if the trainers think he can go, and if his family thinks he can go, the coach won't hesitate to put him out there.

and to MDRAGO, I can see the Raiders doing good this year, their defense is dominant, top 4, I'm not worried about that, but until they get solid QB play which isn't certain, I'm not too sure. It's either they do really good (10-11 wins) or really really bad (1-4 wins)

I agree completely, but Priest Holmes is a grown got damn man, he makes decisions for himself, if he thinks he can go, if the trainers think he can go, and if his family thinks he can go, the coach won't hesitate to put him out there.

and to MDRAGO, I can see the Raiders doing good this year, their defense is dominant, top 4, I'm not worried about that, but until they get solid QB play which isn't certain, I'm not too sure. It's either they do really good (10-11 wins) or really really bad (1-4 wins)

If the Raiders win 10 or 11 games I will shave every single hair off of my body.

If LJ had started all season in 2005, he would have broke Holme's record. It's kind of silly to compare the two, as LJ has only had one full season as starter, and that was without Willie Roaf and Dick Vermeil and WITH Herman Edwards.

What is with your hard-on for dinosaur running backs and hatred for the young guns that take their jobs? That is a serious question, it is not "hatred".

Archived