Chamberlain...

toon88

just watched him pitch for the 1st time. this kid has a filthy, filthy slider. when he gets ahead of batters, they may as well just not swing and hope for a walk. when you are seeing 98 mph fastballs, then this kid throws a 87 mph slider, you have about a zero chance to hit it.

this kid's slider is unreal.

Can someone tell me what happened with the play at the plate?

Jeter hit a soft chopper to the first base side of the mound.

The pitcher couldn't handle it

Melky was off at the crack of the bat

2nd basemen couldn't throw out Melky

Catcher Ramon Hernandez knew it, didn't bother catching the throw

just watched him pitch for the 1st time. this kid has a filthy, filthy slider. when he gets ahead of batters, they may as well just not swing and hope for a walk. when you are seeing 98 mph fastballs, then this kid throws a 87 mph slider, you have about a zero chance to hit it.

this kid's slider is unreal.

the last batter joba faced (i think huff) swung and missed by as much as you will ever see in mlb. it looked like pros vs. joes.

The dude has great stuff....it's going to be fun watching him and Hughes develop. As with most young "phenoms" it's going to come down to how the league adjusts to him and then how he adjusts to the league. He should be great his first time though...then we'll see what he's made of the second time around.

The dude has great stuff....it's going to be fun watching him and Hughes develop. As with most young "phenoms" it's going to come down to how the league adjusts to him and then how he adjusts to the league. He should be great his first time though...then we'll see what he's made of the second time around.

with his talent i think it's more about staying healthy and avoiding arm trouble than the league adjusting to him. he reminds me a lot of kerry wood when he came up.

He sort of reminds me of Mo in 1995 just coming up

The best thing Buck Showalter did was make Mariano a reliever that year. He was giving up too many long balls if I remember correctly as a starter and didn't pitch all that well.

I remember him pitching a bit in the Mariners series though. In 1996 he should have won the MVP. The wouldn't have made the postseason without him. It seemed like he was pitching 2 innings every damn day.

Nobody was complaining about Joe overusing the pen back then! :P

The best thing Buck Showalter did was make Mariano a reliever that year. He was giving up too many long balls if I remember correctly as a starter and didn't pitch all that well.

I remember him pitching a bit in the Mariners series though. In 1996 he should have won the MVP. The wouldn't have made the postseason without him. It seemed like he was pitching 2 innings every damn day.

Nobody was complaining about Joe overusing the pen back then! :P

Vizcaino has already appeared in as many games this season as Mo did that whole year.

Archived