What the ****?

K2C

Center is a tough position, especially when your heart isn't into it.

Kendall is a guard and a solid one at that.

He's also the guard that would allow our oline to return at least 4 of 5 starters from last year. That is huge in my book.

Give him the f'ing mill and let's get ready for the pats.

Bro, he played the position for the Cardinals.

I agree..he is NO DOUBT our best option at guard..but he is deliberately trying to show up the Jets front office and Mangini!

Guys it the preseason...I'd rather the OL look like swiss cheese now so we can fix what's wrong for the reg. season.

This thread was not intended to point out the piss poor performance of the whole team in general..it is about Kendall and Kendall only.

Bro, he played the position for the Cardinals.

I agree..he is NO DOUBT our best option at guard..but he is deliberately trying to show up the Jets front office and Mangini!

If he is then that's not cool, period.

these comments should be saved for a couple of weeks into the regular season

Absolutely.

This thread was not intended to point out the piss poor performance of the whole team in general..it is about Kendall and Kendall only.

Well, i disagree. If you talk about how Kendall should be released, then someone needs to take his place. If someone is to take his place, he better be at least as good as Kendall is/was. Some said that Clarke looked terrible tonight and I was saying that Id rather that he made mistakes so he CAN LEARN what he did wrong over him seeming perfect in the preseason and 'saving' the mistakes for when it counts.

Well, i disagree. If you talk about how Kendall should be released, then someone needs to take his place. If someone is to take his place, he better be at least as good as Kendall is/was. Some said that Clarke looked terrible tonight and I was saying that Id rather that he made mistakes so he CAN LEARN what he did wrong over him seeming perfect in the preseason and 'saving' the mistakes for when it counts.

I understand now...thanks for clarifying.

4H: I'm not disagreeing with you about needing Kendall. Even if we want to make Clarke the LG of the future, the advice and tutoring Kendall can give him is incredible. I'm just saying that I dont like judging players (especially OLinemen) based on 1 preseason game. Preseason is a time of learning and familarization with the system and the players around you. Its also a time (especially for young and/or inexperienced players like Clarke) of learning from mistakes.

Mike: Before I get into an argument with you...Do you see anything positive about the Jets??

To make you Jets fans feel better:

The Patriots first unit o-line (second and third units too) played like real poop. Now this is as group thats familiar with one another and are highly touted. Highly touted my arse! The pass protection was worse than awful. If the line plays that way in the regular season, Tom Brady won't make it past game three.

When a reporter asked Kendall if he did it on purpose, perhaps in an attempt to convince the coaches to cut him, he replied: "I'll sleep tonight knowing I did the best I could. I'll also sleep knowing I stunk."

It took guts to ask him that to his face. I wonder which reporter asked the question.

when he muffed that first snap.. the crowd started in on him... ( i was a few rows off the field behind the jets bench)

BUT when pete blew that second snap.... the crowd ( all 20 of them that were left.. myself not included) was brutal!!

i mean.. once... anyone can make a mistake.. but twice, like that?

i do have to admit that i didnt realize that it was pete who snapped it and was surprised that mangini had him in there...

although.. nick has been battling that sore back... maybe mangini wanted to make sure pete could step into center if needed? maybe wade smith isnt cutting it...?

To make you Jets fans feel better:

The Patriots first unit o-line (second and third units too) played like real poop. Now this is as group thats familiar with one another and are highly touted. Highly touted my arse! The pass protection was worse than awful. If the line plays that way in the regular season, Tom Brady won't make it past game three.

GAME three? You better hope he makes it past QUARTER three.:)

I agree with you. The time is now! He is a cancer on this team! A major distraction. The sooner we move him, the better off our team will be.

I can picture this conversation...

"we are willing to trade you a former all pro guard for a 4th round pick"

"you mean the same guard that says he plays center but makes poor snaps intentionally? the same guard that refuses to practice somedays? the same guard that will ask for a raise in about 3 weeks?"

"yeah...that guard"

"no dice, piss off"

we lost a lot of value on kendall.

It is not like Clarke is facing a full out defense in the preseason..so mistakes now are concerning against vanilla defenses but that is just me..

screw vanilla. He was going against two of the best DT's in the NFL. It's a tough matchup, i'm pissed that he looked like OSU would have cut him, but cut him some slack, the Williams boys are no sloutches.

screw vanilla. He was going against two of the best DT's in the NFL. It's a tough matchup, i'm pissed that he looked like OSU would have cut him, but cut him some slack, the Williams boys are no sloutches.

True P Williams is an 11 year vet, and has the weight.

Si, Senor.

Then it's very possible that they were in fact bad snaps. That is one of the very reasons why we let Damian Woody walk. The guy couldn't snap out of the shotgun to save his life. This could have been a case of Mangini out thinking himself and he's damn lucky he didn't get anyone hurt in the process.

Archived