T. Jones Injury......

Is it just me or does the TJ injury seem a lot worse then first thought? It has now come out that his achilles is what is all messed up. That is a serious injury. It could linger all season, or flat out just pop. Plus, I just read that the Jets are trying to hunt down Cedric Houston. I am getting a really bad feeling about this. My stomach is churing just thinking about the loss of TJ:(

Is it just me or does the TJ injury seem a lot worse then first thought? It has now come out that his achilles is what is all messed up. That is a serious injury. It could linger all season, or flat out just pop. Plus, I just read that the Jets are trying to hunt down Cedric Houston. I am getting a really bad feeling about this. My stomach is churing just thinking about the loss of TJ:(

You are right. If his achiles is really what is hurt then The Jets will have to scour the waiver wire for camp cuts at RB. Leon is not a 4 down back and Houston is just not the answer. Achilles is no joke..Ask Vinny Testaverde...our SUPER BOWL HOPES went down with his achilles in 1999.

LL

Yes, I am back..

Welcome back LL.

If the reports are true that the Jets are looking around for Cedric Houston then there MUST be something more than a strained calf that will keep him out of the remainder of the Preseason that is going on with Jones. Originally they were talking about im possibly suiting up for the Giants game on Friday, now the Jets are searching for Houston? All signs point to something bad brewing up with Jones' leg. If TJ is out, this team will be going nowhere fast in 2007. Leon Washington, as much as I love him, is not a 20-25 carry a game back. He will be nowhere near as effective when he carries it 10 times a game.

I don't see the Jets thinking Houston can replace Jones long-term. He couldn't do it last year. It's more likely that they aren't in love with Ware/Hollings/etc and want another NFL quality back that knows the O while TJ is out. His injury may be more serious than they let on, but if it were anything like the full tear Vinny had he wouldn't be riding a bike, he'd be in the hospital.

Paging Corey Dillon. Paging Corey Dillon.

Please report to Jets Camp.

BZ

I was thinking the same thing.

Have him and Leon divide the carries between the 20s and let Corey pound it in when in the redzone. He is still very good at that despite losing a step or two.

Have him and Leon divide the carries between the 20s and let Corey pound it in when in the redzone. He is still very good at that despite losing a step or two.

The only thing keeping him out is probably the crazy money he wants.

$1 Million for 1 year and he is IN!

BZ

Exactly. If Jones' injury turns out to be that serious where he will miss some games, if not a lot of games, they why not Corey Dillon? He could still be a good back if you give him the ball around 10 times a game.

THE SKY IS FALLING...THE SKY IS FALLING...JEEZ

No, its called being prepared for the worst. If Jones is down and out, would you rather see Corey Dillon, Leon Washington & Danny Ware or Leon Washington & Danny Ware? Its not even a question in my mind.

They said on SNY last night that originally it was his Achilles (which was hurt heading into the 1st pre-season game) just a strain... and then he hurt his calf... now supposedly his achilles is fine but his calf is hurt... he expects to play week one according to the source.

This is a familiar song to us Bears fans. Too bad it had to hit your crew so early. Now you know part of the reason he was dealt.

Great player, but too injury prone imo!

So it is his achilles and ankle and having a hard time walking on it...great

According to the person close to him... it is not his achiles anymore... it WAS... earlier in the offseason... now it is only a calf and he expects to play week 1...

According to the person close to him... it is not his achiles anymore... it WAS... earlier in the offseason... now it is only a calf and he expects to play week 1...

That makes me feel much better. Instead of it just being his achilles that is injured it's his achilles AND calf. This is bullsh*t.

Archived