How to end the Iraq crisis: Make them watch Spurs-Pistons

TomShane

The basketball season is OVER> I warn anyone with a television set to avoid even flashing over any of these Finals games. That's how awful it will be. You may turn to stone, or die from the sheer boredom. Easily the most disgustingly boring match-up that anyone could comprehend. Just awful. David Stern should resign immediately for letting this happen. Awful. Does anyone have tape of Warriors-Grizzlies from February?

Then don't watch, with your Detroit hating a$$. Just cause you're jealous that your team, with the quitter and the wife beater, couldn't win a game against the Heat, and the Pistons beat them... don't be showing that crap in here.

Actually, TS is right on the money. Unless you are a Pistons or Spurs fan, you can't possibly be the least bit excited about watching the two most boring teams in the league square off over the course of the next 6 weeks.

Actually, TS is right on the money. Unless you are a Pistons or Spurs fan, you can't possibly be the least bit excited about watching the two most boring teams in the league square off over the course of the next 6 weeks.

Now that the black version of Andre the Giant has been sent packing - I have no one to hate and therefore not a lot of interest in watching.

And, unless you're blind, then you'd know I'm a Pistons fan. And no, TS isn't right on the money. Just cause y'all hate the Pistons, don't rain on the parade. Just ignore it. It'll all go away June 30th. Until then, just let the Pistons fans have this moment.

And, what you consider boring is a throw back. Just because they play defense and run offensive sets doesn't mean they're boring.

I know you are a Pistons fan. That was my reasoning as to why you actually care.

BTW, that was a great three point shot by Chauncey Billups last night when he was open by about 10 feet. I especially liked how the rim "threw it right back" to the Heat. The Pistons aren't a throwback. They are just a team that knows how to win.

I know you are a Pistons fan. That was my reasoning as to why you actually care.

BTW, that was a great three point shot by Chauncey Billups last night when he was open by about 10 feet. I especially liked how the rim "threw it right back" to the Heat. The Pistons aren't a throwback. They are just a team that knows how to win.

And, how many teams, in sports, actually know how to win? And, those that do, aren't they called throwbacks? The Pistons, despite their offeisve droughts, are a throwback.

But, my favorite part of last night's win? The expression on Zo's face. I hate that guy.

Just cause y'all hate the Pistons, don't rain on the parade. Just ignore it. It'll all go away June 30th. Until then, just let the Pistons fans have this moment.

I dont hate'em Storm - at all. It's just not enough of a match up or story to interest a lot of people who aren't Piston or Spur's fans. Trust me - I'm all for gleaning moments of glory living in Chi. Hope you guys smoke'em. Rock on!

And, unless you're blind, then you'd know I'm a Pistons fan. And no, TS isn't right on the money. Just cause y'all hate the Pistons, don't rain on the parade. Just ignore it. It'll all go away June 30th. Until then, just let the Pistons fans have this moment.

And, what you consider boring is a throw back. Just because they play defense and run offensive sets doesn't mean they're boring.

Nah nah nah, bro. This series is absolute dreck and you know it. It will be the most boring Finals in NBA history, bar none. I don't care if you're a Pistons fan or not, that is not a fun team to watch at all. They don't have the menacing style of the Bad Boys or Riley's Knicks, nor do they have the skills of the original Bad Boys, who not only defended, but played REAL basketball. These stiffs you have on your team are lame, boring and extremely limited. Congratulations on getting to a second Finals, but don't try and make it sound like they're a great team or even remotely fun to watch. This series is a travesty of grossness.

Nah nah nah, bro. This series is absolute dreck and you know it. It will be the most boring Finals in NBA history, bar none. I don't care if you're a Pistons fan or not, that is not a fun team to watch at all. They don't have the menacing style of the Bad Boys or Riley's Knicks, nor do they have the skills of the original Bad Boys, who not only defended, but played REAL basketball. These stiffs you have on your team are lame, boring and extremely limited. Congratulations on getting to a second Finals, but don't try and make it sound like they're a great team or even remotely fun to watch. This series is a travesty of grossness.

It's not dreck. It's the series that's been building for two years. Yeah, these Pistons aren't the Bad Boys... who is? There isn't a team over the past5-8 years that could hang with those Pistons. They had to go up against the Celtics with Bird, the Lakers with Magic, the Bulls with Jordan... there aren't any teams like that anymore. And, for the most part, this Pistons team is still young. Rip and Chauncy aren't Joe Dumars and Isiah Thomas. No doubt about it.

They're a great team. Why are they? They've made two straight finals. And, they're great by today's standards. It's not going to be showtime... it's never going to be like that again. The NBA is going the way of the NHL. The 80's were great. The early 90's were fine... but since 95, both have sucked.

You can say neither team has a superstar... which would be true. Neither team has a guy who is pimped. They don't have a Shaq, Dwayne Wade, Allen Iverson, or any of them. They have Manu Ginobli, Rip Hamilton, Sheed, Duncan, Ben Wallace, Tony Parker, Chauncy Billups... I get that they don't exactly do anything for you, or anyone outside of the greater Detroit or San Antonio area. I accept that. But hey, I can't convince you that it's going to be a good series. I can't convince anyone. Everyone wanted the Heat and the Suns.

Ah well... what can you do?

It's not dreck. It's the series that's been building for two years. Yeah, these Pistons aren't the Bad Boys... who is? There isn't a team over the past5-8 years that could hang with those Pistons. They had to go up against the Celtics with Bird, the Lakers with Magic, the Bulls with Jordan... there aren't any teams like that anymore. And, for the most part, this Pistons team is still young. Rip and Chauncy aren't Joe Dumars and Isiah Thomas. No doubt about it.

They're a great team. Why are they? They've made two straight finals. And, they're great by today's standards. It's not going to be showtime... it's never going to be like that again. The NBA is going the way of the NHL. The 80's were great. The early 90's were fine... but since 95, both have sucked.

You can say neither team has a superstar... which would be true. Neither team has a guy who is pimped. They don't have a Shaq, Dwayne Wade, Allen Iverson, or any of them. They have Manu Ginobli, Rip Hamilton, Sheed, Duncan, Ben Wallace, Tony Parker, Chauncy Billups... I get that they don't exactly do anything for you, or anyone outside of the greater Detroit or San Antonio area. I accept that. But hey, I can't convince you that it's going to be a good series. I can't convince anyone. Everyone wanted the Heat and the Suns.

Ah well... what can you do?

Apologize for the grossness and boringness of your team. Immediately.

The basketball season is OVER> I warn anyone with a television set to avoid even flashing over any of these Finals games. That's how awful it will be. You may turn to stone, or die from the sheer boredom. Easily the most disgustingly boring match-up that anyone could comprehend. Just awful. David Stern should resign immediately for letting this happen. Awful. Does anyone have tape of Warriors-Grizzlies from February?

This joke is old. Did you even saw the Spurs play this season?

You watch too much espn.

You say that only because you have a hard-on for Manu Ginobli.

Don't we all? I mean, Manu just makes the game so much fun to watch when he flops around and goes to the line 15 times. That is great basketball we're getting in the Finals I tellya.

I was praying for Phoenix-Miami, and am dissapointed as hell

but I'll still watch some of the Spurs-Pistons games, I'm an NBA fan and am intrigued by the matchups

Spurs in 7 due to homecourt advantage

Ben Wallace has to go from working on Shaq to working on Duncan

thats like having to get the lethal injection and go in the electric chair before you die

Archived