This team needs alot of things

Barton

But we really need a LEGIT #1 leadoff hitter who will bunt, steal bases AND GET ON BASE.

Jeter, while a decent leadoff man, it hurts our lineup as a whole to move everyone else up in the lineup when he bats 1st.

I dunno WHY THE F this team let go of Kenny Lofton. All he did last year was provide a sparkplug each time he played, and Torre obviously did not like Kenny so he benched him nearly every day in favor of slow bo Bernie Williams and Bubba Crosby.

And when the f*(() is Matsui gonna start hitting again

Bring back Chris Chambliss, my god.

Amen to bringing back Chambliss

I'm sure Donnie will make a great Manager...but the team needs a shakeup....again #-o

Seriously.

I know the Yankees really stunk it up as an offense in the 2001 World Series, and thats why Chambliss got fired?

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO

RANDY JOHNSON AND CURT SCHILLING.

The frickin all star teams would be lucky to scrape a run or 2 off of those guys.

How can you fire a hitting coach who won you 4 WORLD SERIES RINGS ???!!!!???

Because Chris Chambliss had nothing to do with it...george's pocketbook financed those 4 de-valued rings.

How can you second guess the old pr*ck that gave you 4 rings in 5 years...even if they were relatively meaningless?

And Don Mattingly will be the next manager of the Stinkees...oops...I mean Yankees!

Two

Hundred

Million

Dollars

and you're talking about "needing" things for this team. You know who "needs" players? Kansas City. You know who "needs" players? The Milwaukee Brewers. What the Yankees "need" is to realize that buying rings has killed them. You cannot buy heart, and these Yanks don't have a frikking pulse. Maybe your capitan will call another meeting to tell everyone what it's like to make half a mil per RBI. What a putrid mess the Yanks are. At least as a Mets fan, we acknowledge our organization has been a bunch of free-spending ass-clowns the last 5 years prior to this one. The Mets are an expensive .500 team, but at least they go out and compete every night. To get slapped around by the Brewers...there's just no excuse. A complete lack of discipline, motivation and no sense of urgency. They are playing like they expect to skate into the playoffs as soon as Big George goes out and gets Mike Sweeney and Roger Clemens. Good luck.

Two

Hundred

Million

Dollars

and you're talking about "needing" things for this team. You know who "needs" players? Kansas City. You know who "needs" players? The Milwaukee Brewers. What the Yankees "need" is to realize that buying rings has killed them. You cannot buy heart, and these Yanks don't have a frikking pulse. Maybe your capitan will call another meeting to tell everyone what it's like to make half a mil per RBI. What a putrid mess the Yanks are. At least as a Mets fan, we acknowledge our organization has been a bunch of free-spending a$$-clowns the last 5 years prior to this one. The Mets are an expensive .500 team, but at least they go out and compete every night. To get slapped around by the Brewers...there's just no excuse. A complete lack of discipline, motivation and no sense of urgency. They are playing like they expect to skate into the playoffs as soon as Big George goes out and gets Mike Sweeney and Roger Clemens. Good luck.

=D>

This guy deserves a freakin' medal!

Tomshane for poster of the year.

Two

Hundred

Million

Dollars

and you're talking about "needing" things for this team. You know who "needs" players? Kansas City. You know who "needs" players? The Milwaukee Brewers. What the Yankees "need" is to realize that buying rings has killed them. You cannot buy heart, and these Yanks don't have a frikking pulse. Maybe your capitan will call another meeting to tell everyone what it's like to make half a mil per RBI. What a putrid mess the Yanks are. At least as a Mets fan, we acknowledge our organization has been a bunch of free-spending a$$-clowns the last 5 years prior to this one. The Mets are an expensive .500 team, but at least they go out and compete every night. To get slapped around by the Brewers...there's just no excuse. A complete lack of discipline, motivation and no sense of urgency. They are playing like they expect to skate into the playoffs as soon as Big George goes out and gets Mike Sweeney and Roger Clemens. Good luck.

=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

By the way, thats an expensive four-games-over-.500 team. :lol:

Because Chris Chambliss had nothing to do with it...george's pocketbook financed those 4 de-valued rings.

How can you second guess the old pr*ck that gave you 4 rings in 5 years...even if they were relatively meaningless?

And Don Mattingly will be the next manager of the Stinkees...oops...I mean Yankees!

You can't compare the '96-'00 Yankees to today's team. The great Yankees of the late '90's were comprised of role players, which I believe is Torre's strength as a manager. Guys like Knoblauch, Brosius, Curtis, and Sojo. Of course, a great pitching staff doesn't hurt. The Yankees of today are too dependent on the long ball. When you have the likes of Shef, Arod, Matsui, and Giambi out there, no one will lay down the bunt, and no one will try to move a runner over. Plus, Torre should stop screwing with the lineup and just leave it alone for a while. Let the players get comfortable with the batting order for a few weeks. Remember 98? Knoblauch, Jeter, O'Neill, Williams, Martinez. Each player knew their role. There were no superstars or great home run hitters.

Cannot argue with a single thing Mr.Shane said. This team looks LOST.

On top of that who can you trade to shake things up ?

1) Giambi (Bwhahahahha)

2) Cano (Yes but I would not)

3) Jeter (Wouldn't even if there was interest)

4) A-Rod (I would but they won't)

5) Posada (Nope)

6) Matsui (I wouldn't and the Yanks won't)

7) Bernie (Nope too old)

8) Sheffield (Possible but the Yanks won't)

9) Tino (Nope)

10 Womack (Can be done but won't get much in return)

The only starter that is tradeable is Wang.

This team was built for now but that window if it hasn't closed is closing FAST.

Hey Tom,

One more thing. Don't you think that the Mets with the highest payroll in NL would be just a bit better than a couple of games over 500 ?

Two

Hundred

Million

Dollars

THANK YOU TOM SHANE, for putting what I feel into words more eloquent than I could have ever penned.

By the way, since when are the Mets lumped into the salary-debate mess as the Yankees? Our payroll is barely over $100 million. Our counterpart is over $200 million. Not even friggin' close!!

By the way, since when are the Mets lumped into the salary-debate mess as the Yankees? Our payroll is barely over $100 million. Our counterpart is over $200 million. Not even friggin' close!!

So the Mess get a pass for being mediocre, even though they are the most expensive team in the NL

Feed your bullsh*t to someone else....I'm sure JetsBlowDick surely will eat it up

So the Mess get a pass for being mediocre, even though they are the most expensive team in the NL

Feed your bullsh*t to someone else....I'm sure JetsBlowDick surely will eat it up

Since when is 31-27, 1 game out in the toughest division in baseball "mediocre"? Only 3 teams in the NL have a better record!

THANK YOU TOM SHANE, for putting what I feel into words more eloquent than I could have ever penned.

Since you have the highest payroll in the National League and third overall.

Since when is 31-27, 1 game out in the toughest division in baseball "mediocre"? Only 3 teams in the NL have a better record!

Okay, below mediocre N.Y. Mess 32 33 .492

Just let it go

You're the Mess

Now 9 teams in the NL have a better record

And 18 teams in MLB do as well, including the Yankees

Tough to compete in this town against the Yanks

Archived