Checking in on some old friends

AFJF

Javier Vazquez 6-4 4.39 7.7 Ks per 9IP #-o

Brad Halsey 4-3 3.48 6 quality starts :(

Yancy Brazoban 11-13 Sv opp 8.89 Ks per 9IP 24 y/o :x

Willie Mo Pena .318 BA 1 HR every 8.25 AB

Andy Pettitte 3-6 [-X 9 Quality starts, allowed more than 3 ER only once this year :shock:

Jeff Weaver Just kidding, he sucked

Jon Lieber 8-4 4.61 ERA in a hitters haven

Orlando Hernandez 7-1 4.34 ERA

Kenny Lofton .398 (in limited time but better than Bernie) :x

Dioner Navarro switch hitting catcher batting .292 in AAA ](*,)

Well at least that young lefty you gave up (*Something* Claussen I think) for Aaron Boone hasnt panned out as a big leaguer.

And your front office had the foresight to trade for Alex Rodriguez and Randy Johnson when both players flew under everyone elses' radar. See...they've made some genius moves too.

You take the good with the bad.

And there list the reasons why once George realizes we can't win the Big Name guys that we will have nobody left in the minor league system which will put us in a 20 year tailspin of no championships. [-X#-o:cry:

also you forgot the best of them all

nick johnson: .340 BA, 38 RBI and only missed 1 game all year

but jeff weaver still sucked too much to worry about that trade

Ironic that I left Johnson out considering the fact he was one of the reasons I put this together. I was running the list of players through my mind but I just forgot to put down his numbers. While he is having a great year I can't say that dealing him bothered me at the time. For a guy his age he's had wayyy to many notable trips to the DL to ignore.

As far as Brandon Claussen, I left him out because his nubmers aren't very good right now but he did have a 2.45 ERA after his first few starts and the guy is definitely showing signs of being a legit MLB hurler. His ERA is 4.50 but one of his worst starts was in Colorado (huge surprise) and one terrible game against the best team in baseball (the cards). Other than that the guy has been very good with a 2.32 ERA.

sorry I just have to chime in here

NICK JOHNSON: boy do I miss seeing this guy. He had such great plate coverage, a great eye, took walks. He could hit the inside pitch outa the park and drive the ball to the opposite field on the outside pitch. I almost cried when we traded him, he was growing into 1 of my favorite Yankees. Not to mention he plays a solid 1st base. :oops::oops:#-o

Sorry, but Vazquez's numbers suck, especially in that big arizona ballpark and in the NL

Lieber is inconsistent, he gets shalacked every other start. Halsey is a decent pitcher, but didn't have a single great pitch but still developing. Navarro is decent, but he's done nothing at the MLB level. Letting Petitte go 2 years ago really hurt me, I took masking tape and crossed out his face on all the posters I had, but he's not doing to well down in houston either. Pena is a great power man...ugh drew henson. Brazoban is gonna be a great relief pitcher, stupid stupid move by cashman

Nick Johnson..........I miss this guy. Please Cashman, bring him back in pinstripes!!

Sorry, but Vazquez's numbers suck, especially in that big arizona ballpark and in the NL

Dude, you have to look at the big picture...his numbers are GREAT over his past ten starts. The guy got absolutely LIT UP on opening day (7 ER in 1.2 IP) The 10 ER in his next 11 IP..since then his ERA is 3.04.

So three times this season he's been lit up (his most recent start) but in his last ten starts, he's given up 4 runs or less 8 times

sorry I just have to chime in here

NICK JOHNSON: boy do I miss seeing this guy. He had such great plate coverage, a great eye, took walks. He could hit the inside pitch outa the park and drive the ball to the opposite field on the outside pitch. I almost cried when we traded him, he was growing into 1 of my favorite Yankees. Not to mention he plays a solid 1st base. :oops::oops:#-o

Lieber is inconsistent, he gets shalacked every other start. Halsey is a decent pitcher, but didn't have a single great pitch but still developing. Navarro is decent, but he's done nothing at the MLB level. Letting Petitte go 2 years ago really hurt me, I took masking tape and crossed out his face on all the posters I had, but he's not doing to well down in houston either. Pena is a great power man...ugh drew henson. Brazoban is gonna be a great relief pitcher, stupid stupid move by cashman

Nick Johnson..........I miss this guy. Please Cashman, bring him back in pinstripes!!

OBTW...all of those starters are still better than Kevin Brown

I would take the youth and promise of Javier Vazquez and Brad Halsey over Randy Johnson anyday. Johnson, even if he was pitching well this year we all well know he would be only here for this year and maybe next, what a waste of 3 young good promising players.

Should've kept Lieber, El Duque, Dionar Navarro and Yancy Brazoban.

Mo Pena, who was he traded for? I'm sorry, no clue. #-o

Christ...I had a hell of a hard time finding this...started to think I was going crazy

March 21, 2001: Traded by the New York Yankees to the Cincinnati Reds for Drew Henson and Michael Coleman

Christ...I had a hell of a hard time finding this...started to think I was going crazy

March 21, 2001: Traded by the New York Yankees to the Cincinnati Reds for Drew Henson and Michael Coleman

Oh that was a great trade.

We don't get any win's for Drew Henson's starts at QB do we? :lol:

Ironic that I left Johnson out considering the fact he was one of the reasons I put this together. I was running the list of players through my mind but I just forgot to put down his numbers. While he is having a great year I can't say that dealing him bothered me at the time. For a guy his age he's had wayyy to many notable trips to the DL to ignore.

As far as Brandon Claussen, I left him out because his nubmers aren't very good right now but he did have a 2.45 ERA after his first few starts and the guy is definitely showing signs of being a legit MLB hurler. His ERA is 4.50 but one of his worst starts was in Colorado (huge surprise) and one terrible game against the best team in baseball (the cards). Other than that the guy has been very good with a 2.32 ERA.

Droppped his ERA below 4.00 last night with an 8 IP 1 ER effort against the first place Orioles :x

Archived