" Cutting of Kendall haunting Jets brass " ~ ~ ~

kelly

Home > The Way We Hear It

~ ~ ~ NY Jets

Sept. 14, 2007

Cutting of Kendall haunting Jets brass

The Jets played hardball with OLG Pete Kendall in the preseason, refusing to give him the $1 million raise he was looking for. But daily Jets observers have indicated that the team's rigid stance with him stands as one of the worst decisions GM Mike Tannenbaum has made during his tenure in New York. Replacement Adrien Clarke has struggled mightily in Kendall's place, getting absolutely mauled by the Patriots' D-line in the first game and having an equally difficult time adjusting to the blitz. Rookie Jacob Bender

Sometimes you have to take a step back to take two steps forward. They just can't start going around and handing guys million dollar raises.

In hindsight it was probably a dumb move to trade him.. I rather have an "unhappy" Kendall at LG than a "cheerful" Clarke or "blissful" Bender.

Oh well.. Like Alanis says.. You live, You learn

Didnt hurt that Kendall has gone up against Miami twice a year though.

Yeah if i remember correctly Ronnie Brown looked like Jim both games last year. One I was at soaking wet. There was old Ronnie Brown, I think he ran for like 20 yads the two weeks prior, threw a dollar and change up on us. Our defense is even worse this year with or without KENDALL THE ALMIGHTY though!

Yeah if i remember correctly Ronnie Brown looked like Jim both games last year. One I was at soaking wet. There was old Ronnie Brown, I think he ran for like 20 yads the two weeks prior, threw a dollar and change up on KENDALL THE ALMIGHTY though!

I dont think Kendall would be at fault for Browns success.

~ ~ ~ NY Jets

Sept. 14, 2007

The Jets played hardball with OLG Pete Kendall in the preseason, refusing to give him the $1 million raise he was looking for. But daily Jets observers have indicated that the team's rigid stance with him stands as one of the worst decisions GM Mike Tannenbaum has made during his tenure in New York. Replacement Adrien Clarke has struggled mightily in Kendall's place, getting absolutely mauled by the Patriots' D-line in the first game and having an equally difficult time adjusting to the blitz. Rookie Jacob Bender — inactive in the first game — will compete at the OLG spot, but with second-year players on either side of him (OLT D'Brickashaw Ferguson and C Nick Mangold), inexperience could aggravate the problems. Making matters even worse is seeing how well Kendall is playing for the Redskins — the team that picked him up following his release by the Jets. Against the usually stout Dolphins run defense, Kendall helped pave the way for 191 rushing yards.

> http://www.profootballweekly.com/PF...+It/default.htm

* * * he was traded , NOT cut . . kelly ~ ~

I don't know or pretend to know the chatter behind closed doors. Maybe Kendall didn't say "please". Maybe they just didn't want the flood gates open, maybe other players were in line behind him asking for raises.

I don't give a crap.

All I know is for Tangenius to spend our 2 first round picks on a C and a LT last year and then strting the year with Clarke/Bender at LG is

UNACCEPTABLE! It's a blunder. Do I hate them now? NO. But it was a major blunder.

Now they did some good. Like Revis. The fins took Jason Allen CB at 16 last year, he never sniffed the field. Revis had Brady looking the other way all day. That was good!!!!

"Nice Job,Tangenius!"

But, a couple things:

I want to see David Harris Tackling RB's by week 5.

and I want a Mutha F---ing NFL caliber LG protecting the QB and opening holes. Not a ninth round pick from New Rochelle University.

Good Article.

I love Mangini, but I'm not giving away free passes. This O-line/D-Line being ignored after last year is crazy.

WE Just went through this. 2 yards when we carry. 20 yards when they carry.

Is there anything more frustrating than watching your team get owned at the LOS?

I'll admit, so far, Coleman's an upgrade from Kimo .

Yeah if i remember correctly Ronnie Brown looked like Jim both games last year. One I was at soaking wet. There was old Ronnie Brown, I think he ran for like 20 yads the two weeks prior, threw a dollar and change up on KENDALL THE ALMIGHTY though!

Am I reading this wrong? I just dont see how Kendall is going to tackle Brown from the sideline.

~ ~ ~ NY Jets

Sept. 14, 2007

The Jets played hardball with OLG Pete Kendall in the preseason, refusing to give him the $1 million raise he was looking for. But daily Jets observers have indicated that the team's rigid stance with him stands as one of the worst decisions GM Mike Tannenbaum has made during his tenure in New York. Replacement Adrien Clarke has struggled mightily in Kendall's place, getting absolutely mauled by the Patriots' D-line in the first game and having an equally difficult time adjusting to the blitz. Rookie Jacob Bender

2 things

1. We didnt cut Kendall, ya morons. We traded him. Get your facts straight.

2. Kendall is irrelevant. He will be retired and out of the league by the time the Jets are ready for a superbowl run.

1. At least the FO got that right. If Kendall got cut he'd be wearing a Dolphins jersey right now.

2. Hard to say Kendall is irrelevant after last week's debacle. He wouldn't have won the game for us but he would have helped.

Archived