you heard it here first

Jetfan13

The Marlins will win their 3rd World Championship in their 13 year history..the difference this time is they will beat out the Bravos for the East title while they are at it..the addition of Carlos DeLGado gives them the left handed power they have missed & Al Leiter is the experienced lefty starter they were missing..Sorry Mets fans, looks like you will be bringing up the rear again...BWAHAHAHA

The Marlins will win their 3rd World Championship in their 13 year history..the difference this time is they will beat out the Bravos for the East title while they are at it..the addition of Carlos DeLGado gives them the left handed power they have missed & Al Leiter is the experienced lefty starter they were missing..Sorry Mets fans, looks like you will be bringing up the rear again...BWAHAHAHA

I gotta go with the Mets or Braves winning that Division. Leaning more towards the Braves because I'm not sold on the Mets bullpen. Sorry Mets fans.

Better pitching always beats good hitting, DelGado will not be the big difference maker as you say. Plus, he's terrible in the field and you won't be able to DH him on days you'd like to give him a break from 1B.

4ever, not bad post but you are underestimating the Marlins rotation to an extent and especially the lineup. Marlins rotation of Leiter, Beckett, Burnett, Willis, and Valdez is tops in the NL East, if not the NL. But it has to stay healthy. Leiter will be good for 12 wins, but Beckett and Burnett are the key, when they are healthy, these guys can absolutely dominate. I was at a Marlin game last year where Beckett pitched against the Dodgers and his stuff was unbelievable. Struck out 8 of his first 9 batters, but of course had to leave the game in the 5th with his recurring blister problems. Burnett looks to have gotten his velocity back after Tommy John Surgery but his control is still an issue. Willis also has to rebound from struggling last year.

As far as the lineup, the Marlins 1-5 hitters will kill you. Pierre and Castillo provide speed in the front of the lineup and 3-4-5 hitters of Cabrera, Delgado and Lowell, IMO, are the top middle of the order hitters in the NL with the exception of Edmonds, Pulols, Rolen, and Walker. Lo Duca provides some offense at the bottom of the order and A.Gonzalez will be somewhat productive. Conine and Encarnacion is a stretch.

Should be a fun year for the Fish, it is too bad I won't be down there this year for Opening Day.

Great idea, Bren.

I'll see if they even play each other, not sure right now..you ladsies are coming down to Tampa this month aren't you? you got my hopes up, don't dissappoint me now

Agreed Mavrik..the Marlins rotation is a good one..as far as Beckett, that blister problem is definetly a concern but when on, look what he did to the Yanks in the Series

I'll see if they even play each other, not sure right now..you ladsies are coming down to Tampa this month aren't you? you got my hopes up, don't dissappoint me now

Agreed Mavrik..the Marlins rotation is a good one..as far as Beckett, that blister problem is definetly a concern but when on, look what he did to the Yanks in the Series

TRYING but very difficult with school, work, etc... besides that BIG UNIT is becoming annoying already! He is another Keyshawn WHO?

Until somebody actually beats the Braves then they should be the favorites to win the division.

Both the Marlins and the Mets have improved but Atlanta just keeps winning. How many times have we sat here and said, "That's it, the Braves run ends this year" ? Every year though the Braves keep winning the division and winning it pretty easily.

Mets and Marlins will be better but it won't be enough to unseat the Braves.

Until somebody actually beats the Braves then they should be the favorites to win the division.

Both the Marlins and the Mets have improved but Atlanta just keeps winning. How many times have we sat here and said, "That's it, the Braves run ends this year" ? Every year though the Braves keep winning the division and winning it pretty easily.

Mets and Marlins will be better but it won't be enough to unseat the Braves.

Tino looked really good at 1st base but not as GREAT as my man Jason...Thursday starts ROID testing..Oh boy

Archived