To be honest we had a chance to draft

afosomf

A hell of a lot better than Vince Young. His rookie year they only went 3-13, but maybe you should check the stats because he threw for nearly double the yards of Vince Young. His second year they were 13-3 and I'll be surprised if Vince Young EVER has a season that good.

stand corrected on 2nd year, thought it was his 3rd year they were 13-3

PM is a HOF and i'm not saying VY will be better than him

I do believe VY will be a great franchise QB and will join him there 1 day.

The t!ts are going to make playoffs this year just like manning turned around his team, VY is doing the same without a harrison on his team.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stop beating yourself to death on what ifs. There is a simple solution that will give you exactly what you want. At no cost.

Become a Titans fan.

already rooting for them;)

you all miss the point, To get a player like VY you have to take a chance, he had so much negative press with his throwing motion and his so called lack

of intelligence. He is proving them all wrong and they will be a contender and not a pretender.

We are destined for mediocrity! no matter who our coach is, that is what being a Jet fan is all about.

one last point

How good would it be for coles/cotch and b smith to be getting bullets from VY

Sh!t he doesn't need the best OL as his wheels will always make opposing D's

wary

Tom Jones would be another benefactor as the stacked line would be a thing of the past.

this is the cast of characters VY has to throw the rock to

Wide Receivers

1. Brandon Jones

2. Eric Moulds

3. Roydell Williams

4. Chris Davis

5. Justin Gage

6. Paul Williams

I know you think you are right, and that you are getting the last word on this, but nobody likes to argue with incompitance. Look for a titans message board, i'm sure they'd love to have you.

again call me at the end of season

would you care to wager on who makes playoffs?

already rooting for them;)

you all miss the point, To get a player like VY you have to take a chance, he had so much negative press with his throwing motion and his so called lack

of intelligence. He is proving them all wrong and they will be a contender and not a pretender.

We are destined for mediocrity! no matter who our coach is, that is what being a Jet fan is all about.

I hear what you are saying, but I disagree. To me, the top 10 picks in a draft have to be 99% sure things, or else you trade down. Those picks are too precious and you pay those guys too much to take big chances. And make no mistake, Young was a big chance. He could have easily been another Vick. Not to pick on poor old DRob, but look at his impact on the Jets. They gave up a lot to trade up for him, he has made a ton of money and he was not the Warren Sapp he was supposed to be. And now they are still trying to make it work with him as a 3-4 NT, and it is the single biggest problem this team still faces. Can you imagin how much better the Jets would be if they had Casey Hampton or Vince Wilfork at NT? If Vince Young keeps this up, I think the Titans were more lucky than smart.

one last point

How good would it be for coles/cotch and b smith to be getting bullets from VY

Sh!t he doesn't need the best OL as his wheels will always make opposing D's

wary

Tom Jones would be another benefactor as the stacked line would be a thing of the past.

this is the cast of characters VY has to throw the rock to

Wide Receivers

1. Brandon Jones

2. Eric Moulds

3. Roydell Williams

4. Chris Davis

5. Justin Gage

6. Paul Williams

I agree on taking a chance on a player. But, I do like that we pass on character questions. Which VY didn't have. People were down on his IQ, but I think he is doing well. I was not happy when we passed on the QB's that year. But I did think that Brick was a very safe pick. You have to take a chance, if you want to have the chance to be great.

I hear what you are saying, but I disagree. To me, the top 10 picks in a draft have to be 99% sure things, or else you trade down. Those picks are too precious and you pay those guys too much to take big chances. And make no mistake, Young was a big chance. He could have easily been another Vick. Not to pick on poor old DRob, but look at his impact on the Jets. They gave up a lot to trade up for him, he has made a ton of money and he was not the Warren Sapp he was supposed to be. And now they are still trying to make it work with him as a 3-4 NT, and it is the single biggest problem this team still faces. Can you imagin how much better the Jets would be if they had Casey Hampton or Vince Wilfork at NT? If Vince Young keeps this up, I think the Titans were more lucky than smart.

they took a chance and they hit lottery, i think Dslob had a negative impact

on them trading up.. VY was there to be had in any event and we will all be watching t!ts on TV;)

Yes, and no. I would agree that d rob is as of right now a bust. But, he could be a good player if he was played in a system that suited him. And I would love to have Casey or Vince over D rob.

Yes, and no. I would agree that d rob is as of right now a bust. But, he could be a good player if he was played in a system that suited him. And I would love to have Casey or Vince over D rob.

DSLOB is a bust cause we took him to play in our system;), we should trade him for whatever we could get...maybe a bowling ball with a star on it

DRob was in a system that supposedly suited him. Herm's 4-3 defense. He was OK, nothing special. Certainly not worthy of the 4th pick in a draft.

DRob was in a system that supposedly suited him. Herm's 4-3 defense. He was OK, nothing special. Certainly not worthy of the 4th pick in a draft.

Agree, but he absolutely sucks in the 3-4. afo I also agree, we should try and trade him, but seriously I don't know what we could possible get for him. Knowing our luck we would trade him to the steelers and he would go to the pro bowl the following year.

Agree, but he absolutely sucks in the 3-4. afo I also agree, we should try and trade him, but seriously I don't know what we could possible get for him. Knowing our luck we would trade him to the steelers and he would go to the pro bowl the following year.

Yes, reverse Kimo karma. :)

all i know is if VY was playing in Meadowlands

the stadium would be filled with VY jerseys and everytime he touched the ball

the stadium would be rocking with anticipation of excitement.

we all hope KC can at least bring some explosion plays via long passes to

our O. with CP slow and deliberate will maybe once in awhile sneak you into playoffs but always will have a quick exit.

Sometimes a team has to take a chance on a player, the t!ts did and they

are happy they did.

All VY does is win games, he took a team with 1/2 the talent of colts and almost beat them this year, beat them last year and please don't give me this mawae is God answer. VY is a leader, has a gun, got great wheels and he will put t!ts on his back and they will contend for wildcard and as i said

i believe they will attain.

Tell me agan how PM looked his 1st 2 years!

Vince Young has a gun? We have a backup QB whose "gun" has more pop than that. Actually we may have two.

I've yet to see him be truly impressive as an NFL passer. He's made some good throws, and made a couple of nice ones on Monday night that I saw. But I didn't see any rifle-like passes coming from him.

I will absolutely grant you that his receiving corps is nothing to get excited about (to say the least). But I've seen this kid get all the credit for some wins he had little or nothing to do with.

Let's see if he's as good as Michael Vick was in year two before you start comparing him to Peyton Manning. Kerry Collins - the man he replaced - was also touted as someone who "just wins" at this stage of his career.

Vince Young has a gun? We have a backup QB whose "gun" has more pop than that. Actually we may have two.

I've yet to see him be truly impressive as an NFL passer. He's made some good throws, and made a couple of nice ones on Monday night that I saw. But I didn't see any rifle-like passes coming from him.

I will absolutely grant you that his receiving corps is nothing to get excited about (to say the least). But I've seen this kid get all the credit for some wins he had little or nothing to do with.

Let's see if he's as good as Michael Vick was in year two before you start comparing him to Peyton Manning. Kerry Collins - the man he replaced - was also touted as someone who "just wins" at this stage of his career.

Boomer was gushing all over VY in the radio broadcast, the kid has a gun, a flick of the wrist and swooosh

Time will tell, i believe this kid will have a few SB rings when he is done.

Our real Franchise QB 2 years ago

Vince Young will be a HOF QB and he is fun to watch to boot

I know he was a High risk/reward selection, and many on this board complained about his throwing motion... this kid can play ball and to be honest we blew it. Trading up was the only option for us, going from 4 to 3

should have been a slam dunk..

Oh well we did get a brick or a rock or whatever you call it.

You can't blame Tanenbaum for not drafting Young. He was taken 3rd overall, before the Jets' 4th pick. That being said, however, I really doubt they would have drafted Young if he was still available at 4.

VY is just a leader. So far he's proven all of his doubters wrong and even surpassed the expecations of people who thought he could play in the NFL. Now if he could only get a decent wr to throw to.

Lendale White doesn't look so bad either.

If you're talking about pure running QB's winning the Super Bowl then yes, none have done it.

Randall sure as helll came close. It's the team!!!!!

and i dont get that " look at the past" statement at all.

I'd take Moon,I'd take McNabb. I loved Ray Lucas. He played great that year, I wanted him to start the next season.

I mean, I'm not the NAACP or anything, I just don't get that one,Rush. lol

Our real Franchise QB 2 years ago

Vince Young will be a HOF QB and he is fun to watch to boot

I know he was a High risk/reward selection, and many on this board complained about his throwing motion... this kid can play ball and to be honest we blew it. Trading up was the only option for us, going from 4 to 3

should have been a slam dunk..

Oh well we did get a brick or a rock or whatever you call it.

To be honest, we had a chance to draft Dan Marino, Brett Favre, Warren Sapp, Tom Brady and many others, but until someone patents a time-machine, QUIT BITCHIN'.

Archived