Ecurb, there will be a time very soon

lancemehl

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
first off, he had TD's in that week, secondly, are you saying long drives are bad with this defense? get real.

Oh, this is the question thaijet is b#tching about like alittle faggot.

Anyways. First off, yes Chad had tds in week 1, but I was talking about how his 7-8 minute drives OVER THE COURSE OF HIS ENTIRE CAREER eat up too much clock, not a single game abberation where btw he only put up 2 touchdowns.

Long drives when you are losing, hence the reason why I said he cant beat elite teams, are only good when you put up 7 points. Not 3 points, 7 points. You simply can NOT afford to have 7-8 minute drives, only come up with a field goal to show for it, and expect to beat elite teams. Sure, the defense has been putrid thus far in 2007, but over the course of Chads career the Jets defense has been significantly better than the Jets offense - that is a fact. So to play the "long drives are better because our defense sucks" card is alittle premature considering its very young in the season, and this is EXACTLY how it happened last year with Chad starting out hot, the defense struggling, and by the end of the year it was the reverse.

If Chad continues at this rate, I'll be very impressed, but dont count your chickens before they hatch.

Over the course of his career he has never lead the Jets to a top 10 scoring offense - he simply doesnt put up enough points to beat elite teams.

Sperm.

I agree with everything you said, except for this.

How do you expect Chad, or any other QB for that matter to put up points without both a running game, and a lack of defense? How do you expect to win a game when you give up a 109 yard KO return?

At that point...you are playing catch-up. The defense already knows you are going to throw..NOT to mention that Chad was injured during the game!

I'm as big of a Chad supporter you will meet, and I am objective enough to know he can not "gun-sling" us to a big come from behind victory..but to his credit there were a LOT of things wrong on 9/9..video camera included.

What does lack of defense have to with scoring points?

Carson Palmer, Trent Green (in Kansas City, pre-Herm), Peyton Manning, and even Jon Kitna seem to have no problem piling up points while playing on teams with awful defenses.

Chad had Curtis Martin, the 4th all-time leading rusher, by his side for most of his career, and he NEVER put up a lot of points unless he was playing someone from the NFC North.

Archived