Giving up on Chad

SteveO

Until now I have had faith in Chad to be the Jets starting QB. There have been many times in the past where I have questioned him, but after the last two weeks I have officially turned to the play Clemens band wagon. Whats the worst that can happen the Jets lose another game? This season is pretty much in the tubes with a 1-4 start. If Coles wasn't so damn good Chad wouldn't be completing half of his passes. At this rate the top notch receivers that the Jets have are all for not with this guy throwing the ball. Chad has done well in the past but it seems that his time is simply up.

You know its bad with Collingsworth mocks you:

Collingsworth

"They caught some of Chad's passes on the radar gun today"

Bettis

"Really?"

Collingsworth

"Yea it read HA!"

Until now I have had faith in Chad to be the Jets starting QB. There have been many times in the past where I have questioned him, but after the last two weeks I have officially turned to the play Clemens band wagon. Whats the worst that can happen the Jets lose another game? This season is pretty much in the tubes with a 1-4 start. If Coles wasn't so damn good Chad wouldn't be completing half of his passes. At this rate the top notch receivers that the Jets have are all for not with this guy throwing the ball. Chad has done well in the past but it seems that his time is simply up.

You know its bad with Collingsworth mocks you:

Collingsworth

"They caught some of Chad's passes on the radar gun today"

Bettis

"Really?"

Collingsworth

"Yea it read HA!"

I lost faith in him in preseason...many wanted to argue...it is only preseason...well it would appear that was not what it was at all...it was Pennington !

Sadly, I am also turning to the Clemens bandwagon. I love the way Chad plays the game, and he has a huge amount of heart. But Itappears that the injuries to his arm have caught up with him, he knows what he wants to do in his head, he just doesn't seem to be able to get it done physically. He doesn't need to be bashed by the fans, he gave all he had to this team, he just needs to step aside before it gets worse.

I give Chad kudos for heart, leadership and smarts. One can only imagine where we would be if he had a good NFL caliber arm. I am not talking great arm, but just a good arm, so the defense is not playing against a slow-motion offense.

That said, it is time to move on and let Clemens play for the rest of the season so we can get a better idea if he has the goods. Otherwise, we need to make decisive trade/draft moves in the off-season.

You can't make chicken liver out of chicken $**t.

I I dont think he is what we need in a starter, 5 INTs in 2 games is where I draw the line. If he cant be weak armed but accurate, then he has nothing to offer this lifeless team. He looked like Richard Todd with a broken wrist out there.

Archived