Saw This Thread Elsewhere - Power Running Game

Maxman

The question was raised on another board -- how close are the Jets to a power running game. I thought it was a good one. Off the top of my head I wanted to say 8 guys (5 OL, QB, FB, RB). But I will be serious.

At a minimum

2 OL (LG, RT)

1 QB (need to stretch the field)

1 FB (Haven't seen enough of the current cast of characters to know if they qualify).

Baker and the WRs are all strong enough to hole their own blocking wise.

The question was raised on another board -- how close are the Jets to a power running game. I thought it was a good one. Off the top of my head I wanted to say 8 guys (5 OL, QB, FB, RB). But I will be serious.

At a minimum

2 OL (LG, RT)

1 FB (Haven't seen enough of the current cast of characters to know if they qualify).

it remains to be seen whether Shotty has plays in his bag of tricks to make it happen as well

At a minimum

2 OL (LG, RT)

POWER running game? I just want A running game that doesn't consist of 2 yards and a cloud of dust. We have no right to be picky in what kind of style we play.

POWER running game? I just want A running game that doesn't consist of 2 yards and a cloud of dust. We have no right to be picky in what kind of style we play.

2 yards? Lets start with positive yardage first, lol. Baby steps 80, baby steps.

Were an Alan Faneca away from having a power running game.

Take note: Eric Mangini

Dont forget Tannenbaum. Honestly, if this offseason was any sign, they're too cheap to go after someone like Faneca. Either that, or they've been saving up for next offseason and bringing in several guys.

They could probably get by better by stacking one side of the line (right) with power blockers. Baker should not be mentioned with the term power running game. Ryan or Kowelski maybe, but not Baker. He is a serviceable blocker. Nothing more. The FB seems adequate for those purposes. A true power running game wouldn't need the qb to stretch the field. Maybe to succeed for real, but not to beat teams up, with the Jets are certainly not doing now.

* By the FB I meant Barnes. Tutt remains a mystery.

Archived